ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by awesomeagni » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:27 pm
has anyone who applied after Sept 12th received decision yet?
Applied on (not after) 12/09/2020.
Attended biometric appointment on 24/09/2020 (12:30 PM)

At the biometric center I was told, UKVI has already checked the documents that were uploaded and had stated "No further action required" - that meant the docs were in order and no other docs were needed to be uploaded.

Awaiting decision letter/email. Received no communication from UKVI yet.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:13 pm

awesomeagni wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm
gabidzas wrote:

At the biometric center I was told, UKVI has already checked the documents that were uploaded and had stated "No further action required" - that meant the docs were in order and no other docs were needed to be uploaded.

thanks for your reply, hope you will receive approval soon.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:35 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:48 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:32 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am

Please desist from using this thread to vent your frustrations. We all get it. It's not a pleasant situation to be in. Many people have been waiting months on end for a decision and while you may not have the patience, you don't really have a choice, but to wait unless you have a genuine emergency. Yes, some people get lucky. Yes, no one really understands what the hell UKVI are doing with prioritising applications. But there ain't much you can (or should) do until the service standard time has elapsed. UKVI have made the service standard times VERY clear. If you're feeling particularly hard done by (unreasonably so, given that you only applied in August), just look at the Set LR timelines and see how slow that is going.

From the SET(LR) timeline thread, I see May/June applicants have started receiving decisions. There is a lag of about 4 months
.......while April SET LR still waiting🤔
Oops... I do not see your timeline entry. Have you not done this
Not sure if I have done it on the SET LR timeline yet ...waiting for approval, but a lot of people know I am still waiting🤯

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 pm

@jamd12 and @luluokis29
Could you both please update the LR timeline thread with your application details? Just to feed into my statistics spreadsheet for Set LR applicants, if nothing else? :D

@luluokis29
Is there anything that at least you consider to be complicated/questionable about your case? If not, you're almost at the service standard threshold, so you could start preparing an escalation and/or contacting your MP from 4/10/20 onwards.

@jamd12
yeah, if the pattern holds true, July applicants should be hearing soon (within the next 2 weeks, if not sooner) but who knows!

@poper
I went for the in-person biometrics appointment too and my thinking was that it is worth investing the 80 odd quid for the sake of peace of mind if nothing else, rather than faffing about with the IDV app. Not to mention it's not that bad considering I would have ended up paying that anyway if the IDV app wasn't a thing (since the enhanced service centre worked out cheaper overall after accounting for travel etc.).

@CULLINAN
While it may be true that certain routes have an average turn around time of 180 days, I wouldn't necessarily call a 100-110 day average quick, especially when those of us who would have forked out the extra monies for priority or super-priority services have had that option taken away from us (though I understand that even that is not guaranteed and depends on your specific circumstances). So you can imagine why a lot of us feel quite disgruntled by the lack of transparency combined with being forced to have our hands tied and at the mercy of however UKVI choose to process our applications :(
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 pm

@ajitu92

Hope you get a quick decision!! Good luck
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 pm
@ajitu92

Thank you so much, I hope so too! For myself and all other applicants regardless of route to ILR! 🙏🙏🙏

Hope you get your naturalisation decision quickly too, @CULLINAN! :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 pm
@ajitu92

Thank you so much, I hope so too! For myself and all other applicants regardless of route to ILR! 🙏🙏🙏

Hope you get your naturalisation decision quickly too, @CULLINAN! :D
Thank you we all are in the same 🚣‍♀️ @HO’s mercy.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Simon83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Simon83 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm

We received our Set(M) approval decision today at 11:24am, with an original submission date of 15th of April. We went for dual submission last Thursday after waiting for a month from IDV submission. Can't be sure of course that dual submission helped, but we're very glad to finally have our decision. We also contacted our MP, who submitted an update request last week, so perhaps that helped as well. Anyway, thanks so much to everyone for keeping us encouraged through this challenging wait!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Some mood uplift for all those waiting:
“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting” - Joyce Meyer
Train your mind to see the good in every situation- unknown
Possibly I have learnt patience with HO as I had to wait for 16 months for my extension, but hang it there, you all shall succeed soon!!

Alsace67000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Alsace67000 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

My application was accepted today. I applied July 2nd, submitted docs sept 4th and received my decision today. Many thanks to everyone who helped me especially @CULLINAN. Wish everyone the best

Alsace67000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Alsace67000 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

My application was accepted today. I applied July 2nd, submitted docs sept 4th and received my decision today. Many thanks to everyone who helped me especially @CULLINAN. Wish everyone the best

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Alsace67000 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm
Congratulations 🥳

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 am
I'm April application and still waiting (Tier 2 extension). My case is very simple (same job). I am getting very nervous because I need this BRP to apply my ILR (elibgle to apply since beginning of august).
Have you considered varying your application?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm
tom88jerry wrote:
I'm April application and still waiting (Tier 2 extension). My case is very simple (same job). I am getting very nervous because I need this BRP to apply my ILR (elibgle to apply since beginning of august).
Good point!

translationlibration
Newly Registered
China

Post by translationlibration » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Hello everyone!

Applied for FLR(M) while in the UK on Tier 4 and got the following email today:

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

etc. etc.

My timeline:
Application sent on 19/08 (all documents uploaded 2 days later)
Eligibility to use IDV app confirmed on 03/09
Invited to use IDV app on 05/09
IDV app used to confirm biometrics on 05/09

Anyone else in a similar situation or have any idea how long it will take me to get a decision from this?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm

@translationliberation

Ignore the email. Generic auto email. No connection to decision pace. Wait patiently only.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 pm
@jamd12 and @luluokis29
Could you both please update the LR timeline thread with your application details? Just to feed into my statistics spreadsheet for Set LR applicants, if nothing else? :D

@luluokis29
Is there anything that at least you consider to be complicated/questionable about your case? If not, you're almost at the service standard threshold, so you could start preparing an escalation and/or contacting your MP from 4/10/20 onwards.

@jamd12
yeah, if the pattern holds true, July applicants should be hearing soon (within the next 2 weeks, if not sooner) but who knows!

@poper
I went for the in-person biometrics appointment too and my thinking was that it is worth investing the 80 odd quid for the sake of peace of mind if nothing else, rather than faffing about with the IDV app. Not to mention it's not that bad considering I would have ended up paying that anyway if the IDV app wasn't a thing (since the enhanced service centre worked out cheaper overall after accounting for travel etc.).

@CULLINAN
While it may be true that certain routes have an average turn around time of 180 days, I wouldn't necessarily call a 100-110 day average quick, especially when those of us who would have forked out the extra monies for priority or super-priority services have had that option taken away from us (though I understand that even that is not guaranteed and depends on your specific circumstances). So you can imagine why a lot of us feel quite disgruntled by the lack of transparency combined with being forced to have our hands tied and at the mercy of however UKVI choose to process our applications :(
Here's my timeline
indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... l#p1943077

MP has escalated my case on the 20th...I am now awaiting response!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:42 pm

I can feel your pain @Luluokis29. Your 6 months are over on 3rd Oct. I think you should hear by Friday!! Good luck!

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:42 pm
I can feel your pain @Luluokis29. Your 6 months are over on 3rd Oct. I think you should hear by Friday!! Good luck!
Thanks for your support and kind words🙏 I hope so too!😊

translationlibration
Newly Registered
China

Post by translationlibration » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm
@translationliberation

Ignore the email. Generic auto email. No connection to decision pace. Wait patiently only.
Thanks for your reply.

Is this 8 weeks from the date of submission of the online application (i.e. 19th August) or submission of biometrics/IDV app use (i.e. 5th September)?
Has anyone's FLR(M) application you know of been processed within 8 weeks recently?

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 pm

I didn't know I could do that. I'm not quite sure if i can do it because of my situation.

My current visa expired back in 29th April 2020. I told my supervisor that I could apply an ILR from 8th August, so I need the SOC to cover between April to August. Then, my uni issued SOC from April to end of October. I told my supervisor that 6 months should be enough, as the standard time is 8 weeks. By the way, I submitted my application on 26th April 2020. I waited nearly 2 months for my SOC due to shutdown.

I rang UKVI on August and the staff told me that I couldn't withdraw the current application to apply new application for ILR because it meant I won't have visa to cover between April to August. Then, I rang to UKVI again last week to explain my situation. I said I had around 3 weeks left now before my SOC end date (a week for BRP to arrive). The staff then raised the case for me.

Can I vary my application? Will it count that I stay in UK legally between April to August? Also I already submitted IDV app and did f2f biometrics.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Korekt wrote:
tom88jerry wrote:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 pm
I didn't know I could do that. I'm not quite sure if i can do it because of my situation.

My current visa expired back in 29th April 2020. I told my supervisor that I could apply an ILR from 8th August, so I need the SOC to cover between April to August. Then, my uni issued SOC from April to end of October. I told my supervisor that 6 months should be enough, as the standard time is 8 weeks. By the way, I submitted my application on 26th April 2020. I waited nearly 2 months for my SOC due to shutdown.

I rang UKVI on August and the staff told me that I couldn't withdraw the current application to apply new application for ILR because it meant I won't have visa to cover between April to August. Then, I rang to UKVI again last week to explain my situation. I said I had around 3 weeks left now before my SOC end date (a week for BRP to arrive). The staff then raised the case for me.

Can I vary my application? Will it count that I stay in UK legally between April to August? Also I already submitted IDV app and did f2f biometrics.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Korekt wrote:
tom88jerry wrote:
Please carry on with your case specific questions in your own thread. Create a new topic in the relevant sub forum to discuss this further. Thanks.

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Yes sure :)
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Please carry on with your case specific questions in your own thread. Create a new topic in the relevant sub forum to discuss this further. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:25 pm
Yes sure :)
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Make sure you mention your full history there with proper dates to get better advice by members.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:33 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:13 pm
awesomeagni wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm
gabidzas wrote:

thanks for your reply, hope you will receive approval soon.

Thank you @gabidzas.

Hope you receive yours soon too.