ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding P46 Form

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrukh

Regarding P46 Form

Post by farrukh » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Hello All
I am working for a company for 2 years now. I was student before and was working partime here and there. And I was never given a P45 there. So, now I am on a tax code BR for 2 years consequently paying more tax than i shuld be. I taled to my employer about it and they gave me a P46 form to fill out. But last year I got one more consulting job as well whch im doing along with my current job. Over there my tax code is BR as well. So, in P46 form which box should I tick as I got three options:

A - This is my first job since last 6 April and I have not been recieving taxable jobseeker's allowance or taxable incapacty benefit or a state or occupational pension.

B - This is my only job, but since last 6 April I have had another job, or have recieved taxable jobseeker's allowance or incapacity benefit. I do not recieve a state or occupational pension.

C - I have another job or recieve a state or occupational persion.

I hope some one can help me with this matter.
Thank you very much and looking forward to your replies.

bye

Markie

Re: Regarding P46 Form

Post by Markie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi,

are you working in two jobs (I mean the consulting and your job in the other company)? If yes then you need to tick box C. If in any case you are in doubt, best recourse is to talk to your finance/acounting group or better yet talk to the tax man himself (HMRC).

It's a pain if you're paying far higher tax amounts than you should be!!

farrukh wrote:Hello All
I am working for a company for 2 years now. I was student before and was working partime here and there. And I was never given a P45 there. So, now I am on a tax code BR for 2 years consequently paying more tax than i shuld be. I taled to my employer about it and they gave me a P46 form to fill out. But last year I got one more consulting job as well whch im doing along with my current job. Over there my tax code is BR as well. So, in P46 form which box should I tick as I got three options:

A - This is my first job since last 6 April and I have not been recieving taxable jobseeker's allowance or taxable incapacty benefit or a state or occupational pension.

B - This is my only job, but since last 6 April I have had another job, or have recieved taxable jobseeker's allowance or incapacity benefit. I do not recieve a state or occupational pension.

C - I have another job or recieve a state or occupational persion.

I hope some one can help me with this matter.
Thank you very much and looking forward to your replies.

bye