ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions of partner during crossing U.K. force borders

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Questions of partner during crossing U.K. force borders

Post by Punguru82 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:11 pm

I was under the Impression once you’ve obtained settled status and or PR(for non EU). They no longer asks questions like;
1- Are you still with your partner/Are you still married etc?! I think it’s annoying. Is it Training issues or they just like to intimidate people?!
2.What if you are no longer together what happens next?!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Questions of partner during crossing U.K. force borders

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Same here.

My wife has an EEA PR + Settled Status. She was returning to the UK alone and was asked questions like:

- How come you have that?
- Who is your sponsor?
- What does he do in the UK?
- Do you still live with him?

She responded and they let her go. But I don't see what's the point.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:15 am

I am non-EU with EEA BRC, not yet PR. Sometimes they ask zero questions, me traveling alone or not; sometimes they ask the usual above. Never takes more than 30 seconds.

I know the point here is regarding people with PR but just to show that how many questions they ask also depends on how the border officer feels that day/how much time they have.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:21 am

Most of them are rather robotic. I think they ask the same questions again and again regardless or their relevancy.