ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

permenant residence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutepearl

permenant residence

Post by cutepearl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:02 pm

I have a question if anyone can explain please..about permanent residence

If the EEA member gets the permenant residence after 5 years in the UK what is the situation of Non- EEA family member ? if they arent married for 5 years?
we are married for 3 years and my EEA family member will get the permanent residence soon. she is swedish.. will i get permament residence with her or i have to wait until my residence card expires in 2 years ??

Thanks...

Samyr

Post by Samyr » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:25 am

Hello cutepearl,

You do not qualify for permanent resident until your five years Residence Card expires.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:43 pm

thanks mate. so it means that if my EEA partener leave after she gets her permanent residence ... can i still retain the right of residence without a divorce or do we still have to divcorce??

thanks

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Samyr wrote:Hello cutepearl,

You do not qualify for permanent resident until your five years Residence Card expires.
Not exactly, you do not qualify until 5 years as a family member of EU citizen who exercises Treaty rights - i.e. 5 years since marriage (if married in UK), or 5 years since arriving in the country as a spouse of EU citizen. Residence card could have been issued much later. For example, currently it is taking 7-8 months to get a residence card.
Do not live your life in fear.