ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 2 dependent ILR route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolz4242
Newly Registered
India

PBS Tier 2 dependent ILR route

Post by coolz4242 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 am

Hi,

Apologies if I am posting this query in wrong group. Actually my wife is planing to apply for ILR (currently she is on Tier 2 PBS dependent Visa and meets other requirements) however I am eligible for Naturalization and planing to submit my application in next few days. I could not see this as an issue i.e. if my Naturalization application is awaiting decision and we apply for her ILR during this period. Could you please help me in understanding if this would cause any issue?
Thanks

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: PBS Tier 2 dependent ILR route

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:18 am

No problem. She need to fill your current details only (current nationality & ILR status)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 pm

As long you got your ILR via Tier 2 (not LR), your wife can apply for ILR as a PBS dependent once she completes 5 years minus 28 days from the initial visa issue date on SET(O). You applying for naturalisation is not relevant.

Note: Once you are British AND she gets ILR, she can apply for British Citizenship right away without waiting 12 months on her ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

coolz4242
Newly Registered
India

Post by coolz4242 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Thank you very much CULLINAN and Rambo_ILR.

coolz4242
Newly Registered
India

Post by coolz4242 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:09 am

Hi,
This is reg COHAB docs requirements for my wife's ILR, I appreciate if if you could please help me in clarifying below queries.

I have collated the documents for last 2.5 years with 3-4 months gap, however I realized that I may have to rely on documents from more than 6 sources, they could be from 8 or 9 different sources. Please advise if this would be okay? I read in other posts that 'cohabitation evidence is required on both of your names from 3 to 6 different sources'.
Also, I was not sure about PART-3 declaration which was probably not applicable in our case (since I am holding ILR and my wife is applying for ILR via PBS dependant) but she has mentioned in the form (and submitted it online that she will provide the 'sponsor' (i.e. my) declaration and and are we planing to attach other supporting docs (e.g. my payslips and bank statements) just in case. Hope this will not cause any trouble.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:41 am

Cohabitation documents are enough from 3/4 sources evenly spread during last 2 years i.e. 3/4 months.

Part 3 is to be signed if you support your wife financially.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.