ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Justo
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Justo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 pm

What is the chance of booking free appointment in London or nearby locations? Is there any particular time they are release?

(The ones I currently see are in Croydon for £62.99 per person. It is four of us, so hoping to find free slots)

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Justo wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 pm
What is the chance of booking free appointment in London or nearby locations? Is there any particular time they are release?

(The ones I currently see are in Croydon for £62.99 per person. It is four of us, so hoping to find free slots)

Thanks
Keep looking during the day/especially after midnight. You may find one which is after 2/3 weeks. If you can wait longer, worth trying looking for free appointments.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Gdgm
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gdgm » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 pm

hi all,

I have applied ILR SETO after completing 5 years as dependent. I didn't get any email about resuing Biometric, but I got email to use IDV app which I used and submitted docs and facial image and submitted on the app.

I am not sure if I still need to book an appointment to provide my biometric or should just wait for decision to be made?

Any advice on this will be appreciated. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Gdgm wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 pm

I used and submitted docs and facial image and submitted on the app.

I am not sure if I still need to book an appointment to provide my biometric or should just wait for decision to be made?
No need. Wait for decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 pm
@jamd12 and @luluokis29
Could you both please update the LR timeline thread with your application details? Just to feed into my statistics spreadsheet for Set LR applicants, if nothing else? :D

@luluokis29
Is there anything that at least you consider to be complicated/questionable about your case? If not, you're almost at the service standard threshold, so you could start preparing an escalation and/or contacting your MP from 4/10/20 onwards.

@jamd12
yeah, if the pattern holds true, July applicants should be hearing soon (within the next 2 weeks, if not sooner) but who knows!

@poper
I went for the in-person biometrics appointment too and my thinking was that it is worth investing the 80 odd quid for the sake of peace of mind if nothing else, rather than faffing about with the IDV app. Not to mention it's not that bad considering I would have ended up paying that anyway if the IDV app wasn't a thing (since the enhanced service centre worked out cheaper overall after accounting for travel etc.).

@CULLINAN
While it may be true that certain routes have an average turn around time of 180 days, I wouldn't necessarily call a 100-110 day average quick, especially when those of us who would have forked out the extra monies for priority or super-priority services have had that option taken away from us (though I understand that even that is not guaranteed and depends on your specific circumstances). So you can imagine why a lot of us feel quite disgruntled by the lack of transparency combined with being forced to have our hands tied and at the mercy of however UKVI choose to process our applications :(
Have updated the LR timeline thread with my details! Thank you for doing a statistic spreadsheet!! :D

Ehd1202
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Ehd1202 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am

Hello everyone! Sorry if this is buried in the thread but has anyone experienced massive delays with BRP production? I applied through a solicitor 1 May, had my biometric appointment 26 Aug, decision 1 Sept and have now been waiting a month for my BRP to even be sent out! They still advised 7-10 business days in their approval letter. Need to urgently travel at the end of the month (and will have been 6 months since I applied). Thanks!

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:39 am

Ehd1202 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am
Hello everyone! Sorry if this is buried in the thread but has anyone experienced massive delays with BRP production? I applied through a solicitor 1 May, had my biometric appointment 26 Aug, decision 1 Sept and have now been waiting a month for my BRP to even be sent out! They still advised 7-10 business days in their approval letter. Need to urgently travel at the end of the month (and will have been 6 months since I applied). Thanks!
Hi,
not sure if other people have reported not receiving BRP with in standard time, also check since you have applied through solicitor it might have gone to them but if you have not received you can write to them on the link provided below, your solicitor should know this as it is mentioned in approval email

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 am

jamd12 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 pm
@jamd12 and @luluokis29
Could you both please update the LR timeline thread with your application details? Just to feed into my statistics spreadsheet for Set LR applicants, if nothing else? :D

@luluokis29
Is there anything that at least you consider to be complicated/questionable about your case? If not, you're almost at the service standard threshold, so you could start preparing an escalation and/or contacting your MP from 4/10/20 onwards.

@jamd12
yeah, if the pattern holds true, July applicants should be hearing soon (within the next 2 weeks, if not sooner) but who knows!

@poper
I went for the in-person biometrics appointment too and my thinking was that it is worth investing the 80 odd quid for the sake of peace of mind if nothing else, rather than faffing about with the IDV app. Not to mention it's not that bad considering I would have ended up paying that anyway if the IDV app wasn't a thing (since the enhanced service centre worked out cheaper overall after accounting for travel etc.).

@CULLINAN
While it may be true that certain routes have an average turn around time of 180 days, I wouldn't necessarily call a 100-110 day average quick, especially when those of us who would have forked out the extra monies for priority or super-priority services have had that option taken away from us (though I understand that even that is not guaranteed and depends on your specific circumstances). So you can imagine why a lot of us feel quite disgruntled by the lack of transparency combined with being forced to have our hands tied and at the mercy of however UKVI choose to process our applications :(
Have updated the LR timeline thread with my details! Thank you for doing a statistic spreadsheet!! :D
Thank you for updating! :D Both yourself and @Luluokis29. My pleasure! Sadly, I do enjoy stats and data "interpretation". Besides, need something to keep me going and look forward to/follow rather than just waiting in the dark!
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:06 am

Good morning everyone!

I've applied - April 1 ( from tier 2 - 5 years route to ILR)

IDV Invite and submission - September 4
In person biometrics appointment - September 25
Dual submission

Today - October 1 is the 6 month since my applicaton.

Should i write my MP first or the Home Office?
Or should I write both at the same time?
Or should call them first?

Thank you in advance for your response.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:06 am
Good morning everyone!

Dual submission

I Will say do all of the above at the same time and you are bound to get a response hope this helps.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:27 am

Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:06 am
Good morning everyone!

Dual submission

You should actually take one step a time. Contact HO first. If they do not answer in 1 week, contact your MP then. Maybe just contacting HO will solve the problem.

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi All,

My Visa has been approved on 28th and I'm waiting for the BRP card now. I've moved to a new city and I want my BRP to redirect to my new address. I spoke to TNT team and they've recorded my new address for the consignment, told me that it will take 14 days more for redelivery.

I'm not sure if I need to update my new address in HO address change page too? And I'm not sure if TNT team will wait for HO instructions about my change in address before they attempt for redelivery.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm

I have a question. If HO (UKVI) is sending BRP card, will they send it to Solicitor or to applicant's address (if ILR application is made through solicitor). If they send to solicitor, will the packet (envelope) be addressed to solicitor or will it be addressed to applicant's name.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:17 pm

gyanp wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm
I have a question. If HO (UKVI) is sending BRP card, will they send it to Solicitor or to applicant's address (if ILR application is made through solicitor). If they send to solicitor, will the packet (envelope) be addressed to solicitor or will it be addressed to applicant's name.
If the solicitor is filling in your application, it's their address that is usually filled in as the "Correspondence Address" so ALL UKVI correspondence will go to them if that is the case, including BRP. Unless the solicitor has put your address as the correspondence address. So best to check with them as to what they have actually done.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:20 pm

rk90470 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi All,

My Visa has been approved on 28th and I'm waiting for the BRP card now. I've moved to a new city and I want my BRP to redirect to my new address. I spoke to TNT team and they've recorded my new address for the consignment, told me that it will take 14 days more for redelivery.

I'm not sure if I need to update my new address in HO address change page too? And I'm not sure if TNT team will wait for HO instructions about my change in address before they attempt for redelivery.
It is always best practice to keep a contact at your old address if possible.

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Experts. I have received my BRP with ILR mentioned on it. I have noticed the following:
  • ILR BRP came with new number.
  • I checked my new BRP record on gov.uk and its showing record does not match.
  • My previous BRP information is still showing on gov.uk with right dates.
Also, I received an email from home office today that my BRP will be delivered through Fedex and I will receive it in the next 2-3 working days. They also mentioned a tracking number. And guess what, 1 hour after the email, I have received my BRP through normal mail.

Appreciate if @Cullinan and other experts provide their view on my findings.

Stay safe, Ahmed

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 pm

ahmed32111 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:58 pm
Hi Experts. I have received my BRP with ILR mentioned on it. I have noticed the following:
Also, I received an email from home office today that my BRP will be delivered through Fedex and I will receive it in the next 2-3 working days. They also mentioned a tracking number. And guess what, 1 hour after the email, I have received my BRP through normal mail.

Stay safe, Ahmed
Your findings just confirm the omnishambles UKVI is in and this is consistent with what other members have been observing for a long time. Nothing much to add really.

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks Cullinan. Yes, I've informed the new tenant about my BRP delivery. But the issue is once I had a call with TNT team, I've received a mail immediately (within a min) saying that the attempt to delivery your BRP is failed as no one is available at home.

I'm not sure if they'll try to attempt delivery again to the same address or they'll try deliver to my new address, so I have a doubt if I need update my address at HO address change portal for this.

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:20 pm
rk90470 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi All,

It is always best practice to keep a contact at your old address if possible.

madhusudana6
Newly Registered
India

Post by madhusudana6 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi Members,

Application: ILR SET(M)
Date Applied: 20 Jun
IDV Submitted: 28 Aug
In Person Biometric: 26 Sep
Visa Granted Confirmation: 01 Oct
Waiting for BRP

Many Thanks to moderator and all members. Your responses have been invaluable.

Good Luck to all those who are waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:37 pm

ahmed32111 wrote:

Stay safe, Ahmed
ILR BRP always has a new number. As long you have the new ILR BRP, ignore the status on the gov website. Sometimes, it takes days to update.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:41 pm

rk90470 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan. Yes, I've informed the new tenant about my BRP delivery. But the issue is once I had a call with TNT team, I've received a mail immediately (within a min) saying that the attempt to delivery your BRP is failed as no one is available at home.

I'm not sure if they'll try to attempt delivery again to the same address or they'll try deliver to my new address, so I have a doubt if I need update my address at HO address change portal for this.
You will have to call and check with TNT. Changing the address with UKVI at this point will not help you. Its best to get your ILR BRP delivered at your old address but I am not sure how its working these days. Not sure if they require a sign or just post in the letter box. Note replacing a BRP could be a troublesome process for you so be proactive in contacting TNT and the tenant at your old address before its lost.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Dear all,

Is there anything else than waiting to get an update after submitting selfie and passport photos over IDV app at this stage please?

thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 pm

berege wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 pm
Dear all,

Is there anything else than waiting to get an update after submitting selfie and passport photos over IDV app at this stage please?

thank you
No.. you can have some coffee and relax though 😀

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 pm
berege wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:49 pm
Dear all,

thank you
No.. you can have some coffee and relax though 😀
That's what I thought as well. No need to pester my solicitors then. Thanks Cullinan.

ahmed32111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed32111 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:37 pm
ahmed32111 wrote:

Stay safe, Ahmed
ILR BRP always has a new number. As long you have the new ILR BRP, ignore the status on the gov website. Sometimes, it takes days to update.
Thanks Cullinan. So it is now safe to cut my old BRP and send it back to the HO? Appreciate your advise.