ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nabz12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Nabz12345 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:01 pm

I applied for pbs dep t1G visa on 13th July, biometrics submitted via idv app only on 1st Sep.
I made an enquiry on 24th Sep regarding my case and got a case ref from ukvi saying that they are going to update in 10 working days.
Today i receive this response, “ Thank you for your enquiry.

I am pleased to inform you that a decision has been made on your application and you will be notified as soon as possible; if you haven’t received it already. Unfortunately, there has been an IT error in producing your BRP card. I have notified the appropriate team and once the new BRP has been produced, please allow up to 10 days for delivery.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

I was thinking of doing a dual submission but held myself seeing few good comments on this forum.

Thanks all specially cullinan for help and much needed support!
Hope everyone get positive response soon(InshAllah)

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Is UKVI going to ask everyone who submitted via IDV to submit again by in-person appointment?

I submitted my Application on 11 Aug and Biometrics on 8th Sep via IDV and its going to be 8 weeks tomorrow and I have not heard anything from anyone. Any advice ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:28 pm

@Nabz12345

Congratulations!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:29 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:12 pm
Is UKVI going to ask everyone who submitted via IDV to submit again by in-person appointment?
Where is this coming from? Dont you see many applicants receiving decisions via IDV app submission also?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:29 pm
Where is this coming from? Dont you see many applicants receiving decisions via IDV app submission also?
Sorry for the confusion. But I read in some post that the IDV is delayed because there are some issues with the document submission. Hence wanted some clarification. I am basically grasping for any information I could get. Also, lately I have not seen anyone who got decision who submitted only via IDV.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:32 pm
Sorry for the confusion. But I read in some post that the IDV is delayed because there are some issues with the document submission. Hence wanted some clarification. I am basically grasping for any information I could get. Also, lately I have not seen anyone who got decision who submitted only via IDV.
Well just 1 post above your initial post is a successful IDV only decision and many more.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:29 pm
Where is this coming from? Don't you see many applicants receiving decisions via IDV app submission also?
@CULLINAN I agree with what you said. But the dual submission applicants are getting faster decisions to compare to the IDV app. There are not more than 10 applicants in this forum who got the decisions just with the IDV app. I know this forum represents only the fraction of the applicants but still, the IDV process is deadly slow. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 pm

@klownking

Might be true only for some applicants (earlier in lockdown) who have had interim decisions already made and dual submission pushed their biometrics quicker than IDV alone but not all.

There are plenty cases where dual submission has not worked either (including myself). So you really can not deduce what UKVI is up to.

Definitely IDV alone is working also. Maybe at a slower pace for applicants earlier in lockdown, but I think dual submission will most likely not pace up decisions for majority applicants who applied in Aug/Sep only. Plus no guarantee for a faster decision even for earlier applicants. Just a hit and trial approach.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Basically UKVI does not follow a “one size fits all” policy.

Dual submission may work quicker for some but not all. IDV app may work quicker for some but not all. But IDV app is working also.

In the end it all boils down to what HO thinks about your case and how many outstanding enquiries are to be made etc.

There is no fix pattern. Initially dual submissions seemed to work. But lately, this ratio has gone down.

Having said that, if earlier applicants who submitted via IDV app only want to try the “hit and trial approach” and test their luck via dual submission. Why not?.. Look for a free appointment if possible so you save some unnecessary money spent, given there is no guarantee it will work either.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:15 pm

Having said the above, I would agree that earlier applicants who went for IDV app only suffered more or waited longer. But then some who went for appointment alone/dual submissions waited longer too. Basically, we all are in together!! Hope everyone gets quicker decisions!! At least this forum has kept us all alive and informed!!

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:19 pm

EMAIL FROM HO
Thank you for your enquiry.

Sopra Centres were closed as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, but they are now re-opened and are slowly processing applications. For any further biometric information please refer to their website: www.soprasteria.co.uk

They will send an invite letter for biometrics in due course but be advised you can check the appointment system frequently to obtain an appointment. Further information on UKVACS can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas

However, I have also forwarded your enquiry to the relevant decision making team for consideration.

Again, sorry for the delay and inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Is there someone that received this e-mail after escalation? It does sound promising that they have my bios and forwarded to the relevant team for decision. Any idea would be appreciated.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 pm

enisozkan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:19 pm
EMAIL FROM HO
What was your enquiry?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:37 pm

I escalated my case to the HO as it has been more than 6 months

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi, Just an update on my application SET (LR) - May 15th Submission,
Received a worrying email today from the caseworker regarding my application (Copied Below) .

Sub: Information regarding your immigration application - Ref# UAN

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our
assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be
processed within the 6 month target.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we
require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application by 15 February 2021, but we
will write to you again if this is not going to be possible
."

My case is pretty straightforward to be honest. I am struggling to understand why have they emailed me almost after 5 months that the application raises "complex issues" I just have a feeling that the caseworker only picked up my application recently if not today and whatever checks he has to make will take him a couple of months or so. After waiting for 10years for this opportunity and another 5 months down since my application, I was looking forward to hear some good news but they don't fail to disappoint. (Silly Me).

This email has come directly from the case worker so this ain't no generic email I guess. 2 Years Ago they made me wait for a whole year to give a decision on my T1 Entrepreneur Visa Extension. UKVI has done it again!. Is anyone else in a similar situation ? If I don't receive a decision in 6 Months (15th Nov) shall I escalate the case via MP ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:46 pm

@Whizart

Were you on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and applied ILR on LR basis??

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:46 pm
@Whizart

Yes

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Cullian how you got any idea about e-mail from HO to me?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Whizart wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Whizart

Yes
Its not new for Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants going via LR route to come under more scrutiny. This is a complex route hence more checks. The Feb deadline is just a generic deadline CW has made to complete the checks and come back to you. Not necessarily it will take that long. Only you know what your business is like etc and what could have caused further checks, any discrepancies in the past etc.
Keep your hopes high and if you want to continue discussing your case specific delay please continue in your own topic. Good luck and I hope your decision comes soon.

gk777
United Kingdom

Post by gk777 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Whizart wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm
Hi, Just an update on my application SET (LR) - May 15th Submission,
Received a worrying email today from the caseworker regarding my application (Copied Below) .

Sub: Information regarding your immigration application - Ref# UAN

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our
assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be
processed within the 6 month target.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we
require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application by 15 February 2021, but we
will write to you again if this is not going to be possible
."

My case is pretty straightforward to be honest. I am struggling to understand why have they emailed me almost after 5 months that the application raises "complex issues" I just have a feeling that the caseworker only picked up my application recently if not today and whatever checks he has to make will take him a couple of months or so. After waiting for 10years for this opportunity and another 5 months down since my application, I was looking forward to hear some good news but they don't fail to disappoint. (Silly Me).

This email has come directly from the case worker so this ain't no generic email I guess. 2 Years Ago they made me wait for a whole year to give a decision on my T1 Entrepreneur Visa Extension. UKVI has done it again!. Is anyone else in a similar situation ? If I don't receive a decision in 6 Months (15th Nov) shall I escalate the case via MP ?
What different visa categories have you been in the 10 years? Also, was there any single absence of more than 180 days or total absence of more than 540 days?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:57 pm

enisozkan wrote:
EMAIL FROM HO

Sopra Centres were closed as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, but they are now re-opened and are slowly processing applications. For any further biometric information please refer to their website: www.soprasteria.co.uk

They will send an invite letter for biometrics in due course but be advised you can check the appointment system frequently to obtain an appointment. Further information on UKVACS can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas

However, I have also forwarded your enquiry to the relevant decision making team for consideration.

Is there someone that received this e-mail after escalation? It does sound promising that they have my bios and forwarded to the relevant team for decision. Any idea would be appreciated.
Which email this came from? Was it a generic email address? Seems like a generic email to me.

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:57 pm
enisozkan wrote:
EMAIL FROM HO

Which email this came from? Was it a generic email address? Seems like a generic email to me.

It is from VandCSheffield.Correspondence@homeoffice.gov.uk

The first two paraghraps also generic to me but this one

Is a bit special. They already have my bios and sent case to the the case worker. So it sounds promising to me?

Thanks for comments in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:15 pm

enisozkan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Is a bit special. They already have my bios and sent case to the the case worker. So it sounds promising to me?

I just double checked your last post. Since your 6 months are over, seems like HO gave a little nudge to the CW. Hopefully, you will hear soon. However, its up to the CW how quick he/she acts now or if the decision is ready to pass on. But they should take it on priority now.

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:15 pm
enisozkan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:05 pm

I just double checked your last post. Since your 6 months are over, seems like HO gave a little nudge to the CW. Hopefully, you will hear soon. However, its up to the CW how quick he/she acts now or if the decision is ready to pass on. But they should take it on priority now.

Thank you. I will let the forum know if something comes up soon!

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:54 pm
Whizart wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Whizart

Yes
Its not new for Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants going via LR route to come under more scrutiny. This is a complex route hence more checks. The Feb deadline is just a generic deadline CW has made to complete the checks and come back to you. Not necessarily it will take that long. Only you know what your business is like etc and what could have caused further checks, any discrepancies in the past etc.
Keep your hopes high and if you want to continue discussing your case specific delay please continue in your own topic. Good luck and I hope your decision comes soon.
Totally agree with you. And sorry, I'll create another topic and take any further discussion over there. But just to answer your question regarding the discrepancies in the past: No discrepancies past or present(Very clean record). Besides, My Business Partner applied SET (LR) 6 months before the lockdown via the same route who even exceeded the 540 days limit threshold (Applied on the grounds of compassionate reasons) received his decision within 4 months. Therefore I was baffled by their email. But anyway thanks again and I will update regarding any progress on my application as promised.

raziz15
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by raziz15 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:27 pm

Nabz12345 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:01 pm
I applied for pbs dep t1G visa on 13th July, biometrics submitted via idv app only on 1st Sep.
I made an enquiry on 24th Sep regarding my case and got a case ref from ukvi saying that they are going to update in 10 working days.
Today i receive this response, “ Thank you for your enquiry.

I am pleased to inform you that a decision has been made on your application and you will be notified as soon as possible; if you haven’t received it already. Unfortunately, there has been an IT error in producing your BRP card. I have notified the appropriate team and once the new BRP has been produced, please allow up to 10 days for delivery.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

I was thinking of doing a dual submission but held myself seeing few good comments on this forum.

Thanks all specially cullinan for help and much needed support!
Hope everyone get positive response soon(InshAllah)
Hi what medium did you use to get in touch? I have a similar timeline to yourself and was wondering if there is an email address I can email?