ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reply from HO/ complaint letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

reply from HO/ complaint letter

Post by SwiftKey » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:01 am

hello everyone! good day..
i just want to know if this is a confirmation that i was successfully granted the British citizenship.

i submitted an application nearly six months ago.
i sent a letter to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk to query on why is it that it has been nearly six months and i still havent been invited to use the IDV app or been invited to in-person submission of biometrics.
it was a relief for me this month, that after waiting 5 1/2 months, i was finally invited to use the IDV app.
This was the HO's reply today. September 28, 2020.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Mr. xncnckdjfncnd

Thank you for your email correspondence of 2 September where you have raised a complaint regarding your citizenship application.

I am unable to uphold your complaint.

Looking at this case, it seems some of our correspondence may have crossed and I can advise you that your application was granted on 9 September.

Regarding your citizenship ceremony, I can advise you that we are currently working with Local Authorities throughout the UK and with overseas diplomatic posts as they begin to resume Citizenship Ceremonies, but service has not yet returned to normal due to continuing adherence to Government advice on social distancing which is subject to some local and International variance.

If you have received an invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony, please contact your local authority office to book an appointment. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation. Your Local Authority will confirm the ceremonies available.

If you have received confirmation that your application for citizenship has been successful but have not yet received a citizenship ceremony invitation, please be assured that a citizenship ceremony invitation will be issued to you by post within the next 8 to 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation.

We will keep ceremony deadlines under constant review. Please be assured that no adverse decisions will be made on your application because of delays caused by Coronavirus (unless there is a material change in your circumstances, for example, you are convicted of a criminal offence).

Please do not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation as they will not have your certificate to conduct your ceremony before this.

During this time UKVI are receiving a high volume of enquires that may take longer than usual for a reply. Please do not contact Visas and Citizenship department to request your ceremony be held in another location based on ceremony date availability as such requests cannot be accommodated and will be declined.

I hope my response clarifies the position.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: reply from HO/ complaint letter

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 am

Congratulations. It seems granted!

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:17 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 am
Congratulations. It seems granted!
really? you think so? i feel so relieved now. thank you.

are they gonna send the approval through email or through by post? Because it is already September 29 today and according to this email, it was granted on Sept 9 and I haven't received any news from. them yet.

John32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John32 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello
Could you please tell me how to make complain letter
And what is email address please
Because I applied for BC since July 2019 until now I didn’t get answer from home office
Thanks

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm

John32 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:37 pm
Hello
Could you please tell me how to make complain letter
And what is email address please
Because I applied for BC since July 2019 until now I didn’t get answer from home office
Thanks
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

your case is over a year now. you should talk to your MP or send an email to your MP.
because waiting for more than a year for naturalization application is not normal.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Congratulations @OP, the email talked about 'granted' and discussing about you attending citizenship ceremony. Once again, congratulations are in order.

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Congratulations @OP, the email talked about 'granted' and discussing about you attending citizenship ceremony. Once again, congratulations are in order.
Thank you for the re-assurance.😊
I really thought my application was buried/forgotten as it took me nearly 6 months just to submit my biometrics. But from the looks of it, they might had an interim decision long before I submitted my biometrics.

pimlicollb31
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by pimlicollb31 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 pm

You made a complaint while you the 6 months period didn’t even end? You are lucky you got approved, it’s not advisable to start complaint procedure before the time is up as British Citizenship is a privilege not a right.

SwiftKey
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by SwiftKey » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:36 am

pimlicollb31 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 pm
You made a complaint while you the 6 months period didn’t even end? You are lucky you got approved, it’s not advisable to start complaint procedure before the time is up as British Citizenship is a privilege not a right.
in my letter that i sent to them.. i specifically told them I was not asking for a faster decision/outcome. My complaint was about my biometrics appointment.. waiting 5 1/2 months just to book for an appointment is not within the normal time frame isn't? i think i have read somewhere, that you need your biometrics taken within an alloted time, within 45 days if im not mistaken.