ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RedBlue
India

Email from HO

Post by RedBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi All,

I received the following email from the home office today. Did anyone else receive the same email?
Also is this email specific to my case or its a general email due to recent COVID-19 guidelines

Application submitted online on 12th Aug 2020
Biometric/Documents sent via UKVCAS IDV app 5th Sept 2020
Dear xxxx,

PLEASE QUOTE REF: xxxxx IN ANY CORRESPONDENCE.

This is a notification email. We cannot reply to queries from this mailbox. For any further information please access our website through https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself have been closed.

Some centres are now opening with limited capacity so you may now be able to get an appointment it is important you attend if an appointment is offered.

Alternatively, you may have already attended an appointment and submitted your biometric details. If this is the case, no further action is required.

If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work/study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Yours sincerely,
FLRM VALIDATION
HOME OFFICE

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Email from HO

Post by Korekt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:34 pm

It's generic. Nothing to worry about.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. Just want to be sure if I have to submit Biometrics again, Its a bit confusing after reading the below line
it is important you attend if an appointment is offered

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:11 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 pm
Thanks for the reply. Just want to be sure if I have to submit Biometrics again, Its a bit confusing after reading the below line
And the very next paragraph says:
Alternatively, you may have already attended an appointment and submitted your biometric details. If this is the case, no further action is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:11 pm
RedBlue wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 pm
And the very next paragraph says:
Thanks for the response but I have not attended the appointment, Biometrics reused and Documents uploaded via the app. So does that mean I have to book and attend an appointment? Im worried now :cry:

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 am

RedBlue wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 pm
So does that mean I have to book and attend an appointment? Im worried now :cry:
No.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

RedBlue
India

Address change FLR(M)

Post by RedBlue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi,

I have already applied for FLR(M) extension. My application is still with home office and I received an email that there will be a delay in deciding my application due to COVID. I am moving to a new address from the 10th of Oct. How do I go about letting home office know about the change of address so they don’t send the BRP to the old address.

Any advice or process will be of much help.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Address change FLR(M)

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 pm

RedBlue wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm
Hi,

I have already applied for FLR(M) extension. My application is still with home office and I received an email that there will be a delay in deciding my application due to COVID. I am moving to a new address from the 10th of Oct. How do I go about letting home office know about the change of address so they don’t send the BRP to the old address.

Any advice or process will be of much help.

Thanks.
You can update your new address at following address but UKVI still may not amend it rather send the BRP card at previous address. So better to leave the place amicably so that you can go and collect your post from there.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.