ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 for UK born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamanam

Form MN1 for UK born child

Post by zamanam » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 pm

HI

My question is regarding MN1 form application for naturalisation for child born in the UK.

Can you please confirm if we can apply using this form if child is born in the UK never travelled outside the UK but already have oversea ID and passport which was never been used for travel or any other purposes.

Please note child was not indicated on extension or ILR application as there was no such question - it just ask for dependants and spouse was the only dependent needing visa not the child, so lawyer advised not to include him.

Thanks

A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form MN1 for UK born child

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:04 pm

1. Please do not post citizenship questions in your ILR topic or the ilr sub forum. Post split and moved to the British citizenship sub forum.

2. A UK born child is entitled to register as British on form MN1 once EITHER parent is granted ILR and the parent has their ILR BRP.

3. It makes no difference if a child has a foreign passport or not.

4. It makes no difference if the child has travelled out of the UK or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.