ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Apologies in advance if this is a numptie question, is a case worker able to look at documents that we upload at the UKVCAS site even before the biometrics. Some posts suggest they are as they just wait for biometrics afterwards and arrive at a decision straight away in some cases but then what does UKVCAS mean when they say they submit all uploaded documents with biometrics within 24 hours after biometrics appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:56 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:51 pm
Apologies in advance if this is a numptie question, is a case worker able to look at documents that we upload at the UKVCAS site even before the biometrics. Some posts suggest they are as they just wait for biometrics afterwards and arrive at a decision straight away in some cases but then what does UKVCAS mean when they say they submit all uploaded documents with biometrics within 24 hours after biometrics appointment.
New Submit option/feature was launched on 10th July. Apparently the documents are passed to UKVI even before biometrics and some kind of interim processing may start, if someone uses this feature.

Once you submit your biometrics via IDV/UKVCAS, your biometrics or (biometrics + docs for someone who did not use the above feature) are submitted to UKVI within 24 hours..

Note for readers: IDV is no more except T4.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm

gag285 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:51 pm
When you upload documents and you submit them via UKVCAS before bio, they are visible and seen by UKVI. You can obviously delete or add documents during the appointment. After the appointment, UKVCAS submit everything along with biometrics to UKVI within 24 hours which is the final submission, nothing is allowed to be added after that unless a CW asks you for further docs separately.
Last edited by Ameline on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

You can obviously delete or add documents during the appointment.
You can not delete any self-submitted documents to UKVI even at the appointment. However, you can add more at the appointment yes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm
You can not delete any self-submitted documents to UKVI. However, you can add more at the appointment yes.
Yes sorry you can add and not delete via IDV but in-person they are able to delete if the scan is not clear ... I was thinking?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
You can not delete any self-submitted documents to UKVI. However, you can add more at the appointment yes.
Yes sorry you can add and not delete via IDV but in-person they are able to delete if the scan is not clear ... I was thinking?
No. I think UKVCAS have no control once the docs are self-submitted to UKVI. They can add more documents though.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm
Well....,..... It is wonderful news ILR approved at 9:28am this morning (30mins after the call) and I am still shaking. Finally free. I would say my case was complicated, earlier student visa breach, court cases and all but I give God glory it's finished!!!!! Thanks @cullinan😍... You are a prophet! I remember you saying I should hear by this week... I wish I can give you a big hug!!!! Thanks to all the gurus and experts... I love you all .....now on to the naturalisation forum...
Congrats !!! Happy for you Luluokis
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:21 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Congratulations.
It is surprising they use phone to confirm travel history :D
Luluokis29 wrote:
Well....,..... It is wonderful news ILR approved at 9:28am this morning (30mins after the call) and I am still shaking. Finally free. I would say my case was complicated, earlier student visa breach, court cases and all but I give God glory it's finished!!!!! Thanks @cullinan😍... You are a prophet! I remember you saying I should hear by this week... I wish I can give you a big hug!!!! Thanks to all the gurus and experts... I love you all .....now on to the naturalisation forum...
With home office, expect the unexpected!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:10 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
No. I think UKVCAS have no control once the docs are self-submitted to UKVI. They can add more documents though.
Thank you for the information you two. I have one document pending i.e. the consent form as the solicitor won't use the one I downloaded and signed before application submission (I know that's plain stupid on their part). Its ready back to them now but I do need to put them under pressure to upload it today. Time for an HR call

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:21 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Congratulations.
It is surprising they use phone to confirm travel history :D
Luluokis29 wrote:
With home office, expect the unexpected!
Terrifying lmao :lol:

Congrats on your well deserved ILR!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:40 pm

@gag285
the consent form as the solicitor won't use the one I downloaded and signed before application submission
(I know that's plain stupid on their part).
It can be downloaded anytime as it’s available online but should be signed for on/after date of application or anytime before biometrics date.

evgeniya007
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evgeniya007 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi All,

Today is my ‘Second Christmas’🎄🎊

For statistics

Application Type: ILR SET(M)
Date Applied: 26 July
IDV Submitted: 31 August
In Person Biometrics: 24 September
ILR Granted Confirmation: 02 October
Current Status: Awaiting BRP

Many thanks to everyone for keeping this forum alive and for all your support.

I wish all the very best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:47 pm

evgeniya007 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Hi All,

For statistics

Congrats! See you in the BC forum!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:49 pm

evgeniya007 wrote:
Hi All,

For statistics

Congratulations!! You made me laugh :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing and your wishes

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:40 pm
@gag285
the consent form as the solicitor won't use the one I downloaded and signed before application submission
(I know that's plain stupid on their part).
It can be downloaded anytime as it’s available online but should be signed for on/after date of application or anytime before biometrics date.
Aah so they were right when they said we can only use the one after submission. Sorry for trying to be a smart Alec

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Here's my timeline
indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... l#p1943803
All the best to everyone still waiting...
You will celebrate soon💯

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm

evgeniya007 wrote:
Hi All,

For statistics

Congratulations and many thanks for sharing your time line. From what I have observed I think approval for most Set(M)s especially those with dual biometriv submission are following the in person biometric submission date/week rather than the application date. Most Set(M) approvals I've seen this week are for those who had physical appointments last week. I may be wrong but it looks like a trend is forming.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:49 pm

Dekedaba wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm

From what I have observed I think approval for most Set(M)s especially those with dual biometriv submission are following the in person biometric submission date/week rather than the application date. Most Set(M) approvals I've seen this week are for those who had physical appointments last week. I may be wrong but it looks like a trend is forming.
I think they are following both date of submission and biometric submission date. You are a June applicant with bio submitted this week. You should hear from them next week. Best of luck!

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:49 pm
Dekedaba wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm

From what I have observed I think approval for most Set(M)s especially those with dual biometriv submission are following the in person biometric submission date/week rather than the application date. Most Set(M) approvals I've seen this week are for those who had physical appointments last week. I may be wrong but it looks like a trend is forming.
I think they are following both date of submission and biometric submission date. You are a June applicant with bio submitted this week. You should hear from them next week. Best of luck!
Fingers crossed. Thanks, I wish you all the very best too.

slint
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by slint » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Set (O), Tier 2 General
Decision Letter Received: 2/9/2020 (positive)

I still haven't received my BRP Card. Anyone else in that situation?

After 10 working days I filled the Home Office form to flag non-reception of the card, but I haven't heard from them after 10 more working days (despite saying they would reply in 5 days).

The main issue is that my current BRP card is expired and my HR department is asking for the formal proof of my right to work.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm

slint wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:47 pm
Set (O), Tier 2 General
Decision Letter Received: 2/9/2020 (positive)

I still haven't received my BRP Card. Anyone else in that situation?

After 10 working days I filled the Home Office form to flag non-reception of the card, but I haven't heard from them after 10 more working days (despite saying they would reply in 5 days).

The main issue is that my current BRP card is expired and my HR department is asking for the formal proof of my right to work.
Provide your employer with your UAN. They will be able to carry out an ECS check.

redballoon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by redballoon » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi, has anyone successfully used the IDV app and used their BRP as the travel document type? I saw a few people say they used it but then also went for in person appointments.

The IDV app has the following options under 'Select Travel Document Type':

Passport

Home office travel documents (cert of travel)

Visa residence vignette (FMOP Cert of Entitlement & BRP issued)

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 am
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 am
MKC wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:40 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:27 pm
Congratulations to all people receiving approvals, my brain is now thinking something is wrong with my SET (M) application, hopefully before outright rejection UKVI will ask for additional documents if required :idea:
I am feeling the same way as I saw some May/June applicants receiving decisions. I hope they will contact us if rejection is on the table.
Same - also waiting (applied August 4th so not nearly as long as some others!). Going back and forth between deep worry vs. feeling alright, sometimes several times a day lol. Sometimes it seems like they've gone back to date order after approving tons of August/September applications. But then you hear from someone who is *still* waiting from March-May COVID backlog so... who can tell. But I am glad to know there are other Set(M)s waiting with me. We'll get through it! :D

For what it's worth, we haven't seen anyone post about a Set(M) rejection yet, right? :shock:
Totally understand how you feel. Keep positive!

Just to correct what you have mentioned, there were no single SET(M) September application reported as approved in this forum. I agree for late Aug applicants (the luckiest!). And yes I agree they seem to have gone back to date order now.

Re: Rejection, no SET(M) posted rejection. They would ask for additional documents rather than rejecting the application.

Best of luck! :D
No rejection sounds promising! Thanks for the information.
It is good to hear from other SET-M applicants and not feeling alone! Hope all of us will get it over soon.
I applied on the 14th of May and submitted IDV on the 25th of August. I finally did my biometrics today at Southampton centre. There is nothing more I can do. I will set my alarm for the 14th of November (end of 6 months) and forget about my application. I think it is the only way I can get through this :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:22 pm

@hw620

I just submitted my Tier 2 application on 2nd Oct and it is hard to get a free appointment on UKVCAS.
May I ask if there is a requirement for how soon I should get an appointment date after my visa application?

Thank you, Cullian. I will change to ILR page but may I ask where to see Futher actions page? I only have an email saying what to do next--which is to book appointment with UKVCAS.
Login your UKVI account. You will see the “further actions page”, Step 7.

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi all

I just submitted my Tier 2 visa application. May I ask if you need to submit employer offer or not? There is requirement on my check list. But I saw someone on the forum saying it needs employer offer/contract.

Did you all pay for the UKVCAS appointment or how you got the free appointment?

thanks for your information.