ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:30 pm

@Whizart

Good luck bro! I myself immigrated via the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route so can relate to you!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 pm

gk777 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 pm
Whizart wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 pm
Hi, Just an update on my application SET (LR) - May 15th Submission,
Received a worrying email today from the caseworker regarding my application (Copied Below) .

Sub: Information regarding your immigration application - Ref# UAN

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our
assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be
processed within the 6 month target.
This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we
require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application by 15 February 2021, but we
will write to you again if this is not going to be possible
."

My case is pretty straightforward to be honest. I am struggling to understand why have they emailed me almost after 5 months that the application raises "complex issues" I just have a feeling that the caseworker only picked up my application recently if not today and whatever checks he has to make will take him a couple of months or so. After waiting for 10years for this opportunity and another 5 months down since my application, I was looking forward to hear some good news but they don't fail to disappoint. (Silly Me).

This email has come directly from the case worker so this ain't no generic email I guess. 2 Years Ago they made me wait for a whole year to give a decision on my T1 Entrepreneur Visa Extension. UKVI has done it again!. Is anyone else in a similar situation ? If I don't receive a decision in 6 Months (15th Nov) shall I escalate the case via MP ?
What different visa categories have you been in the 10 years? Also, was there any single absence of more than 180 days or total absence of more than 540 days?
What different visa categories have you been in the 10 years?
Student>>PSW>>Tier 1 Entrepreneur>>Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Was there any single absence of more than 180 days or total absence of more than 540 days?
None. My total absences accumulate to 380 days in 10 years. Longest Single Absence is 91 Days.

maboussadi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by maboussadi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Hello,

Apologies fi this is not the right place to ask this question.

I entered the UK on October 15th, 2015
My visa was valid from October 7th, 2015

I applied (via solicitor) for my ILR on 10th September 2020, 28 days before.

in the Application from, my solicitor filled the form:
When did you first enter the UK? 7 October 2015

the solicitor also added in the immigration history from 7 October 2015 to 15 October 2015 as Time before entering the UK

I double checked with the solicitor, they said it is correct. but I wanted to double check if someone here had a similar experience ?

Many Thanks.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:30 pm
@Whizart

Good luck bro! I myself immigrated via the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route so can relate to you!!
Thanks bro!
I hope you get your BC decision very soon. You've been amazing!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 pm

maboussadi wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 pm
Hello,

Apologies fi this is not the right place to ask this question.

I entered the UK on October 15th, 2015
My visa was valid from October 7th, 2015

I applied (via solicitor) for my ILR on 10th September 2020, 28 days before.

in the Application from, my solicitor filled the form:
When did you first enter the UK? 7 October 2015

the solicitor also added in the immigration history from 7 October 2015 to 15 October 2015 as Time before entering the UK

I double checked with the solicitor, they said it is correct. but I wanted to double check if someone here had a similar experience ?

Many Thanks.
Date of entry should have been 15th Oct. However, you can start eligibility period from visa issue date. The time between should be added towards your total absence. But well, does not matter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:52 pm

Whizart wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:30 pm
@Whizart

Thanks bro!
I hope you get your BC decision very soon. You've been amazing!
Cheers 🥂

maboussadi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by maboussadi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Date of entry should have been 15th Oct. However, you can start eligibility period from visa issue date. The time between should be added towards your total absence. But well, does not matter.
[/quote]

In your opinion, should I ask the solicitor to modify it ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm

maboussadi wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm
He can not modify it if the application is submitted. The question clearly asks for “date of entry.” These little errors will not cause a refusal though so relax.

maboussadi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by maboussadi » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 pm
maboussadi wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm
He can not modify it if the application is submitted. The question clearly asks for “date of entry.” These little errors will not cause a refusal though so relax.
Many thanks

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Applied 3/7/2020
Idv app 4/9/2020
Ftf appointment 5/10/2020

And lets see if Ftf appointment makes any difference

junebug1981
Newly Registered

Post by junebug1981 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 pm

Got approval for SET M application today via e-mail! Very happy, thank you everyone.

In relation the the BRP being sent out, is there a way to track this? It says ID and signature is required - does that mean the recipient has to be there with their ID or just the one who signs for it? Reason being, hard to wait around for 5-7 days whilst going to work etc! I dont want to miss the BRP though

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 pm

junebug1981 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 pm
Got approval for SET M application today via e-mail! Very happy, thank you everyone.

In relation the the BRP being sent out, is there a way to track this? It says ID and signature is required - does that mean the recipient has to be there with their ID or just the one who signs for it? Reason being, hard to wait around for 5-7 days whilst going to work etc! I dont want to miss the BRP though
Call TNT and they will be able to give an indication for date of delivery.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 am

Nabz12345 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:01 pm
I applied for pbs dep t1G visa on 13th July, biometrics submitted via idv app only on 1st Sep.
I made an enquiry on 24th Sep regarding my case and got a case ref from ukvi saying that they are going to update in 10 working days.
Today i receive this response, “ Thank you for your enquiry.

I am pleased to inform you that a decision has been made on your application and you will be notified as soon as possible; if you haven’t received it already. Unfortunately, there has been an IT error in producing your BRP card. I have notified the appropriate team and once the new BRP has been produced, please allow up to 10 days for delivery.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

I was thinking of doing a dual submission but held myself seeing few good comments on this forum.

Thanks all specially cullinan for help and much needed support!
Hope everyone get positive response soon(InshAllah)
All the best dear, i am also waiting for my dependant’s visa. if you don’t mind to share, how
You made the inquiry ?

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:55 am

Hi, my partner received approval on Set LR yesterday after submitting biometric in person at the centre in about 2 hours later. Applied on 02 July, idv app bio submitted on 28/08/20 then had in person bio done on the 5th October and approval on the same day. I don't know what trigger the decision whether this biometric appointment or case already decided. Anyway good luck to everyone waiting. I believe this will help all of you are waiting for Set LR to understand the timeline. Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 am

Congrats @rzbca
Appears IDV has been a bottleneck as your case was decided and UKVI were waiting on Biometrics data
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am

Hi Cullinan,

Do you need a tracking number? I received approval from HO last week but haven't received any tracking detail from TNT.
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 pm
junebug1981 wrote:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:07 am

tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
Hi Cullinan,

Do you need a tracking number? I received approval from HO last week but haven't received any tracking detail from TNT.
CULLINAN wrote:
junebug1981 wrote:

Call them and provide your surname and postcode, tell them your awaiting a BRP delivery and they will provide you with tracking also, this worked with DX, not sure if it works with TNT also but should work.

arethere
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arethere » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 am

I've just noticed that SET (LR) is beginning to move ahead in date order and is just getting to the start-of-July applications. Please can you update the timeline if you haven't already?
Thank you

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:28 am

junebug1981 wrote:

You did biometrics the same day as me (but applied a month earlier) so I can't tell you how heartening it is to see a Set(M) that didn't get approved within 1-2 weeks of in-person biometrics! I felt like that was all I was reading :lol: Congrats!

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:34 am

Thank you very much :)
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:07 am
tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
Hi Cullinan,

CULLINAN wrote:
junebug1981 wrote:

Call them and provide your surname and postcode, tell them your awaiting a BRP delivery and they will provide you with tracking also, this worked with DX, not sure if it works with TNT also but should work.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 am

arethere wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 am
I've just noticed that SET (LR) is beginning to move ahead in date order and is just getting to the start-of-July applications. Please can you update the timeline if you haven't already?
Thank you
Yes I noticed too! Hopefully this pace continues! Anyone please update timelines if you didnt!!

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:56 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm
I've done some statistics on Set (LR) applications and it seems like we are looking at an average of 100 days between date of application and decision, in most cases where complexities haven't been raised by UKVI/HO (based on forum research). So I would expect the July Set (LR) applicants to start receiving their decisions soon. Hopefully (by some miracle) UKVI/HO picks up the pace on Set (LR) applications by re-prioritising/re-directing some resources, and proves me wrong, giving us faster decisions. But I know that is wishful thinking :(
Looks like we are chugging along on Set LR applicants now! Hope Sonic or the Flash become the next Set LR caseworker(s) :lol: :D
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:19 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 am
Nabz12345 wrote:
I applied for pbs dep t1G visa on 13th July, biometrics submitted via idv app only on 1st Sep.
I made an enquiry on 24th Sep regarding my case and got a case ref from ukvi saying that they are going to update in 10 working days.

I am pleased to inform you that a decision has been made on your application and you will be notified as soon as possible; if you haven’t received it already. Unfortunately, there has been an IT error in producing your BRP card. I have notified the appropriate team and once the new BRP has been produced, please allow up to 10 days for delivery.

I was thinking of doing a dual submission but held myself seeing few good comments on this forum.

All the best dear, i am also waiting for my dependant’s visa. if you don’t mind to share, how
You made the inquiry ?
I'd be interested to know as well. I am eager to get an update on me and my dependent's application. Thank you.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:27 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:56 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:54 pm
I've done some statistics on Set (LR) applications and it seems like we are looking at an average of 100 days between date of application and decision, in most cases where complexities haven't been raised by UKVI/HO (based on forum research). So I would expect the July Set (LR) applicants to start receiving their decisions soon. Hopefully (by some miracle) UKVI/HO picks up the pace on Set (LR) applications by re-prioritising/re-directing some resources, and proves me wrong, giving us faster decisions. But I know that is wishful thinking :(
Looks like we are chugging along on Set LR applicants now! Hope Sonic or the Flash become the next Set LR caseworker(s) :lol: :D
Hahahaha! Well said. I hope so too!! :lol:

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:35 am

berege wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:19 am
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 am
Nabz12345 wrote:

You made the inquiry ?
I'd be interested to know as well. I am eager to get an update on me and my dependent's application. Thank you.
Dear moderators,

the user Nabz12345 seems to have posted only once to the forum and might not be checking the posts frequently. I have seen a couple of other users chased him as to how he got hold off of HO. I was hoping to send him a direct message over forum but couldn't do this (looks like it's not possible)

any workarounds please? thanks