ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS app issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chives
Newly Registered
Australia

UKVCAS app issue

Post by Chives » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi
I was submitting my documents for a FLR(M) today when, after needing to log back in after the app timed out, I've unintentionally submitted an incomplete application when trying to select the 'documents' option to continue upload, which was not reacting. The two options are quite closely located to one another. The app tells me if I need to submit additional documents, UKVI will contact me directly. It still allows me to upload documents but as far as I can tell they aren't being forwarded along with my submitted application.

I very much will need to submit additional documents as I was only halfway through the process of doing so. Does anyone have any thoughts on if this will adversely affect my application or will they just get in contact and let me know I'm missing things as the app suggests (and which I'm sceptical of)?

Is it worth calling the UKVI helpline?
I've submitted a complaint on the UKVCAS website as it's fairly lacking from a user experience viewpoint and my experience was a laggy one. I had issues with it recognising I was in the correct country to download the app to begin with despite being on a UK service provider, in UK. Even going through a VPN located in the UK was unsuccessful. My wife's phone was about to download it immediately. The app did not ask for any confirmation before it was submitted, despite the title of the screen being 'review and submit'.

Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: UKVCAS app issue

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:06 pm

That's rather unfortunate.

You can consider booking a UKVCAS appointment to save the situation.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:39 pm

You can also contact UKVCAS as they have suggested if you encounter issues using the app.

They have stated that they send all supporting information to UKVI within 24 hours. They may be able to proffer a solution.

Chives
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Chives » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks for the reply.

As an update I called UKVCAS first thing this morning and they told me the data is immediately sent to UKVI and there was no way to modify anything and to call UKVI. Had a couple of goes throughout the day trying to navigate the phone menus to actually speak to someone without luck. I can only hope they get in touch with me for further information before any decision is made.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:43 pm

They will likely contact you.

Might be worth still trying to still reach them on the phone or even better if you get an email address to write to.