ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to prepare photos for ILR appointment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LESTOU
China

Missing a Requried Document for Children

Post by LESTOU » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi There,

I applied for SET LR one week ago and one of the documents in the checklist is:

Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes.

However, my baby was just born in UK 5 months ago and due to the hardship of COVID-19 it has been imporssible to book an appointment to obtain a new passport for her. She doesn't has a BRP or vignettes either. What should I do in this case?

Many Thanks!

Regards

Long

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Missing a Requried Document for Children

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Not sure why you are getting this document in the checklist. Nothing like this is required for SET(LR). Ignore it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:57 pm

It’s probably coming up in the checklist since you answered your child’s details in your dependent’s section. UK born child is entitled to be registered as a British Citizen after one parent(s) get settled status i.e. ILR.
Where a child is involved and you do not apply for child’s visa, usually UKVI writes to the applicant to enquire why for child safety. It is best to include a cover letter and mention that you plan to register your child as BC (if you plan to?) after you get LR.

Again, no child document is required for your own SET(LR). But you may want to clarify the above in a cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:32 pm

LESTOU wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:07 pm
Hi There,

I applied for SET LR one week ago and one of the documents in the checklist is:

Document(s) showing your child / children's immigration status such as passports, biometric residence cards, or vignettes.

However, my baby was just born in UK 5 months ago and due to the hardship of COVID-19 it has been imporssible to book an appointment to obtain a new passport for her. She doesn't has a BRP or vignettes either. What should I do in this case?

Many Thanks!

Regards

Long
Set LR has no concept to include any dependant despite now have started asking the detail of others which in my guess doesn't mean of referring to provide anything tangibly. Maybe you won't be needed to supply it since the checklist is completely generic.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

LESTOU
China

Post by LESTOU » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks for the advice and help, I will prepare a cover letter to explain the situation then.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:16 pm
Not sure why you are getting this document in the checklist. Nothing like this is required for SET(LR). Ignore it.
Are you making the correct application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LESTOU
China

question about documents checklist

Post by LESTOU » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi there,

I am applying SET LR, and My documents checklist states the following requiremnt:

1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with Mrs XXX (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years.

2. Proof of Mr XXX's relationship status as the married or civil partner of Mrs XXX.

What is the difference between the above two? If the first one explicitly asks for marriage certificate and jointly bank statement, then what is the point of the second one?

Many Thanks,

Long

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: question about documents checklist

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:58 pm

None of this is required for SET(LR). The checklist is generic and this does not apply in your case. Ignore.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: question about documents checklist

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:28 am

LESTOU wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:47 pm
Hi there,

I am applying SET LR, and My documents checklist states the following requiremnt:

1. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with Mrs XXX (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years.

2. Proof of Mr XXX's relationship status as the married or civil partner of Mrs XXX.

What is the difference between the above two? If the first one explicitly asks for marriage certificate and jointly bank statement, then what is the point of the second one?

Many Thanks,

Long
None of those relationship related documents are required. Long residence ILR has nothing to do with your partner or children as you must qualify on your own and your relationship or children's status are not relevant. The doc list is generic
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

LESTOU
China

Can I stay in UK if no decision is given until my visa expirary date?

Post by LESTOU » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:37 pm

My TIER 2 visa will be expired on 15/01/2021, and I submitted my ILR set(lr) application on 27/08/2020. Given the long waiting time of ilr application, my question is that can I legally stay in UK if there is still no decision after 15/01/2021? My company can support me for another 3 months, can I still work after 15/01/2021 without applying for a new tier 2 extension?

Many Thanks

Long

vinny

Re: Can I stay in UK if no decision is given until my visa expirary date?

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Can I stay in UK if no decision is given until my visa expirary date?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:07 pm

LESTOU wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:37 pm
My TIER 2 visa will be expired on 15/01/2021, and I submitted my ILR set(lr) application on 27/08/2020. Given the long waiting time of ilr application, my question is that can I legally stay in UK if there is still no decision after 15/01/2021? My company can support me for another 3 months, can I still work after 15/01/2021 without applying for a new tier 2 extension?

Many Thanks

Long
Since you have made an in time application then you are covered.

LESTOU
China

Do I need to prepare photos for ILR appointment?

Post by LESTOU » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi There,

I'm wondering do I need to prepare passport photos for my ILR set(lr) application. The appointment is next week, and the ukvcas states the following requriement:

1 Your current passport.

2 The appointment confirmation document(s)

3 any supporting documents you require scanning

where photos are not explicitly mentioned.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Do I need to prepare photos for ILR appointment?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 pm

No photo needed. They will take digital photo at the appointment.