ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM 6 Months Payslips Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLRM 6 Months Payslips Please Help

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Dear all,
We are under a lot of pressure as we are trying to put together my wife's extension application. But we are literally stuck. Her visa runs out on 1 November 2020. Hence we put together both of our 6 month payslips to prove when combined we exceed the 18,600 threshold.

Could you please help us if we are using correct payslips which correlate with bank payment in our account are as below:

30 April
30 May
30 June
30 July
30 August
30 September

all these payslips can be seen as paid into our accounts and the have BACS stated on them. The thing is on other forums people comment that I must include 30 march payslip too which I can't comprehend being under pressure at the moment.

Could you guys please help? Much appreciate it indeed!

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM 6 Months Payslips Please Help

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:12 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:44 pm
Dear all,
We are under a lot of pressure as we are trying to put together my wife's extension application. But we are literally stuck. Her visa runs out on 1 November 2020. Hence we put together both of our 6 month payslips to prove when combined we exceed the 18,600 threshold.

Could you please help us if we are using correct payslips which correlate with bank payment in our account are as below:

30 April
30 May
30 June
30 July
30 August
30 September

all these payslips can be seen as paid into our accounts and the have BACS stated on them. The thing is on other forums people comment that I must include 30 march payslip too which I can't comprehend being under pressure at the moment.

Could you guys please help? Much appreciate it indeed!

Thanks!
As per my own frame of reference, wherever if someone is getting paid monthly under a pattern, where his/her wages for the present month will be paid next month, then I will always be disposed to supply an additional payslip for the 7th month (if the wages hasn't been dropped severally) as in belt and braces.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:36 pm

[/quote]
As per my own frame of reference, wherever if someone is getting paid monthly under a pattern, where his/her wages for the present month will be paid next month, then I will always be disposed to supply an additional payslip for the 7th month (if the wages hasn't been dropped severally) as in belt and braces.
[/quote]

I really took shine to how you word your response! And I am thankful!

Let me ask this way,
30 April payslip > paid into bank account on the 4th of May
similarly all subsequent payslips are paid a few days after the payslip date. All of them are dated the last day of each month.
---
30 September payslip is paid into bank account on the 2 d of October.

According to my calculation the last six months salaries and payslips are covered. Is there something am I missing due to being under pressure?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:53 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:36 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:12 pm
extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:36 pm
I really took shine to how you word your response! And I am thankful!

Let me ask this way,
30 April payslip > paid into bank account on the 4th of May
similarly all subsequent payslips are paid a few days after the payslip date. All of them are dated the last day of each month.
---
30 September payslip is paid into bank account on the 2 d of October.

According to my calculation the last six months salaries and payslips are covered. Is there something am I missing due to being under pressure?
The way you have been getting paid is perfectly customary as the payslips are mostly prepared earlier than the actual payday. Apart of this, simply make sure to apply when you have got everything in possession to comply with the 28 days rule.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 pm

Dear Seagull,

Are we good to go with the aforementioned payslips? Do the cover the last 6 months period as indicated in the government guidance?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:26 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 pm
Dear Seagull,

Are we good to go with the aforementioned payslips? Do the cover the last 6 months period as indicated in the government guidance?
Seems satisfactory but as per your very first post where you have professed to combine your wages with partner, then whose these dates of payslips are? Because, unless you both are working at same place, these cant be identical.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Dear Seagul,
Yes we both work at the same restaurant and paydays and payslips are identical. What worried earlier is that in another forum people said exactly the following:

"If the latest payslip you are using is September, and it’s dated September 30th, then the 6 months you need to cover are:
March 31st to September 30th
Which means that the first payslip you send much explicitly cover March 31st 2020.
Therefore the payslips you MUST send are:
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
And the bank statements will need to cover the deposit of the March payslip all the way through to the September payslip.If you cannot explicitly cover those full 6 months (7 payslips and bank statements), the visa can be refused. We have seen people refused for being 1 day short of the full 6 or 12 months in the past."

But according to my calculations April- May - June - July - Aug - Sept payslips cover the last six months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:45 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:37 pm
Dear Seagul,
Yes we both work at the same restaurant and paydays and payslips are identical. What worried earlier is that in another forum people said exactly the following:

"If the latest payslip you are using is September, and it’s dated September 30th, then the 6 months you need to cover are:
March 31st to September 30th
Which means that the first payslip you send much explicitly cover March 31st 2020.
Therefore the payslips you MUST send are:
March
April
May
June
July
Aug
Sept
And the bank statements will need to cover the deposit of the March payslip all the way through to the September payslip.If you cannot explicitly cover those full 6 months (7 payslips and bank statements), the visa can be refused. We have seen people refused for being 1 day short of the full 6 or 12 months in the past."

But according to my calculations April- May - June - July - Aug - Sept payslips cover the last six months.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... =&ad=&rec=

See the above calculator. That is why from the very outset I recommended to supply an extra payslips (march) to avert the possibility of any miscalculations.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Dear Seagul. Thanks for further clarification.
The thing is back in March the lockdown started and all restaurant were closed on the 11th of March. At the end of that month were were not, everything was unclear and they paid in cash. Actually until April both me and my wife were paid in cash but payslips show BACS I have just noticed.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Actually until April both me and my wife were paid in cash but payslips show BACS I have just noticed.
That might open more wormholes because the whole cash must have been deposited into to the bank account for its acceptability. However, fortunately, there has been a temporary concession in place about which you can read at below:
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 August, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 August 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Are you saying that for each of those payslips, the actual pay dates are in the following month? So for the 30th September payslip, the payment went in to the bank account in October?

If the minimum amounts are met, the April - September payslips should be fine. The application should be made no later than 28 days from the date of the last payslip or the period it covers.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:47 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 pm
extensiontime wrote:
Actually until April both me and my wife were paid in cash but payslips show BACS I have just noticed.
That might open more wormholes because the whole cash must have been deposited into to the bank account for its acceptability.
I might be mistaken but it appears the OP is saying that the cash payment was for the March payment, not April.

Perhaps they can clarify.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:47 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 pm
extensiontime wrote:
That might open more wormholes because the whole cash must have been deposited into to the bank account for its acceptability.
I might be mistaken but it appears the OP is saying that the cash payment was for the March payment, not April.

Perhaps they can clarify.
Very valid point.
Also the lockdown was imposed from around 23rd March which means the payslip for the march must have been generated.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:02 pm

Dear friends, your insights comments and responses are greatly appreciated!
We are indeed issued payslips on the 30th or the last day of each month and the payment of salary is made a few days later in the next month. Let me clarify the March payslip and payment method: Both me and my wife have our payslips for March dated: 30 march 2020. But the payment is made in cash. Restaurants were closed and there was no business at all. perhaps my employer should write and confirm this themselves so the caseworker can understand the situation.

yet I am still at my wits end why do we have to provide March payslip since APRIL-MAY-JUNE-JULY-AUG-SEP payslips and bank payments generate 6 months already:(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:06 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:02 pm
yet I am still at my wits end why do we have to provide March payslip since APRIL-MAY-JUNE-JULY-AUG-SEP payslips and bank payments generate 6 months already:(
Your april to september payslips are perfectly fine and cover the 6 months, for which I have presented for you the calculator as above. The only purpose for attaching the extra payslip was to avoid any miscalculation but only in case where if you have that payslip and have earned sufficiently otherwise with the above payslips, you are good to go.
Last edited by seagul on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 pm

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:10 pm

Also
Korekt wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 pm
If the minimum amounts are met, the April - September payslips should be fine. The application should be made no later than 28 days from the date of the last payslip or the period it covers.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:16 pm

And the employer letters for both of you dated within 28 days will also be needed.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:31 pm

Dear Korekt and Seagul. Heartfelt thanks indeed!
Could you also advise if we are getting you right and doing the right thing. We will add the following documents:
- 6 payslips which correlate with the bank payments: 30 April(paid 4 May 2020) - May - June - July - Aug - 30 September(paid 2 October 2020). No employer letter explaining March payment made in cash since I am not including march payslip.

Another important question I have is that, when filling out the application form online, there is a question when we enter financial details about each of us:

"Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
I tick YES here, since we have been employed by the same restaurant. Then the next question is:
"What do they earn?"
If I tick:
"The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount" the next page asks me to provide:
"Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application"
But if I tick:
"The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount" the next page asks me to provide:
"Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application"

Am I reading the above statement incorrectly under pressure or it is not clearly worded. It's a badly-worded question, because it doesn't seem to cater for the situation where you have to combine incomes. Which option do you think we should tick?:(

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 am

extensiontime wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:31 pm
Dear Korekt and Seagul. Heartfelt thanks indeed!
Could you also advise if we are getting you right and doing the right thing. We will add the following documents:
- 6 payslips which correlate with the bank payments: 30 April(paid 4 May 2020) - May - June - July - Aug - 30 September(paid 2 October 2020). No employer letter explaining March payment made in cash since I am not including march payslip.
That's correct.

Another important question I have is that, when filling out the application form online, there is a question when we enter financial details about each of us:

"Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
I tick YES here, since we have been employed by the same restaurant.
Correct
Then the next question is:
"What do they earn?"
If I tick:
"The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount" the next page asks me to provide:
"Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application"
But if I tick:
"The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount" the next page asks me to provide:
"Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application"

Am I reading the above statement incorrectly under pressure or it is not clearly worded. It's a badly-worded question, because it doesn't seem to cater for the situation where you have to combine incomes. Which option do you think we should tick?:(
If the requirements are met, do not select 'below the financial requirement amount', it could cause problems.

As you're combining incomes, it would be a good idea to include a cover showing how the financial requirement is met.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Thanks so much Korekt!
"Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks" what exactly are these and where can i find consent form or letter to do so? Who should the undersigned persons be? There is no clear guidance on government website:(

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Thanks so much Korekt!
"Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks" what exactly are these and where can i find consent form or letter to do so? Who should the undersigned persons be? There is no clear guidance on government website:(
These I believe would be made available for you to download on submitting the application.

One of the forms need to be signed by the partner (sponsor).

Another one requires the applicant to sign part 1, a joint owner to sign part 2, and a 3rd party sponsor to sign part 3. Most applicants mark part 3 as 'not applicable'.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:07 pm
extensiontime wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Thanks so much Korekt!
These I believe would be made available for you to download on submitting the application.

One of the forms need to be signed by the partner (sponsor).

Another one requires the applicant to sign part 1, a joint owner to sign part 2, and a 3rd party sponsor to sign part 3. Most applicants mark part 3 as 'not applicable'.
Thanks a million Korekt!
"a joint owner to sign part 2" refers to me I reckon.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:08 pm

extensiontime wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 pm
Thanks a million Korekt!
"a joint owner to sign part 2" refers to me I reckon.
In most cases, yes.

If you are submitting any document with joint names, you should sign it.

extensiontime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extensiontime » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:38 am

Dear Korekt and Seagull. thank you all for your help. We are applying tonight online. I have one last question for you. On the form when it asks annual gross income , should we enter pre-furlough figures? I think it must be the original salary which is pre-furlough isnt it?