ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:09 pm
And ukvi didn’t ask anyone to submit ftf appointment, two applicants (who applied via app) got response that ukvi doesn’t have the bio
Possibly they are in the queue to be called for biometrics again. Maybe their IDV biometrics did not pass the first stage of clearance and put on hold. Yes, going for an appointment is more of a fool proof idea. IDV is the past now anyways. But this does not mean that every one who submitted via IDV should start booking appointments. Not everyone is that unlucky to be that rarest one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 pm
Skeleton wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:09 pm
And ukvi didn’t ask anyone to submit ftf appointment, two applicants (who applied via app) got response that ukvi doesn’t have the bio
Possibly they are in the queue to be called for biometrics again. Maybe their IDV biometrics did not pass the first stage of clearance and put on hold. Yes, going for an appointment is more of a fool proof idea. IDV is the past now anyways. But this does not mean that every one who submitted via IDV should start booking appointments. Not everyone is that unlucky to be that rarest one.

Yes. True.

We have seen here many having decision via just app

jasonbourne2004
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasonbourne2004 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi All,

I've just submitted my wife's first extension and looking for an appointment at the centre now, can someone confirm the following;

1) How long does the scanning take, do they have machine that quickly scans them all or is it a slow process of page by page taking an hour to scan 60-80 pages and passport pages too?

2) What days are the appointment times releasing for booking, is it daily I need to check or do they release times every weekly i.e Mondays

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Whizart wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:59 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm
Well....,..... It is wonderful news ILR approved at 9:28am this morning (30mins after the call) and I am still shaking. Finally free. I would say my case was complicated, earlier student visa breach, court cases and all but I give God glory it's finished!!!!! Thanks @cullinan😍... You are a prophet! I remember you saying I should hear by this week... I wish I can give you a big hug!!!! Thanks to all the gurus and experts... I love you all .....now on to the naturalisation forum...
Just saw your post @Luluokis29
Congratulations mate! It must be a big relief for you after waiting for that 6 long months. Happy for you and Good luck for your naturalisation.
I applied for Set (LR) in May and still waiting. Hopefully I get my decision soon. Fingers crossed.
You sure will....and very soon too. All the best mate🥳🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:56 pm

jasonbourne2004 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 pm
Hi All,

I've just submitted my wife's first extension and looking for an appointment at the centre now, can someone confirm the following;

1) How long does the scanning take, do they have machine that quickly scans them all or is it a slow process of page by page taking an hour to scan 60-80 pages and passport pages too?

2) What days are the appointment times releasing for booking, is it daily I need to check or do they release times every weekly i.e Mondays
1) Why dont you want to scan all documents and organise them yourself? Its best to scan and upload yourself. However, if you wish, you will have to buy scanning service at the time when you book your appointment. You will spend more time at the centre also. Yes they have bigger scanners which does the job quicker than a normal scanner (they had it at the london premium lounge but can not vouch for all centres).

2) Can you not view any appointments? You should be able to view appointments for next 4 weeks. Note, free appointments are eaten up quickly so you will have to look for paid otherwise. Also, check different postcodes to search for different centres. Sometimes, the centre closest to you may not have any availability showing up depending on your location.

If you check the system now, it should show you availability till 2nd November. Just after 12 midnight today, it should show you availability up to 3rd Nov (1 day more).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Dear Moderators, Members,
I've received the ILR BRPs of my dependents recently. Do I need to cut and return their OLD BRPs to the Biometric Product Returns address mentioned below? The below note was mentioned in my ILR approval email but it wasn't mentioned in the ILR approval email of my dependents. Please let me know.

If you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid.
The BRP card should be cut in half and posted (in a windowless plain envelope) to Biometric Product Returns, IFB,5th floor Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. You may have to pay a penalty of up to £1,000 if you fail to return an invalid BRP..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:47 pm

ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Dear Moderators, Members,
I've received the ILR BRPs of my dependents recently. Do I need to cut and return their OLD BRPs to the Biometric Product Returns address mentioned below? The below note was mentioned in my ILR approval email but it wasn't mentioned in the ILR approval email of my dependents. Please let me know.

If you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid.
The BRP card should be cut in half and posted (in a windowless plain envelope) to Biometric Product Returns, IFB,5th floor Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. You may have to pay a penalty of up to £1,000 if you fail to return an invalid BRP..
Yes.

Mr laptop
United Kingdom

Post by Mr laptop » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Alhamdulillah
Today ( Almost exactly after 6 months, date of application 06/04/2020) I received an email from HOME OFFICE ATLAS that my ILR application for TIER 1 Entrepreneur has been successful. I have updated my timeline on the relevant thread. My team partner also received email at the same time. I am still waiting for outcome of my dependant as she applied separately 10 days after me.
Every single day while waiting for a decision is painful
I wish best of luck to all those specially March and April applicants waiting for a successful decision.
I would like to thank Zimba, CR001 and Cullilun for their priceless help and support

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Congrats MR. Laptop!!

Mr laptop
United Kingdom

Post by Mr laptop » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Congrats MR. Laptop!!
Thanks mate @CULLINAN
I did dual submission and looks like it worked for me and I will update once I receive my BRP
Its my honest wish that dual submission also work for you as well and you get your successful outcome of Naturalisation application
keep doing a great job of helping people

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:43 pm

Mr laptop wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Congrats MR. Laptop!!
Thanks mate @CULLINAN
I did dual submission and looks like it worked for me and I will update once I receive my BRP
Its my honest wish that dual submission also work for you as well and you get your successful outcome of Naturalisation application
keep doing a great job of helping people
Fingers crossed. Thank you for your kind wishes.

QSDanik
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by QSDanik » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:44 pm

QSDanik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:46 pm
QSDanik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:28 pm
Still waiting for decision
ILR (Set O) rout 5 year Tier 1 Enterprises
Applied on 28 April 2020
Used IDV app on 28 August 2020
No any response from UKVI

I have not seen any TIer 1 Enterprenure for ILR , is there any idea how long it gona take ?
thankyou
regards
QSDanik
GOOD NEWS
Recived email for successfull application today sunday at 15:00

VISA APPROVED Almost after one 5 week of IDV APP USE
NO face to face biometeric appointment.
Overall time almost 5 month from application submited. Tier 1 enterprenure 5 year route.
Thanks GOD , i think its quick for me as I was expecting it gona be more late.

Thankyou to all seniors, Zimba, Marcnath, CR001 and Cullinan and all other who were helping me in my applciations.
Now will be preparing for my citizenship and dependents Tier 1 visa.
Thankyou
QSDanik

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Congrats @QSDanik!!

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Post by migrant_uk » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:21 pm

I intially applied for Tier 2 extension on 25-08-2020 and submitted details through IDV app on 06-09-2020. I got a sense for the forum that IDV app decisions are being made considerably slower so today (04-10-2020) submitted in-person biometrics. I was lucky to get an appoinment for today while looking on Friday night (had to travel a bit though). Hope double submission would help a qucik decision so I can start preparing for my ILR application.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:43 am

It is quite concerning that some people on twitter reported UKVI have not receive their biometrics, a few escalated with UKVI and UKVI responded by saying they will make a decision once they receive biometrics from UKVCAS, who are saying they send information within 24hrs.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:13 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:43 am
It is quite concerning that some people on twitter reported UKVI have not receive their biometrics, a few escalated with UKVI and UKVI responded by saying they will make a decision once they receive biometrics from UKVCAS, who are saying they send information within 24hrs.
This is really worrying!

How did people know that UKVI did not receive their biometrics from UKVCAS?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am

Ameline wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:13 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
This is really worrying!

I did ask UKVCAS on twitter that have they sent my biometrics to UKVI or not and they replied with yes. I would suggest to DM them with your UAN number and ask for the submission.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 am

Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
This is really worrying!

They escalated their case with UKVI and their response was that they are awaiting biometrics and then will make a decision, it is just sad

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:28 am

klownking wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am
Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
This is really worrying!

I did ask UKVCAS on twitter that have they sent my biometrics to UKVI or not and they replied with yes. I would suggest to DM them with your UAN number and ask for the submission.
I did that already the week after my in person biometrics appointment and the responded saying everything has been submitted

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:31 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:28 am
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
This is really worrying!

I did that already the week after my in person biometrics appointment and the responded saying everything has been submitted
Same! I asked UKVCAS on Twitter, gave them my UAN, and someone responded within *10 minutes* saying yes of course they'd sent my biometrics.

My case is really straightforward so now I am wondering 1) either something has gone very wrong and I will be refused for some little documentation error or something, or else 2) UKVI actually has not received my biometrics.

debrancherenzym can you link the tweets? How long did these people wait before getting in touch with UKVI to ask about whether the biometrics had been received or not?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:33 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
This is really worrying!

It is hard to believe UKVCAS these days. Is there a way to contact UKVI on twitter? I could not find anything.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:31 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:

This is really worrying!

I did that already the week after my in-person biometrics appointment and the responded saying everything has been submitted
Same! I asked UKVCAS on Twitter, gave them my UAN, and someone responded within *10 minutes* saying yes of course they'd sent my biometrics.

My case is really straightforward so now I am wondering 1) either something has gone very wrong and I will be refused for some little documentation error or something, or else 2) UKVI actually has not received my biometrics.

debrancherenzym can you link the tweets? How long did these people wait before getting in touch with UKVI to ask about whether the biometrics had been received or not?
I don't think so a little documentation issue would lead to rejection. They might ask for more details if the case is straightforward. It is just UKVI being UKVI.
Last edited by klownking on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
klownking wrote:
Ameline wrote:

This is really worrying!

I cannot link the tweets as that is not allowed, but there are a couple of people in that situation and looking back at the trend, I think there is a pattern developing, where UKVCAS are saying they have passed information and UKVI saying they are awaiting receival.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:40 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am
kittycatkeeb wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
klownking wrote:

I cannot link the tweets as that is not allowed, but there are a couple of people in that situation and looking back at the trend, I think there is a pattern developing, where UKVCAS are saying they have passed information and UKVI saying they are awaiting receival.
Oh I didn't realise! My apologies. I'll go have a look. But yeah that is super worrying. :cry: It just sucks because we're supposed to submit our application and then wait. But it's clear that there is incompetence at *all* levels and some people have to do half the bureaucracy work themselves to move their application along!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 am

Is the incompetence regarding non-submission of biometrics to UKVI applicable only for IDV submissions?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.