ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application submitted to BHC Islamabad TODAY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TKhan

Settlement visa application submitted to BHC Islamabad TODAY

Post by TKhan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:50 am

Hello everyone,

I would really like to hear from people who have submitted their visa application today or around this date, just so we can share the pain of waiting! Or even be encouraged by how quickly some of us might get a response.

Gerry's Fedex in Islamabad was closed today as well as yesterday due to security issues, ofcourse you don't find this out till you waste your time and actually go there, there is no notice on their website - oh no - that might just be helpful.

Anyways, my husband had to go to the mirpur office and apply. But I have read about how long some peoples application has taken/is taking and the thought is killlllling meee!

Good luck everyone...

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 am

hi there

sorry br but u will have to live with that wait, an support each other in this difficult period,

this is what me and my wife have ben doing for the past 5 months

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:54 pm

PAST 5 MONTHS! I am so sorry to hear that, I hope that is not standard, that is absolutely disgusting! Is it your first application? Which visa application centre did u use?

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 am

tkhan

i meaning i havent seen my wife fo r5 months

we applied on 2 july, but i have now recieved email saying that passport will be ready for collection on monday

pls pray for me

SHY
Newly Registered

Spousal visa

Post by SHY » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am

Salaam to everyone

My husband and I applied for a settlement visa from Pakistan. However initially my husband was in the Uk and had claimed asylum. Because I did not want to wait in limbo, I suggested return back to Pakistan and apply for settlement.

We applied at the gerrys fedex in Islamabad on the 28th May 2008.

Since then I have emailed visqry2@fco.gov.uk and received a reply in July 2008 saying, at this stage we cannot say how long it will take.

It is now September and we have not heard anything. If anyone else is in the same situation please inform me about this.

Also it is the month of ramadan and if anyone reading this can do dua that we have a good outcome. Because ALLAH (SWT) fulfills the duas of anyone fasting.

Inshallah I hope anyone who genuinely wnats to be with their partner also has a good outcome.

Jazakallah Khair.

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:25 am

Just a quick question to all but if you apply via the VAC offices i am sure you can track the application online as I have done this for a few of my clients and friends.

SHY
Newly Registered

Post by SHY » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

Salaam impact crew

I have been checking online and also my husband has been ringing gerrys fedex. Still no answers

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm

SHY wrote:Salaam impact crew

I have been checking online and also my husband has been ringing gerrys fedex. Still no answers
Shy wa-salam

what was the outcome of his asylum or waht status was his asylum granted?

I hate to say this but i think yr case is not going to be a straight foward one as he was previously in the Uk and claimed asylum and is now claiming settlement and that would confuse matters as the view the ECO would take is "he is looking to settle in the uk and becos asylum failed he now has married" - You catch my drift!

I think your case will take a while but inshallah everything will be ok, keep praying and good luck.

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi Sohail,

I thought u meant u have been waiting 5 months for response! You scared the life out of me...!! Well, I sincerely pray that your wife gets her visa, please keep us updated, and inshaallah your wait will be rewarded.

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi Shy,

Your case is a little complicated, so I suppose patience is the key, thought thats easily said than done. Hopefully everthing will be fine. But your right about the Gerry's Fedex call centre, you can never get through, and when u do they just read out what is written on the tracking system online, there never seems to be anything new.

I haven't even started to call them yet 2nd working day today, so I am trying to put off thinking about it for as long as I can, and besides, I cannot stand their monotone voice reading what u already know! But recently I have heard of a few people who actually called and they were told their passports were ready for collection even though the site wasn't updated - I hope that is true in a lot of cases now...coz so many people waste their time and money calling them...

SHY
Newly Registered

Post by SHY » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Salaam

My husband exhausted all his appeal rights, but then we put in a fresh case for asylum which has never been decided upon. Before a decision could be made I said lets go to pakistan.

we sent photographs to prove that we got married with all the family and I stayed in Pakistan for a month. So I'm hoping they will take all the vidence in consideration. Plus there's not much of an age difference.

Please if everyone could remember me in your duas or when you open your fast. I doubt when you open your fast as you'll be toooo hungry.

Also if it did get refused I would hate to live in Pakistan as all the men were just staring and it really put me off, especially at Islamabad airport. I even wore a hijab to deter the attention, just did'nt work. I'll have to wear a nikaab if I go.
:oops:

Thank you all for the replies and info at the end of the day if Allah wishes he can make it happen. Inshallah.

I hope you all get really good outcome, if you really want to be with your partner.

Will reply on monday now, because I want to read as much of the qur'an and namaaz on the weekend. Everyone take care and remember all the muslim brothers and sisters who are in much worse situations than ourselves.

Jazakallah khair

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Shy,

You done the right thing by returning before they gave you the decison on yr asylum application, only negative thing is his old asylum application and inshallallah u will be fine.

Look after yrself

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi everyone!

Ok I have reached that stage where I am questioning whether I have done the application correctly, and if I have missed anything out...? I thought I would post an itinerary of all the documents I have sent:

1.Application form VAF4
2.Applicants passport
3.Sponsors attested copy of passport, showing details page, Pakistani visa, exit and entry stamps. Also, sponsors air tickets to and from Pakistan.
4.Copy of applicants Nadra ID Card
5.Applicants TB scan certificate
6.Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07/01

Marriage
7.Marriage certificate with English translation
8.Wedding Photographs
9.Photographs of sponsor & sponsors family with applicants family in UK
10.Photographs of sponsor & applicant together in Pakistan before and after marriage
11.Statement from sponsor & applicant stating how they met and their relationship
12.Letter of support from sponsor’s mother

Communication
13.International calling cards used to communicate
14.Ecards exchanged between sponsor and applicant
15.Emails exchanged between sponsor and applicant
16.MSN & Skype conversations between sponsor & applicant
17.Greeting cards sent via post

Sponsors Employment & Finance
18.Sponsors full-time job confirmation (Contract/Offer letter)
19.Sponsors Employment wage slips covering three months pay
20.Recent letter from sponsor’s employer confirming employment
21.Sponsors Bank statements

Accommodation
22.Land registry documents, and mortgage deed where applicant is to reside
23.Solicitors home survey letter to show home will not be overcrowded
24.Gas and electricity bills for sponsors property

Applicant’s future job prospects
25.Potential jobs the applicant is able to apply for on arrival to the united kingdom

Does anyone think I have missed anything? Has anyone sent anything more than this?

MSS

Post by MSS » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:54 pm

i DONt know what youre all complaining about. We applied for my husbands visa in May last year, and he was refused in Augustt 2007. I havent seen my husband for 1 year and 4 months. He hasnt met his daughter, and I havent seen his face for that long. If you think not seeing your husband/wife for a few months is agony, then imagine my pain. Ive prayed and i've cried and my prayers arent being answered, so what the hell can we do? NOTHING, because we're just human. If your partners dont get visas, what can you do? NOTHING.

We've applied again this August and have been told that we wont receive a reply until the end of October. What really p****s me off is that last year around this time, ppl who got married after me, got their passports (with or without visa) in 1 week or 2 weeks up until February of this year, and as soon as Ive applied again, its taking 3 months for them to process applications again.

We'll probably be refused again, as the ECO will probably find something new to pick on and refuse it, so I'm not hopeful about my husbands visa..Whats the point of being optimistic about something when you know the outcome will be bad? Thats how everyone should be.

MSS

Post by MSS » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Oh and Impactcrew - how are you tracking the passport online? as my husband and I are finding it impossible. What is the application number format? Thanks.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 am

MSS

sorry to hear about ur story, u r right , i havent seen my wife for 5 months feels years, what must u be going through then!!!, i really by heart pray for u, Inshallah ur hubby will get visa inshallah this time

i hope that doesnt happen to anyone

MSS

Post by MSS » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:13 am

yea well its happened to me hasnt it? I have to work full time and leave my baby in child care, and then what for? I dont see her all day and still my husband isnt here. Ive prayed as much as i could for the past year, and now ive just given up on everything. Praying doesnt help, its just bad luck. Im destined to have a crap life, and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:15 pm

MSS inshallah everything will be fine...all u can do is pray and be patient in this very difficult time...

I haven't seen my husband in 4months and 7 days, and that is painful enough so I can't imagine what u must be going through, especially with a little child involved too.

TKhan

Post by TKhan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Ok 2 working days so far, and counting, I just wish I could count the weekends toooo!

Everyone I would really appreciate your thoughts on my list of documents I have sent (see above)!...Just want to know if I have missed anything, as I have done the whole thing myself, and seem to be coming across more n more people who have had solicitors etc do the application...I am not an expert and now I am thinkin whether I should have got professional advice...

SHY
Newly Registered

Post by SHY » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 am

Salaam to everyone

I was quite dissappointed when I read some of the comments where people are saying they have prayed yet there has been no reply.

First of all if you believe in ALLAH and pray frequently with a sincere heart Inshallah your prayers will be answered. BUT if you pray and then complain saying OH MY DUAS WERE NOT ANSWRED, THEY WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Therefore remain patient and steadfast. Allah will either answer your prayer straightaway, answer it in the hereafter or remove a greater calamity which may befall you.

I know it is hard, I haven't seen my husband for 4 months now and sometimes I do think when is he going to come, but then I remember ALLAH puts you through hardship because he loves you and wants you to remember HIM in hardship.

Also did you know if a absent brother prays for you, for example I pray for someone on this site, the angels also wish the same for the person praying for the absent brother.

So if we all pray for one another who knows our duas will be answered more quickly. I'm not 100% religious but when one is in distress it makes you think who shall I ask for help? And you end up reading upon books and learning how not to be sad.

I hope everyones duas are answered inshallah.

princess22

Post by princess22 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:30 am

MSS - please don't lose hope. Allah (swt) does what is best for every indivdual, it may not seem like this right now but inshallah you will be united with your husband soon as.

I was away from my hubby for 8 months, if that was to be doubled it would be absolutely painful.

Keep praying to Allah (swt) and you shall get good news, also what helped me was reciting peace and blessings on our Holy Prophet (saw), read a least 1 once every night (more if you can) and I am sure your prayers will be answered!

Best of luck for the rest too.

Princess

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:40 pm

@MSS the online tracking number look like

KHI/******/******/*
ISL/******/******/*
LHR/******/******/*

all the * means numbers and khi for karachi, islamabad, lahore respectively
look for that number on ur gerry's vac slip and log on to
www.ukvacpk.com,, scroll down the page and last blue colored link on the page is

'Track your passport'

click on it and enter ur computer number and date of birth as DD / MM / YYYY

:roll:

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 pm

when did you submitt ur applicaiton??? and were if you dunt mind em askin..

faaniali

Post by faaniali » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Any body got the reply from BHC ?

sna
Newly Registered

About to submit application

Post by sna » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 am

Hi everyone, I got married 9 months ago and my husband will soon submit application form, i'm scared if it gets rejected, hopefully the form is filled out right and all the relevant evidence i have given is ok, it just feels like ive missed something out. I too know how most of u are feeling, coz i miss him alot.