ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ben2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ben2019 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Just received my decision from HO (successful), even though with yesterday's delay email!!! Will post my dates in the timeline. Thanks everyone on this forum and good luck!!!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Maiki wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:44 am
@Ameline

I believe they are going in date order. But once the application is opened by the team, if its straight forward according to HO (not what we think), its passed onto the CW, otherwise its put aside for further enquiries and passed onto CW to make a decision later on.. that may explain some jumps up and down in date order....
But true, we do not know what is going on behind the scenes..
I agree.
We only applied in August (NOT using app.), chose Sept. 8 for interview/biometrics in Reading, received email saying successful 10 days later, and bioemetric card arrived last week.

We had a strong case - own our house outright, easily cover financials, etc. - maybe (as someone mentioned) "easier" cases get pushed through straight away? Who knows...
Good luck to everyone!
I do not think you got quick decision because you had a strong case. Many of us have and still waiting!! People will panic reading your comment!! You got quick decision because your application was picked up and was dealt with as you are one of the lucky August applicants :)

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:46 pm
Maiki wrote:
Ameline wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline

I believe they are going in date order. But once the application is opened by the team, if its straight forward according to HO (not what we think), its passed onto the CW, otherwise its put aside for further enquiries and passed onto CW to make a decision later on.. that may explain some jumps up and down in date order....
I agree.
We only applied in August (NOT using app.), chose Sept. 8 for interview/biometrics in Reading, received email saying successful 10 days later, and bioemetric card arrived last week.

We had a strong case - own our house outright, easily cover financials, etc. - maybe (as someone mentioned) "easier" cases get pushed through straight away? Who knows...
Good luck to everyone!
I do not think you got quick decision because you had a strong case. Many of us have and still waiting!! People will panic reading your comment!! You got quick decision because your application was picked up and was dealt with as you are one of the lucky August applicants :)
And also because you are not SET(LR)

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:50 pm

ben2019 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Just received my decision from HO (successful), even though with yesterday's delay email!!! Will post my dates in the timeline. Thanks everyone on this forum and good luck!!!
Congratulations!! :) Everyone should ignore the delay email. If there is something wrong with the application they should send a complex case email.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm
Ameline wrote:
Maiki wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I agree.

Good luck to everyone!
I've done some statistics on Set (LR) applications and it seems like we are looking at an average of 100 days between date of application and decision, in most cases where complexities haven't been raised by UKVI/HO (based on forum research). So I would expect the July Set (LR) applicants to start receiving their decisions soon. Hopefully (by some miracle) UKVI/HO picks up the pace on Set (LR) applications by re-prioritising/re-directing some resources, and proves me wrong, giving us faster decisions. But I know that is wishful thinking :(
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

pblankso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by pblankso » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Ameline wrote:
Maiki wrote:
Ameline wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@Ameline

I agree.

Good luck to everyone!
@Ameline. I agree 100% and I think more priority has been given to set(0) than any other route. Normally would have expected to see more set(m) approvals but does not seem to be.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:17 pm

pblankso wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:01 pm
Ameline wrote:
Maiki wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I agree.

Good luck to everyone!
@Ameline. I agree 100% and I think more priority has been given to set(0) than any other route. Normally would have expected to see more set(m) approvals but does not seem to be.
Apparently yes. Maiki was Set(M) though. But you are right SET(O) are the quickest then SET(M) then SET(LR) are the slowest so far...

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am
klownking wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am
klownking wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:28 am
This is getting ridiculous that the June applicants are still waiting for the decision. The people who applied after me (August) are getting faster decisions. It is a good thing that they are getting faster decisions but how on earth the UKVI is prioritizing the applications. Ahhhhhhh... this is getting on my nerves now. No response from my MP so far, No acknowledgment from the HO. Absolutely dead silence. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I don't think the wait is long enough to get on your nerves!! you are an August applicant who submitted bio via IDV only on 05/09. There are people who waited for way too long and I give all my solidarity with them. If you have no emergency, I do not see why you have contacted your MP. For August and September applicants (including me) it is really to early for moaning!!

You can only hope that you will be lucky to have your approval soon since for Set(O) there are few of Aug applications which are approved everyday.

Good luck!
Nobody is moaning but when you see the timeline like most of the people in this universe are getting faster decision who applied after you then you get frustrated and suspecious about your applicaiton even though it is pretty straightforward. Let's see what happens in next few weeks. May be you have the patience but I don't. Thanks

Please desist from using this thread to vent your frustrations. We all get it. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. Many people have been waiting months on end for a decision and while you may not have the patience, you don't really have a choice, but to wait unless you have a genuine emergency. Yes, some people get lucky. Yes, no one really understands what the hell UKVI are doing with prioritising applications. But there ain't much you can (or should) do until the service standard time has elapsed. UKVI have made the service standard times VERY clear. If you're feeling particularly hard done by (unreasonably so, given that you only applied in August), just look at the Set LR timelines and see how slow that is going.

From the SET(LR) timeline thread, I see May/June applicants have started receiving decisions. There is a lag of about 4 months
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:26 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm
mumofmini wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm
Ameline wrote:
Maiki wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
I've done some statistics on Set (LR) applications and it seems like we are looking at an average of 100 days between date of application and decision, in most cases where complexities haven't been raised by UKVI/HO (based on forum research). So I would expect the July Set (LR) applicants to start receiving their decisions soon. Hopefully (by some miracle) UKVI/HO picks up the pace on Set (LR) applications by re-prioritising/re-directing some resources, and proves me wrong, giving us faster decisions. But I know that is wishful thinking :(
I also averaged it to 100days!! Happy to see we are thinking the same hehe. Also, as user poper said, I believe too July applicants are next within the month!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Many categories average standard processing time is 180 days and if decisions are pouring in 100 days its actually very good....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm

A bunch of fools(including me) went for an in-person biometrics for SET(LR) spending £££s desperately assuming the process would speed up somewhere/somehow. I am already laughing at myself
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:00 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm
A bunch of fools(including me) went for an in-person biometrics for SET(LR) spending £££s desperately assuming the process would speed up somewhere/somehow. I am already laughing at myself
I am also one of them. Paid £7200 to UKVI, £405 for in person appointments. £950 to solicitor for screwing up (delaying by 1 month) to solicitor. This is for ILR on LR route. Last year paid £3600 for NHS fees and £1400 for Tier 2 Visa extension. UKVI should pity on people like us and build some more transparency in their process. This desperation to settle in UK costs fortune. Not sure worth or not :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:17 pm

User @newuser79 applied for ILR via Tier 2 G on 31st Aug, bio 23rd Sep.. got approval today...quick..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm
Actually dual submission has failed too.....

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:27 pm

has anyone who applied after Sept 12th received decision yet?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:29 pm

And user @Vasanthram prakasam, who had a sick father back home got his decision

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:30 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:29 pm
And user @Vasanthram prakasam, who had a sick father back home got his decision
Great news 🙏

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 am

I don't think the wait is long enough to get on your nerves!! you are an August applicant who submitted bio via IDV only on 05/09. There are people who waited for way too long and I give all my solidarity with them. If you have no emergency, I do not see why you have contacted your MP. For August and September applicants (including me) it is really to early for moaning!!

You can only hope that you will be lucky to have your approval soon since for Set(O) there are few of Aug applications which are approved everyday.

Good luck!
Nobody is moaning but when you see the timeline like most of the people in this universe are getting faster decision who applied after you then you get frustrated and suspecious about your applicaiton even though it is pretty straightforward. Let's see what happens in next few weeks. May be you have the patience but I don't. Thanks

Please desist from using this thread to vent your frustrations. We all get it. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. Many people have been waiting months on end for a decision and while you may not have the patience, you don't really have a choice, but to wait unless you have a genuine emergency. Yes, some people get lucky. Yes, no one really understands what the hell UKVI are doing with prioritising applications. But there ain't much you can (or should) do until the service standard time has elapsed. UKVI have made the service standard times VERY clear. If you're feeling particularly hard done by (unreasonably so, given that you only applied in August), just look at the Set LR timelines and see how slow that is going.

From the SET(LR) timeline thread, I see May/June applicants have started receiving decisions. There is a lag of about 4 months
.......while April SET LR still waiting🤔

BeeShe
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BeeShe » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:33 pm

:D
Thanks CULLINAN, I followed your advice for duel submission as there is no harm except for the money you paid to UKVCAS. I am not fully confident that its works for me or not, however I am so happy that I got my response very soon. I see very limited Tier 1 PBS dependant results in this forum and I was worried that its took 6 months or more but I got my result less than three weeks. That’s great. I am really thankful to all moderators, gurus and forum users who guide peoples and it’s really a great work.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Seems like many Tier 2 applicants are receiving approvals within 1 month.....

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm

BeeShe wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:33 pm
Thanks CULLINAN, I followed your advice for duel submission as there is no harm except for the money you paid to UKVCAS. I am not fully confident that its works for me or not, however I am so happy that I got my response very soon. I see very limited Tier 1 PBS dependant results in this forum and I was worried that its took 6 months or more but I got my result less than three weeks. That’s great. I am really thankful to all moderators, gurus and forum users who guide peoples and it’s really a great work.
Congratulations 🥳

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm
except me :) it's been 3.5 months and counting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:38 pm

berege wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
except me :) it's been 3.5 months and counting.
Your not alone. Hang in there. You shall soon succeed. 😅

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
BeeShe wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:33 pm
Congratulations 🥳
Point to note: User @BeeShe received a generic delay email also. As previously stated, these auto generated emails have no connection to the decision pace.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
klownking wrote:

.......while April SET LR still waiting🤔
Oops... I do not see your timeline entry. Have you not done this