ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i eligible for Tier 1 General Category

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aagrawal
Newly Registered

Am i eligible for Tier 1 General Category

Post by aagrawal » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm

hello everyone,

i had went through most of the threads on this website and would like to know whether i am eligible under tier 1 General category for UK visa...

I am under 27........ 20 Points

I have MSIT degree from Dhirubhai Ambani Institute DAIICT-Gandhinagar.... 35Points

My last 12 months earning is around 2Lac INR (around 18000 per month on hand)

I Dont have IELTS certificate...but my Schooling, graduation and Masters is through english medium.... 10 Points

Maintenance Fund...
==============================================
Got 7.00 Lac in PPF account till today...Sept 6, 2008...
Have 2.50 Lac worth ornaments shown in books of accounts..till date...
Have 3.40 Lac of LIC insurance till date...
Bank balance of 2.50 which i have since 20 August 2008
===============================================

Now...can anyone please tell me am i eligible for UK Visa under Tier 1 General Category...

(1) Can PPF Account, Ornaments and LIC be shown as Maintenenace fund or i strickly need to show balance of 2800 pounds in my bank for 3 months...

(2) In case if ppf and others is not valid then can i make application now and say i get approval letter in next 2 months then after waiting for one more month then i go for entrance clearance EC so by that time i can show 3 months of balance in my bank account.... Is it possible or i need to wait for 3 months from now and after that only i can make application...

(3) Can anybody tell me whether DAIICT - Gandhinagar is UK NARIC approved or not...do i need to get any certificate for getting 10 points for english language...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 am

First read Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* and then use points-based calculator to assess your points to check if qualify for Tier 1 or not.

PPF, ornaments, insurance, demat etc. cannot be used as evidence of maintenance funds.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aagrawal
Newly Registered

Post by aagrawal » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 am

Please check this thread...its says that PPF and ornaments are eligible for mainenenace funds...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 7baef4ab76

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:46 pm

aagrawal wrote:Please check this thread...its says that PPF and ornaments are eligible for mainenenace funds...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 7baef4ab76
If you look carefully, you'll note that the last post in this thread is dated Mar '08 .... which means that all those members were discussing EC aplications on basis of HSMP approvals. There was no maintenance funds requirement for HSMP EC applicants (as is prescribed under Tier 1) before 01-Apr-08 in India.

Remember that you are applying for Tier 1 and not HSMP!! And you have to meet the Tier 1 requirements. If you search the forum, you'll find enough reasons posted as to why PPF, insurance, demat etc. and assets such as property and ornaments, cannot be used as evidence of maintenance funds (Tier 1 applications).

If still in doubt, check with local BHC directly if monies held in PPF, EPF, insurance, demat etc. or assets such as property and ornaments can be used as evidence of maintenance funds under Tier 1.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi Agarwal,

Except that 2 lac in your bank account, nothing else qualifies as maintenance fund. I am quite sure about this.

aagrawal
Newly Registered

finallyapplied

Post by aagrawal » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 am

thanx for the reply, after geting the reply from the memebers, i have waited for 3 months and kept 2.4LAC in my savings accounts...

Applied for T1G, on 3rd dec 2008, waiting for visa....