ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krish814
Newly Registered

Tier 1 applied on july 8th

Post by krish814 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Tier1_Queries wrote:hi john :D

I think there are some members in this forum who still waiting for their documents and have applied in the same timeline as you..

So keep the faith mate..

uktier1234 wrote:Hello forum,

I have been a silent observer for few months now. this forum has helped me a lot to understand and see the current processing times.

i am little bit worried and confused now as seems like i am one of the few people here on the forum who have been waiting for almost 12weeks now. i applied on 14th June from UK and still waiting. I have tried to call HO CC few times and all the time they give the same answer " Still under consideration and no decision has been made yet". is this normal?? did sent an email last week as well and havent heard anything back.

my case is straight forward with UK employer and Degree. wht can be the issue (if there is one, i cant think of any). can it be the case that its just lying around somewhere in HO and nobody is bothered to do anything about it. seems very strange that people who applied around the end of july and begining of Aug are getting visa faster then people who applied in June. whts the logic??

Any comments & suggestions please.

Regards

john :)
Applied on July 8th
Ref no allocated on 15 th July

called up HO on 4 th september. Answer it is with CW no status on that and My case is allocated to CW only on sep 1.

Thambi

Re: Update as on Saturday - 06th September

Post by Thambi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:30 am

Update is Still waiting - Applied > 1st of July.

It would be great if applicant mention whether the application is for individual or submitted along with spouse and kids. I am not sure if thats an additional complexity in you application as that might require additional checks.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:30 am

hey
pls update as soon as anyone get any updates.

thanks

friend_333

CAN ANYONE HELP ME AS HOW TO GO FOR AN URGENT TREATMENT ?

Post by friend_333 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:02 am

Hi

Can anyone share with format for writing urgent treatment letter ?

Thanks

shashank2361

Applied on 14th July

Post by shashank2361 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:40 am

HI
I applied on 14 July for WP ->Tier 1 General. I called the home office today,They told that my case was assigned to CW only on last week.

Regards
Shashank

ssw
Newly Registered

posted on 12th July

Post by ssw » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 am

Hi all

I am waiting for my Tier 1 aswell, below are the dates of my application

Posted : 12th July
Money Deducted : 14th July
Reference Date: 14th July
Reference Letter received : 18th July

Called Home office: Today(8th Sept)
They have mentioned that they are currently processing applications received on 18th July, so they said that my my application might be in process. No update on individual will be given.

Hoping for the best

bgmdude

Re: posted on 12th July

Post by bgmdude » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Could someone let me know fax number to send urgent treatment request? I am trying on, 01142074000 is this correct?

riteshinlondon
Newly Registered

Re: posted on 12th July

Post by riteshinlondon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:31 pm

bgmdude wrote:Could someone let me know fax number to send urgent treatment request? I am trying on, 01142074000 is this correct?
Hi bgmdude,

the fax number to send the UTR is Fax 0114 207 5862 /64..

Dont worry, i am sure your application have a positive outcome...

all the best!

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi All,
Finally my wait is over. Here is my time line.
Application: HSMP extension referring JR (Was meeting all Tier 1 criteria)
Visa Applied: 2 July 2008
Visa Expired: 13 July 2008
Visa Approved: 22 August 2008
Visa till: 22 August 2011
Documents received: 8 September 2008
Passport says: Tier 1 (General) Migrant
No Urgent treatment sent. No dependent.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Congrats brother,

u applied at the same time as me and good to hear that response is coming slow and steady. i am still waiting.......... i have complete faith in god and am sure he will listen to my prayers soon.

So ur case approved on 11/08 and u recieved on 08/09. There is still some delay in approval and stamping/dispatch!!

party time for u :)
Usav wrote:Thanks justice. Valid till is Aug 11(may be 2011 ;)). Nopes, mine was a single visa. And no UTR.
justice122 wrote:Congrats usav,

whts your approval/visa valid till date mate? just trying to figure out the timelines and did u apply with dependants or without??

Regards

justice
Usav wrote:Hi Friends,
Firstly thanks to all the contributors of this forum. I have been observing the posts in this Forum and I must accept that it has played a key role in my appilacition whether it be the idea of having covering letters in my application & their formats or of current processing times.

I have received my Tier 1 Visa last Saturday. Following are the timelines.

Type: WP to Tier 1
Sent application by Royal mail: 20-Jun-08
Application received by HO/ Payment deducted: 24-Jun-08
Reference letter received: 24-Jun-08
Sent a letter clarifying a small typo in earnings calculations: after 1 month
Have been waiting ever since.
Called the CC in August. Response was "We do not provide status updates for such applications"
Called CC on Friday 5th September 08. Response "Still under Consideration"
Received my Visa on the IMMEDIATE NEXT DAY. September 6th.
The stamp on my visa shows a date of September 2
Thank you,
- Usav

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 am

hey guys
to my surprise i woke up and checked on royal mail website with the special del return ref and it says its out for del. so i shud be rec my friends passports back today. luckily i m home today so will recieve and update the status when i rec docs

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:15 am

vipul1981 wrote:hey guys
to my surprise i woke up and checked on royal mail website with the special del return ref and it says its out for del. so i shud be rec my friends passports back today. luckily i m home today so will recieve and update the status when i rec docs
Vipul,

When did u apply? Could u please post ur dates? This is amazing...!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:48 am

applied on 6/08. i m bit worried now. why it has arrived so early. we did send an UT request with a confirmed non refundable copy of ticket for work travel.

but i m not sure if its normal to arrive this early

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am

hurray. visa approved

Applied on 06/08
WP- Tier 1
Letter dated 5/08
Stamped 05/08
Recd 09/09

Sent a UT on 15/08 with confirmed ticket.

Thanks to everyone

riteshinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by riteshinlondon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 pm

hi Vipul1981,

thats great news...

can u help me with giving me any format if there is for the UT that u sent and what did u mention, did the employer wrote on yr friends behalf .... or it was from yr side... in the letter. as i am in the same situation, have to travel for work by this end of month..

can u drop me an email on ritesh_m@hotmail.com[
thanks buddy

quote="vipul1981"]hurray. visa approved

Applied on 06/08
WP- Tier 1
Letter dated 5/08
Stamped 05/08
Recd 09/09

Thanks to everyone[/quote]

riteshinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by riteshinlondon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:52 pm

vipul1981 wrote:hurray. visa approved

Applied on 06/08
WP- Tier 1
Letter dated 5/08
Stamped 05/08
Recd 09/09

Thanks to everyone

annay
Newly Registered

applying for HSMP renewal

Post by annay » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi all ,

I have been granted approval of HSMP in 2006 and thereafter i got the FLR in dec 2006 under new rules.

Now i have to apply for renewal,.....can anyone pls suggest me as of what I have to submit inorder to apply for renewal of the visa. As new rules are implemented i am bit confused as for what site i have to follow.

I don't have IELTS score ..should i write for one even though my Bach & Master's are in english medium instruction.

Your guidelines are highly appreciated.

Thans in Advance

Thambi

Re: applying for HSMP renewal

Post by Thambi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Today first time I tried calling the HO, luckily I got thru in 30 seconds (option-1/1). A nice lady picked and asked when I applied and then my Ref No, DateOfBirth, Full name and said they have sent a letter yesterday stating I need to send the recent photo's for my dependants. I asked for the status if it is approved, she said I can't tell that (they r not supposed to reveal it).

I hope its a positive news.
Applied - 1st July.

Guys pls send the latest photos , the one I sent was same as in last year Visa so it was about 8 to 9 months old.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Thambi
ur applic is approved. thats why they want ur latest foto to endorse on the passport.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Guys to give u an update................

I just called HO today after may be 10days. I Got the same answer i was expecting......"still under consideration" :( . I asked the CC politely to see if he can call the case worker and see how far is my case as its been a while?? he did put me on hold for 2-3 minutes and said "yeah they are still working on it and he cant say how long it will be". i am not sure if he really spoke to the CW or not. i Did send an email to HO 7 days ago and havent heard anything back as yet.

I applied in the 2nd week of June and its coming up to 3 months now. I have no clue in the world how long will it be before i will get my passport back.

GOD please help me.

Guys! any suggestions??

Regards

Grant :)

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:59 pm

grant1 wrote:Guys to give u an update................

I just called HO today after may be 10days. I Got the same answer i was expecting......"still under consideration" :( . I asked the CC politely to see if he can call the case worker and see how far is my case as its been a while?? he did put me on hold for 2-3 minutes and said "yeah they are still working on it and he cant say how long it will be". i am not sure if he really spoke to the CW or not. i Did send an email to HO 7 days ago and havent heard anything back as yet.

I applied in the 2nd week of June and its coming up to 3 months now. I have no clue in the world how long will it be before i will get my passport back.

GOD please help me.

Guys! any suggestions??

Regards

Grant1,

Have u applied for any urgent treatment? It's really pathetic, guys who applied in end of July and August are getting their passports and the one who applied in June are not. Any ways, let's keep faith, hope we should be getting it soon.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 pm

No i havent. I really dont know why the applications sent in recond half of june that its taking sooo long?? and people who applied in July last week and begining of august are getting there doc's back.

clearly .......... everything is been picked up at random.

God help us
bgmdude wrote:
grant1 wrote:Guys to give u an update................

GOD please help me.

Guys! any suggestions??

Regards

Grant1,

Have u applied for any urgent treatment? It's really pathetic, guys who applied in end of July and August are getting their passports and the one who applied in June are not. Any ways, let's keep faith, hope we should be getting it soon.

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Clearly there is no use of having HO CC .......................is it??

Because the only reply you ever get is "STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION".

I am loosing patience as have just completed 3 months but still keeping the Faith.

:)

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:17 pm

uktier1234 and grant

my suggestion to u both is to sebd email to Ho regularly. my personal experience says they do reply to emails.

try that and good luck

bgmdude

Post by bgmdude » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:18 pm

uktier1234 wrote:Clearly there is no use of having HO CC .......................is it??

Because the only reply you ever get is "STILL UNDER CONSIDERATION".

I am loosing patience as have just completed 3 months but still keeping the Faith.

:)
I am totally frustrated now. More over I have booked non refundable tickets to India this month end. I never thought I may in such a pathetic situation. Niether I can get prepared for my journey nor I can postpone my journey. I have requested UT but not sure if they will consider. Any ideas how can I get through?