ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:19 am

poper wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:13 am
Is the incompetence regarding non-submission of biometrics to UKVI applicable only for IDV submissions?
So far I think it is only for the IDV app submission. I might be wrong but I think 90% of people who only submit the biometrics via the IDV app are waiting for the decision.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi People,

Is there any email address that we could use to send an email to request for an update on my application?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm

You can send an email to worksponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk this address. But, I hardly think so you will get any update as I am also waiting for an update from the last two weeks.

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi
I applied On UKVI site for ILR set (O) T2G on 18/09/20 and submitted documents and biometrics on 23/09/20 through IDV app. Not yet decided on enrolling for dual biometrics submission through UKVCAS in person appointment.
The status on my UKVI application page still shows that I have to complete the mandatory steps of sending signed consent form, documents and attend biometrics appointment through UKVCAS link. In my UKVCAS application page the status still shows that I can book in person appointment or use IDV app. The status in my IDV app however shows documents have been submitted to UKVI. The biometrics and liveness check page in app shows it’s been completed and submit button is no longer active. My question is has both my biometrics and documents been submitted to UKVI? Why has the UKVI application and UKVCAS site not been updated as stating that biometrics has been submitted? Is it normal for these applications to not be updated? In the absence of any confirmation of receipt of application from UKVI, I’m getting worried

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi
I applied On UKVI site for ILR set (O) T2G on 18/09/20 and submitted documents and biometrics on 23/09/20 through IDV app. Not yet decided on enrolling for dual biometrics submission through UKVCAS in person appointment.
The status on my UKVI application page still shows that I have to complete the mandatory steps of sending signed consent form, documents and attend biometrics appointment through UKVCAS link. In my UKVCAS application page the status still shows that I can book in person appointment or use IDV app. The status in my IDV app however shows documents have been submitted to UKVI. The biometrics and liveness check page in app shows it’s been completed and submit button is no longer active. My question is has both my biometrics and documents been submitted to UKVI? Why has the UKVI application and UKVCAS site not been updated as stating that biometrics has been submitted? Is it normal for these applications to not be updated? In the absence of any confirmation of receipt of application from UKVI, I’m getting worried
It is normal, they don't update the UKVI page. Same info is showing on my page as well. I have submitted my biometrics via IDV app as well.

Mcp788
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mcp788 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I will be reaching the 6 months mark by the end of the month and I read something about escalating . I hope to get a decision (SET M) before that but looking at how slowly things are moving for SET M , what is the process for escalating after 6 month? Do I just call uk immigration or escalate via MP? How does this work? Any advise please

Thanks
Priya

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Mcp788 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 pm
Hi all,

I will be reaching the 6 months mark by the end of the month and I read something about escalating . I hope to get a decision (SET M) before that but looking at how slowly things are moving for SET M , what is the process for escalating after 6 month? Do I just call uk immigration or escalate via MP? How does this work? Any advise please

Thanks
Priya
You will most likely get a decision on/before the 6 months mark. Hang in there. Stay positive.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ndn123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ndn123 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:46 pm
ndn123 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:33 pm
Good luck @ndn123. What date did you manage to secure an appointment? Free/paid?
I was able to book one for 1/10/20 at Chelmsford for £135.
Cool. Good luck.
Just an update but I heard via my solicitor this morning that my ILR has been approved. I only submitted my biometrics last Thursday after also doing the IDV app a week before. My application was originally submitted Sep.14 and I will update my timelines. I can't say for sure but I strongly believe that the in person biometrics is what led to such a quick decision. I wouldn't have even considered dual submission an option if it weren't for this forum so thank you all! Best of luck to everyone!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone on the forums who have waited more than 6 months since application submission and still not got a decision?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 pm
Hi,

Is there anyone on the forums who have waited more than 6 months since application submission and still not got a decision?
What is your visa category?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:50 pm
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

applied for a switch to a spouse from tier 2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:52 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:51 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

Are your 6 months over?

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:52 pm
Toxic wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

Is your 6 months over?
No I applied on 14th of April.
Thats why am asking if anyone had to wait for 6 months or over

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:53 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Toxic wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Is your 6 months over?
Fingers crossed. Wait till 13 Oct. You should hear soon. If not, then consider contacting UKVI first and then involving MP later on if it does not help. Some cases may take more than 6 months also. Its normal.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:54 pm
Toxic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:53 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Toxic wrote:

Is your 6 months over?
Fingers crossed. Wait till 13 Oct. You should hear soon. If not, then consider contacting UKVI first and then involving MP later on if it does not help. Some cases may take more than 6 months also. Its normal.
Yes will do.

I have my tenancy agreement finishing soon and want to move homes; thats why want to get the decision. Lets wait nd watch.

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by prjose » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi All,

My spouse's ilr was approved and timelines are in below link.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... l#p1944986

thanks to all for all the help

Hsrsham1211
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hsrsham1211 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm

klownking wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Hsrsham1211 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi
The status on my UKVI application page still shows that I have to complete the mandatory steps of sending signed consent form, documents and attend biometrics appointment through UKVCAS .My question is has both my biometrics and documents been submitted to UKVI? Why has the UKVI application and UKVCAS site not been updated as stating that biometrics has been submitted? Is it normal for these applications to not be updated? In the absence of any confirmation of receipt of application from UKVI, I’m getting worried
It is normal, they don't update the UKVI page. Same info is showing on my page as well. I have submitted my biometrics via IDV app as well.
Thanks, that’s a relief. Assume there is no indication on UKVCAS site as well that the biometrics has been submitted through IDV. It still shows the link to download IDV app or apply for an appointment for me.
Also why don’t UKVI just update? It would reduce the number of queries by half!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Surprisingly the UKVCAS account stays active even after a decision is made. I remember my account stayed active for good few months after decision also.

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 pm
Surprisingly the UKVCAS account stays active even after a decision is made. I remember my account stayed active for good few months after decision also.
It seems UKVI doesn't make UKVCAS aware of the decision. Also, they don't have any procedure to lock or close the account after submitting the application to UKVI.

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 pm

Mcp788 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Priya
If you only used the IDV app then there's no pattern. But if you did dual submission then UKVI are up for to the 26th of September for Set (M). I hope this helps.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:43 pm

Dekedaba wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 pm
Mcp788 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Priya
If you only used the IDV app then there's no pattern. But if you did dual submission then UKVI are up for to the 26th of September for Set (M). I hope this helps.
I did dual submission, 28th Aug IDV and 15th Sept in person, SET (M) application applied 22d June, I think there is still no pattern, unless they're working their way backwards maybe

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:16 pm

I have applied for my wife for FLR(M) on 7th july. provided biomrtric using app on 7th septemver. not update after that. have seen few August candidates even got approval.

can someone suggest please if should i wait or try to contact UKVI ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:17 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:16 pm
I have applied for my wife for FLR(M) on 7th july. provided biomrtric using app on 7th septemver. not update after that. have seen few August candidates even got approval.

You should wait patiently.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:17 pm
bhatti_pk wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:16 pm

You should wait patiently.
Isn't the FLR(M) timeline 8 weeks after the application is made? Unless it is 8 weeks from the biometrics.... I've heard both :?: :?: :?:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:26 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:19 pm
Isn't the FLR(M) timeline 8 weeks after the application is made? Unless it is 8 weeks from the biometrics.... I've heard both :?: :?: :?:
The service standard will only apply to complete applications. If your application is incomplete at the time you complete your appointment the caseworker will consider whether the case should be excluded from the service standard.
Plus its covid times, service standards can vary.