ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 1 Dependant - Appying for early extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Tier 1 Dependant - Appying for early extension

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm

maricentr wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 pm
maricentr wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm

In that case you will have to get it stamped I am afraid.
Hi. That's the the thing, the bank is in overseas (in the Philippines) :(
Try a letter of authority where your trustworthy person can visit the branch on your behalf. Or check as whether the bank has any overseas branch or at least a subsidiary in UK.
Hi! Just an update.
Fortunately I was able to contact my overseas bank and they have provided me with electronic copies of my bank statement with transactions printed up until dated September 30, 2020 so I decided to finalize the submission of the extension application.

Online application submitted: 30 Sept 2020
IHS payment: 30 September
Biometrics Appointment via UKVCAS: 28 October 2020 @ Birmingham (New)
:)
I hope that your bank isn't on the following list of banks.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:00 pm
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi. That's the the thing, the bank is in overseas (in the Philippines) :(
Try a letter of authority where your trustworthy person can visit the branch on your behalf. Or check as whether the bank has any overseas branch or at least a subsidiary in UK.
Hi! Just an update.
Fortunately I was able to contact my overseas bank and they have provided me with electronic copies of my bank statement with transactions printed up until dated September 30, 2020 so I decided to finalize the submission of the extension application.

Hi! Good thing there is this list of financial institutions. My banks are listed in Table 10 :). Not to overwhelm or confuse but I have submitted 4 different accounts statements (2 foreign banks [3 accounts] + 1 Barclays account of my husband), if UKVI needs to compute the bank balance during the 90-day period I believe this will fully cover the maintenance funds required.

Also, we have used this foreign bank accounts in our previous visa applications so I really hope this would be given merit. :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:17 pm

maricentr wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:01 pm
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hi! Just an update.

Hi! Good thing there is this list of financial institutions. My banks are listed in Table 10 :). Not to overwhelm or confuse but I have submitted 4 different accounts statements (2 foreign banks [3 accounts] + 1 Barclays account of my husband), if UKVI needs to compute the bank balance during the 90-day period I believe this will fully cover the maintenance funds required.

Also, we have used this foreign bank accounts in our previous visa applications so I really hope this would be given merit. :) Don't know if merit but if there is need for checks it shows consistency or a track record that can be referred to and used in gauging stability.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:24 pm

maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hi! Just an update.

Also, we have used this foreign bank accounts in our previous visa applications so I really hope this would be given merit. :)

Not sure as how it had worked previously if the bank is in list. But ukvi will contact you if need some clarification.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:24 pm
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:

Hi! Just an update.

Not sure as how it had worked previously if the bank is in list. But ukvi will contact you if need some clarification.

Hello again. I just got an email a while ago from W & S Contingency Casework Document Return.
"As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status."

Need help in clarification, please. NOTE: current Leave will expire on 23 March 2020
1. Does this means our current leave is extended for 3 years already?
2. Can we travel out of UK anytime? The application extension is not considered withdrawn? And current BRP can be used upon entry back to UK.
3. Shall i cancel the biometrics appointment schedule on October 28, 2020?

This is a big news for us as there's plan for my husband to travel to Ph with my son (who is included in this extension aplication).

Thanks very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 am

1. Yes.

2. No you cannot travel out of the uk, the applications will be considered withdrawn if you do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 pm

maricentr wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

1. Does this means our current leave is extended for 3 years already?
Not for 3 years but until the date of decision.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm

23 March 2020?

1. No. It essentially means you won't be an overstayer if your current leave expires while your application is being considered.

2. As answered above.

3. No, do not cancel the appointment. You need to give biometrics for a decision to be made on the application.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Korekt wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm
23 March 2020?

1. No. It essentially means you won't be an overstayer if your current leave expires while your application is being considered. Got it.

2. As answered above.

3. No, do not cancel the appointment. You need to give biometrics for a decision to be made on the application. Alright, will push with biometrics appointment.
Thanks a lot!
Hi! Sorry for the confusion. Current leave will expire on MARCH 23, 2021.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:20 pm

maricentr wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Thanks a lot!
This seems a positive ECS which usually is valid for 6 months. Astonishingly, UKVI has now itself started offering this amenity which traditionally was transported through employer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:20 pm
maricentr wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 pm

Thanks a lot!
This seems a positive ECS which usually is valid for 6 months. Astonishingly, UKVI has now itself started offering this amenity which traditionally was transported through employer.
This is the VISA expiry date. The previous date the OP posted was incorrect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks CROO1. I was thinking that maybe that email from ukvi is confirming that, because coincidentally from Oct - Mar is exactly 6 months and the same period is usually allowed under ECS.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:49 pm

maricentr wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm
Thank you very much!

This is our visa application / immigration history.

Initial visa start & end: 29 Sept 2016 - 11 March 2018
Entered UK as dependant: 27 Oct 2016
Extension Application Submission Date: 13 Feb 2018
PBS Leave to Remain (currently holding): 24 March 2018 - 24 March 2021

Target 5 years to apply for ILR - October 2021, I hope i got that right. :)
Hi all!
Thought to share the delightful news, our visa extension for another 3 years has been APPROVED! :D

APPLICATION TIMELINE

Application Submitted on : 30 Sept 2020 (online)
IHS Payment on: 30 September 2020
Biometrics Enrolled on: 28 October 2020 at Birmingham (New) FREE
Decision of Application : APPROVED
Date of Decision : 06 November 2020
BRP Card Received : 12 November 2020
( although my son's new BRP was delivered just today, I am still waiting for my BRP. :shock: )

I still plan to apply for ILR on October 2021 (5 years in UK). Looking up ahead, since my husband has been granted citizenship by naturalization last May 2018 and if ever my planned application for ILR next year will be granted, can I immediately apply for naturalization?

As always, I am so thankful for all the inputs, tips and information that has been shared to me through this forum, without those I am quite sure I would have a hard time figuring out the visa application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:08 pm

maricentr wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:49 pm
maricentr wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm
Thank you very much!

This is our visa application / immigration history.

Initial visa start & end: 29 Sept 2016 - 11 March 2018
Entered UK as dependant: 27 Oct 2016
Extension Application Submission Date: 13 Feb 2018
PBS Leave to Remain (currently holding): 24 March 2018 - 24 March 2021

Target 5 years to apply for ILR - October 2021, I hope i got that right. :)
Hi all!
Thought to share the delightful news, our visa extension for another 3 years has been APPROVED! :D

APPLICATION TIMELINE

Application Submitted on : 30 Sept 2020 (online)
IHS Payment on: 30 September 2020
Biometrics Enrolled on: 28 October 2020 at Birmingham (New) FREE
Decision of Application : APPROVED
Date of Decision : 06 November 2020
BRP Card Received : 12 November 2020
( although my son's new BRP was delivered just today, I am still waiting for my BRP. :shock: )

I still plan to apply for ILR on October 2021 (5 years in UK). Looking up ahead, since my husband has been granted citizenship by naturalization last May 2018 and if ever my planned application for ILR next year will be granted, can I immediately apply for naturalization?

As always, I am so thankful for all the inputs, tips and information that has been shared to me through this forum, without those I am quite sure I would have a hard time figuring out the visa application.
Congratulations. Yes you can apply naturalization soon after of achieving your ILR. There is another section where you can ask about it when will be eligible and ready.