ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

whether family has to join immediately

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Soniraj
Newly Registered

whether family has to join immediately

Post by Soniraj » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:07 pm

I have received my approval for hsmp, i would like to know if my family needs to join me immediately, i feel it may be necessary for my spouse to stay behind to wind up several issues like selling of property etc, my spouse may be able to join me only after a year or so, i have claimed points in the spouse category but do not know if these were alloted as i would have got through even without spouse points

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:24 am

Absolutely not - your family can join you at any time during validity of your leave to remain. My family joined me only after I rented flat, registered for national insurance, doctor's etc etc. This way it is much less stressful, especially if you have children.

Soniraj
Newly Registered

Post by Soniraj » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:07 am

hsmphopeful wrote:Absolutely not - your family can join you at any time during validity of your leave to remain. My family joined me only after I rented flat, registered for national insurance, doctor's etc etc. This way it is much less stressful, especially if you have children.
Thanks for your reply, can you advise if I want to delay applying for EC beyond 3 months what are the implications Thanks

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:15 pm

You must apply for EC within 3 months - I don't think you can delay that. You may ask the EC officer to postdate your EC by up to 1 month but it will be at their discretion.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:12 pm

hsmphopeful wrote:You must apply for EC within 3 months - I don't think you can delay that. You may ask the EC officer to postdate your EC by up to 1 month but it will be at their discretion.
They can post date it up to 3 months
Last edited by f2k on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soniraj
Newly Registered

Post by Soniraj » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:49 am

f2k wrote:
hsmphopeful wrote:You must apply for EC within 3 months - I don't think you can delay that. You may ask the EC officer to postdate your EC by up to 1 month but it will be at their discretion.
They post date it up to 3 months
Thanks for your reply, I will be applying for EC from India, do you have any idea if they will postdate it, i understand some consulates dont do it

HSMPTopper
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPTopper » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:40 am

I have also obtained the approval.
App date: 13 july 2004. Ref: 0224**
I have my spouse and a 1.5 year old child.
I intend to take them alongwith me.
I have claimed 10 points for my spouse. She is in IT.
I am from South India.

F2k / Kayalami
kindly suggest me how much would be the appropriate amount as bank balance to show for the EC?
3 months for EC: Is it from the date of approval or from the date of me receiving the approval letter?

best regards
HSMP Topper

AlexStiva
Newly Registered

Post by AlexStiva » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:28 am

f2k wrote:
I confirm that ...take it form me

Soniraj
Newly Registered

Post by Soniraj » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:56 pm

AlexStiva wrote:
f2k wrote:
I confirm that ...take it form me
Thanks Alex, how do I ask for post dating, there is no column in the form VAF1 asking this ? I may not be called for interview as I have a lot of other visitor visas like USA, Germany etc

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:01 pm

When I sent in my EC application, I included a cover letter that had a list of the supporting documents and the request for the post-date in bold.

bani

Post by bani » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:39 am

go to the EC thread for more info, because i don't remember anyone being granted a post-dated EC from India. just the US and Australia.

AlexStiva
Newly Registered

Post by AlexStiva » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:39 pm

Thanks Alex, how do I ask for post dating, there is no column in the form VAF1 asking this ? I may not be called for interview as I have a lot of other visitor visas like USA, Germany etc[/quote]

I just asked an officer about another date when receiving my passport. It took 5 min to issue new visa. I had no interview ...

What I said to the officer was " I cant fly tomorrow as my contract here ends in 2 months, I cant break it now 'cause I might have problems with prospective employers in the UK if I do so"

viren68

Post by viren68 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:26 am

Hello all,

My situation is also quite similar.

I recently got approval in 2nd week of april and got the letter after 5 days to my address in Delhi. time line 6th july to third week of april 2005.

I also have visitors visa stamped Twice on passport from the Uk embassy and one visitors visa for east africa.

I also want to extend one month my travel to UK on HSMP. As I have to finish back home my project bindings and other household jobs.

If I submit my passport with all the relevant documents attached, there is no cloumn on the VAF-1 form regarding the intended date of travel to UK. The ECO will give the visa the date it is submitted and even may not call me for the interview after seeing the previous travel to UK.

In this circumstances what shall I do to request the ECO to give me post dated one month HSMP EC from the Delhi office.

It is quite clear to me now that my wife and two children can join me latter. As for children I cannot withdraw from the school immediately and already the new session has begun.

Anybody got similar situation please share your decision and advise from the experts on the forum.

Indeed this open forum has taught me many faects of my HSMP approval and of course other aspects as well.

Viren68

Hector
Newly Registered

Post by Hector » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:23 am

Hi ,
It seems we are in the same boat.

In VAF1 form:
Section 5 - About your stay in the UK
5.2 On what date do you intend to arrive?

will this serve the purpose for post dated EC? Experts please comment

anyway one can always mention it in the covering letter and hope for the best :-)

Cheers,
Hector

Soniraj
Newly Registered

Post by Soniraj » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:48 pm

Thanks seinor friends and f2k

It is now clear that family can join later, now the only clarification needed is whether i need to apply for EC for family along with mine or I should apply later, my family may join after about 6 to 9 months so should I apply for their EC only after about 6 months thanks