ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights related query!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU Treaty Rights related query!!

Post by Chapli » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:15 am

Hello. Hope you are all doing well.
I need information regarding eu treaty rights. My wife is a British National and i am here on eu treaty rights and have temporary residence card. The problem is that right now my wife is not working because she is pregnant. My question is that do i have to tell eu treaty rights department about my wife pregnancy and that she is not working right now?? Or will there be any problem for me to get permanent residence card because she is not working and my temporary residence card will expire on march 2021 and they said they will give final decision before the expiry date of my temperance residence card. What should i do in this situation?

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: EU Treaty Rights related query!!

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am

"Warning:

If you have a change in circumstances while your application is being processed, for example:

- If you change your personal details (your name etc.)

- If your contact details change (your address or representative etc.)

- If there is a change in other circumstances (your EEA national family member leaves Ireland
etc.)

you must inform EU Treaty Rights Division office immediately and provide any relevant supporting documentation."

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am

You should inform them in writing.

I don't understand "she is not working because she is pregnant". Why would she not be working? If she is on maternity leave that is protected leave and does not affect treaty rights, as long as she returns to work at the end of maternity leave. But if she just gave up work because she's pregnant, she is not exercising rights and you do not have any basis for residence.

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:52 pm

UK245 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am
You should inform them in writing.

I don't understand "she is not working because she is pregnant". Why would she not be working? If she is on maternity leave that is protected leave and does not affect treaty rights, as long as she returns to work at the end of maternity leave. But if she just gave up work because she's pregnant, she is not exercising rights and you do not have any basis for residence.

Thankyou for the information.
She got one part time job 10 hours per week. She will start from next week i will defienietly inform the eu treaty rights department about her new job. And my question is 10 hour per week is enough to exercise eu treaty rights or she would need more then 10 hours per week for me to get permanent residence card??
Regards

LauraDa
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by LauraDa » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:01 pm

@UK245

Perhaps she is not working due to her pregnancy, or she is unable to due to complications, or coronavirus high risk etc.

I was offered to stay home while pregnant as I was working in the high risk environment.

@Chapli I would Inform them of your wife’s job and the 10H she is working, I would also include that your wife is pregnant, get a letter from GP confirming it for example. :)

UK245
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by UK245 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 am

LauraDa wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:01 pm
@UK245

Perhaps she is not working due to her pregnancy, or she is unable to due to complications, or coronavirus high risk etc.

I was offered to stay home while pregnant as I was working in the high risk environment.

@Chapli I would Inform them of your wife’s job and the 10H she is working, I would also include that your wife is pregnant, get a letter from GP confirming it for example. :)
Then you would still be employed, so not the same thing

Chapli
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chapli » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:17 pm

My wife started her new job after 2 months of unemployment and i have sent her contract of employment to eutreatyrights@justice.ie on this email to update the status but they haven't replied yet. Should I also send her contract of employment by post??