ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just to double check...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Passport send off

Post by meggo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the incredibly basic question but I'm a bit confused around how the document upload works and when I actually send off my passport. I've been eligible since the start of this year, but held off on submitting when Covid hit (should have had my ducks in a row and done the super premium in Feb but oh well). My current visa doesn't expire until Jan 2021.

My understanding is that super premium (or even premium) aren't an option with the centres closed at the moment. If I have to submit via the standard route - when do I actually have to send off my passport? I have a holiday booked in October and am not quite sure how I scan documents and then send off my passport.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport send off

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:39 pm

No originals are sent to UKVI. Everything is uploaded digitally.

Note that once you apply and submit your online application, you cannot travel out if the UK as your application could be considered withdrawn and you lose your fees.

I suggest apply when you return from holiday.

Note that the UKCVAS centres are a third party agent for biomterics and identity check only. The super priority and priority service is not a UKCVAS service. It is a UKVI/Home Office service for a quicker decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response. I thought you uploaded stuff digitally but then I also thought I had to send in my passport. Didn't realise the point around not travelling. Thanks very much.

Regarding your distinction for UKVI - my understanding is that those premium appointments were still paused? Have applied for so many visas - don't know why I'm getting muddled on the final hurdle - ILR!
Last edited by meggo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:42 pm

meggo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 pm
Hi all,

I'm sorry for the incredibly basic question but I'm a bit confused around how the document upload works and when I actually send off my passport. I've been eligible since the start of this year, but held off on submitting when Covid hit (should have had my ducks in a row and done the super premium in Feb but oh well). My current visa doesn't expire until Jan 2021.

My understanding is that super premium (or even premium) aren't an option with the centres closed at the moment. If I have to submit via the standard route - when do I actually have to send off my passport? I have a holiday booked in October and am not quite sure how I scan documents and then send off my passport.

Thanks!
The date of application is the date you pay and submit your application via UKVI.
Then you create an account and upload documents on UKVCAS including your passport scan.
Then you go to the appointment where documents are verified and sent off to UKVI. They will return your originals.

Note: You can NOT travel after the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date is irrelevant.

If you have to travel in Oct, best to apply later on when you are back in UK since your visa is valid till later. You must apply before visa expiry though.

P.S Beaten again by CR001 😔
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Beaten but that is still really helpful Cullinan as I was also getting a bit muddled between what UKVI does and UKVCAS.

If I submit in October, it means I may not be able to travel at Christmas, but with Covid - who knows what is possible!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm

meggo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:41 pm
Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response. I thought you uploaded stuff digitally but then I also thought I had to send in my passport. Didn't realise the point around not travelling. Thanks very much.

Regarding your distinction for UKVI - my understanding is that those premium appointments were still paused? Have applied for so many visas - don't know why I'm getting muddled on the final hurdle - ILR!
For now yes, there is no super-priority service. Not sure when it will be resumed by UKVI.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:50 pm

meggo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm
Beaten but that is still really helpful Cullinan as I was also getting a bit muddled between what UKVI does and UKVCAS.

If I submit in October, it means I may not be able to travel at Christmas, but with Covid - who knows what is possible!
Yes if by October, super-priority does not resume & you apply via standard route, it may take up to 6 months. More or less, no one knows about the timeline for now. Best only to apply when you know you are not travelling for good few months. Must apply before expiry i.e Jan 2021 though.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Yep - it's incredibly frustrating that the wait that is that long and that you have to pay your way out of not having to wait (which isn't an option for many), even when it's on offer. Hopefully it reopens by then. Thanks again for your help - it's helped me get the process sorted in my head.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Just to double check...

Post by meggo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm

For ILR Set (O) - my bank statements and payslip are to be within 30 days prior to my date of application (Sept 4) and not the date of my biometric appointment (this Friday)? In other words, my August bank statement and August payslip are the appropriate docs, and not any September documents?

Started to finalise the upload last night and had a panic that I should have Sept docs instead.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Just to double check...

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:36 pm

meggo wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:58 pm
For ILR Set (O) - my bank statements and payslip are to be within 30 days prior to my date of application (Sept 4) and not the date of my biometric appointment (this Friday)? In other words, my August bank statement and August payslip are the appropriate docs, and not any September documents?

Started to finalise the upload last night and had a panic that I should have Sept docs instead.
Yes, date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date if your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Just to double check...

Post by meggo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks CR001 - thought I was probably being crazy but then thought it worth double checking. Very much appreciated!