ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance_Joint account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

millencolin
Newly Registered

Maintenance_Joint account

Post by millencolin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:27 pm

hi all,

I'm a Turkish national and have been living in the UK for the last two years under student dependant visa.

I have applied for hSMP in April and am hoping to receive an answer this week and have already started making necessary preparations for EC.

My query is as follows : As a student dependant, I was not able to apply for the new Tier one back in April and went back to Turkey for a couple of days applied for the old HSMP.

I know that since i will be applying for the EC, I need to show £2800 for myself but not sure how much I should show for my husband since it's stated that if the main applicant has been in the UK for 12 mths or more, I need to show £533 for each dependant.

But as I'm making an out of the country application I migth need to show £1600.

Please advise how much I should be showing for my husband.

2) if I need to show £1600 for my husband i won't be able to add him in my application at this stage- he has got his own Post study visa). However we have got a joint account and am not sure whether it would work. As i can't add him in my application, should the account belong to me ?

Any advises would be really appreciated.
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:09 am

1. Since your spouse is on in UK on post-study visa, he will also have to make an out-country application to apply for EC as your dependent. He cannot switch in-country.
2. If your spouse makes an EC application after you receive your EC and return to UK, you should only need 533 pounds. But if he makes an (EC) application at the same time as you, then you will need to provide evidence of 1600 pounds to support your spouse.
3. Joint account with spouse can be used to show evidence of maintenance funds for either or both the main applicant and the dependent.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!