ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - what date are they up to?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:42 am

millencolin wrote:How can we make fast track ? is there a form to fill out ? or when you applied for HSMP it's automatically porcessed under fast track
I think that what he meant regarding fast tracked was that because they don't have to look at your application as closely because you have already got the HSMP letter, then they just do the formality items such as proof of funds etc, so it takes alot less time.

Great news on the date though, i'm going to get started later today on my online application so i can get all of that sorted in advance of my HSMP letter arriving.

Also, for us Kiwis, i noticed last night that Air NZ has one way flights to London in October/November for approx NZ$1300! That is well below the usual $2300, so a few more bucks in the pocket for the pub!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:14 am

Great news on the date though, i'm going to get started later today on my online application so i can get all of that sorted in advance of my HSMP letter arriving.
I've been thinking about doing that too. But notice that when you are almost finished filling in the online form, you are asked to submit your fee and book a time for a biometrics appointment! Probably not something you want to do before you have your HSMP letter in your hand.
Also, for us Kiwis, i noticed last night that Air NZ has one way flights to London in October/November for approx NZ$1300! That is well below the usual $2300, so a few more bucks in the pocket for the pub!
Using http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz to search fares over the past few months, it seemed that there are often one-way fares for $1300-$1500. Finding the flights with the fewest stopovers is the trick.

How can we make fast track ? is there a form to fill out ? or when you applied for HSMP it's automatically porcessed under fast track.
There is no separate process as such but there is a provisional system in place for tier 1 applicants with hsmp letters. You will see it on the standard tier 1 application form (last time I checked, it was close to the beginning and asked "do you currently hold an HSMP letter? If so, go straight to section X" or something similar). Basically, with an HSMP letter you are already half way there.
honestly i got 10 years older over the last 3 mths.
I know what you mean. My partner and I applied at the end of may, not realising we were facing a 3 or 4 month wait. All of our friends are in the UK already (they got in at the beginning of the year before the big delays hit). Since then, the exchange rate has shifted significantly so my partner no longer has enough in savings to meet the maintenance requirement for her own visa so she will have to accompany me as my dependent!

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 am

niw2 wrote:
I've been thinking about doing that too. But notice that when you are almost finished filling in the online form, you are asked to submit your fee and book a time for a biometrics appointment! Probably not something you want to do before you have your HSMP letter in your hand.!
Yes, but you can choose to not pay online etc, so that you can pay when you go in for your biometrics.
niw2 wrote:
Using http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz to search fares over the past few months, it seemed that there are often one-way fares for $1300-$1500. Finding the flights with the fewest stopovers is the trick. !

Yeah, but i want to go via LA/San Fran as you get twice the baggage allowance vs going through Asia.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:55 am

San Fran would be ok but avoid LAX like the plague.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:47 pm

bpietro
Newly Registered

Post by bpietro » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:15 am

I hope they don't make us wait till next Saturday for an update!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 am

If they do, I hope its worth waiting for.

wht05
Newly Registered

Post by wht05 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:12 pm

It is 15 April Now.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 pm

So theyre ticking along at about one week of applications per week. As expected, they have sped up now that they are not processing apps from India.

I really want it faster though, since at the current rate, my application (received at the end of May) will be processed early to mid October.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 am

Well atleast the people who applied for HSMP after 1st April may get an idea about when their application is going to be processed. e.g. my application was received by them on 16th May 2008, and at this speed of handling 1 week of applications in 1 week, I have a rough estimate that my application will be processed in about 1 more month. Previously, no one had any idea when their application is going to be processed.

Anyways, lets keep hoping for the best.
Regards,
KM

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 am

Now that's what I call facing rediculous shit from the shit office.

IT's now 14th of April
So in a week they unbelievable, incredibly manage to achieve the unprecedented progress of -1 days, that's -1 day, they managed to get back one day.

I'm again finding myself questioning my whole decision to move the UK if they lack enough decency not to go back one day in a week time, what MIGHT happen when we want to extend or settle? Everything is possible in this facing third world country that's pretending to be a super power.

sulzer
Newly Registered

Post by sulzer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:16 pm

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Wow, thats pretty disappointing. Theyve gone back to processing less than a week's applications in a week so theyre again falling further and further behind.

Looks like I wont be there til late November. Kind of annoying knowing that I could (probably) get Tier 1 approval here in NZ within a month but I'd have to give up my NZ$1000 application fee to do so.

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:52 am

So 14 of april was a typo they corrected?
Yeah, 18 is definitely better than 14

bpietro
Newly Registered

Post by bpietro » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 am

I'm so unbelievabely frustrated...

I just found out that if I had applied under tier 1 post July 1 the turn around time on the application would have been 30-45 days. Instead I applied months earlier and still have no idea how much longer I'll be waiting.

Not only that but my visa would be valid for 3 years...not two!!

Waiting for these retards to get their act together is killing me!

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:54 am

Is it now a fact that they're giving people with HSMP approval letter only two years? I thought they're giving 3 years like other tier 1 applicants, am i wrong?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 am

I was under the impression that we will receive a (3 year) Tier 1 visa but my only reason for believing that is because we apply using Tier 1 application forms so I may well be wrong.
I applied months earlier and still have no idea how much longer I'll be waiting.
Believe me, I share your frustration. It has been thirteen weeks (a little over 3 months) since my partner and I applied. My partner finishes at her job today because she handed in her resignation two months ago, reasonably anticipating that we'd be booking our flights and packing our suitcases by now. I myself left my job earlier in the year, in anticipation of us heading abroad, and have not been employed in my professional capacity for months. It looks like it will be at least another month before our HSMPs are processed, and perhaps another month to obtain our visas.

It is unlikely that the immigration authorities appreciate the situation we, collectively, have been left in due to the unforeseen and enduring delays in processing.

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:37 am

wow, that sucks. i too finish up my job shortly, at the end of September. I was hoping to spend a max of 2 weeks in NZ awaiting my EC, but it looks like it may be longer.
The worst part is that i have to keep on telling my new boss (same company) in the UK that im still sitting on my arse in NZ even though i was meant to start at the beginning of August. Yah.
Oh well, each day is one day closer i guess :)

Stimo
Newly Registered

Post by Stimo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:37 pm

I hope, they will hasten this process.. I've got tired...

Stimo
Newly Registered

Post by Stimo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:56 pm

It is 28 April! It is much better!
Congratulations.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:08 pm

We are currently considering applications received on 28 April 2008
Yeah, this is much better. It does make you wonder, though, doesnt it? They processed 3 days of applications in 6 days, now they process 10 days of applications in 4 days. There doesnt seem to be much of a pattern to it!

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:29 am

Well the overall progress for last 3 weeks seems fine.they processed around 21 days of applications in 3 weeks which is much much better than the month of march. Lets keep our fingers crossed :)
Regards,
KM

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 am

awesome, thats the date my application was received on!
Stocked!
Anyway, ive doen the online application for EC for HSMP approval letter holders. Do i need to show any documentation regarding having a certain amount in my of money in my bank account for 3 months? There were no questions related to money on the online question but i just want to make sure before i sent my application in etc.
Also of note, i could have done my biometric tests tomorrow first up in Auckland if i had of choosen. In fact it didnt look like there were any biometric tests already scheduled for the 2 weeks i looked at. odd

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:13 am

Congats Mark, please keep me posted on your progress since you are a NZer too. Im interested to hear whether the HO tells you that your application has been processed, how long it takes them to return your documents, and how long the NZ BHC takes to process your EC application, since my partner and I will be going through the same in about one months time!

Regarding your maintenance funds, see:
http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/vis ... smp-letter

Note that you also need to submit Appendix 1 in addition to the online form.

That is the NZ BHC's website. On that page, it states:
You must be able to support yourself for the duration of your stay in the UK without needing help from public funds. Initially, in order to qualify under Tier 1 (General) Migrant, you must be able to show you have £2,800 for yourself and £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you.

These funds must have been held consistently in your bank account for the past three months. If the amount falls below this at any time during the three-month period, the application will be refused.
In other words, you need to have had the money in your account for 3 months before you can apply.

No need to thank me, you can buy me a pint when I get to London :D

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:21 am

niw2 wrote:In other words, you need to have had the money in your account for 3 months before you can apply.

No need to thank me, you can buy me a pint when I get to London :D
Cheers mate, when we both get through this im sure we can all meet up and celebrate!
Ill post up all the dates etc when i receive the approval letter etc, esp for the NZ EC processing time (which im hoping will be minimal!)
Ill have to talk to my bank tomorrow regarding getting paperwork from them to show the dollar amounts. Ive kept an amount aside just in case i had too, so im glad i didn't have to drop into it at all!