ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension questions

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm
I use already an old scanner and I scan in grayscale, but still facing this problem. As for my current and previous passports, do I still need to scan all the pages as well?
seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

There are mixed experiences
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Also, I actually booked an UKVCAS enhanced service, I guess it's fine to scan the documents during my appointment since it's included in the price, right? as I'm finding it a bit challenging to adjust the sizes of some of the documents including the passports. Some of them are 8MB or more (even after following the guidance for scanning and uploading documents mentioned on the UKVCAS website).
You may want to try app like ilovepdf to reduce the size.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm
Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Thank you Seagul for your reply. Do I need actually to submit my husband's previous passport or his current one would be sufficient? He just got his British passport recently though.

Thank you so much!
Simply attach his British passport
and the British Passport would be enough? the reason for my question is that in my previous FLR (M) application (applied within the UK), I submitted both his current - at the time- passport, and the previous one (both were Indian passports as he had the ILR at the time of my application).

I'm sorry if my questions seem daft but I always get stressed whenever I'm preparing and submittung applications and documents to the UKVI. I just want to ensure that I'm on the right track 🙂

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:24 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:12 pm
Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Also, I actually booked an UKVCAS enhanced service, I guess it's fine to scan the documents during my appointment since it's included in the price, right? as I'm finding it a bit challenging to adjust the sizes of some of the documents including the passports. Some of them are 8MB or more (even after following the guidance for scanning and uploading documents mentioned on the UKVCAS website).
You may want to try app like ilovepdf to reduce the size.
Thanks very much for the tip!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:26 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:24 pm
Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Thank you Seagul for your reply. Do I need actually to submit my husband's previous passport or his current one would be sufficient? He just got his British passport recently though.

Thank you so much!
Simply attach his British passport
and the British Passport would be enough? the reason for my question is that in my previous FLR (M) application (applied within the UK), I submitted both his current - at the time- passport, and the previous one (both were Indian passports as he had the ILR at the time of my application).

I'm sorry if my questions seem daft but I always get stressed whenever I'm preparing and submittung applications and documents to the UKVI. I just want to ensure that I'm on the right track 🙂
You seems of being on right track. Remember, unlike to the applicant, all what is required from the sponsor is his/her evidence of immigration/citizenship status which in your case is his British passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:12 pm

Great! that saved me scanning another passport 🙂. Thanks very much for your help and support 🙂

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone’s input and support. I really really appreciate it.

I’m about to upload my FLR (M) extension documents today and I just wanted to double check them with you guys. I would appreciate it very much if you have a quick look at them and see if they are okay.

1- Applicant's Documents:

- Application
- Application payment confirmation
- Appointment Confirmation
- IHS payment confirmation
- Documents Checklist
- Applicant’s current passport (FULL Pages scanned)
- Applicant’s previous passport (FULL Pages scanned)
- Police registration certificates (I have 2 of them)
- Family consent
- Family declaration
- Applicant’s photos (name and signed)
- Sponsor’s photo (name and signed)
- Spouse visa – BRP
- A letter from my consulate confirming that one of my passports has had a misspelt name and that it’s been corrected.

2- Accommodation Documents:

- Current land registry
- The original copy of the land registry sent by the solicitor at the time of buying our house
- This year’s mortgage statement
- Last year’s mortgage statement
- This year’s council tax bill

3- Evidence of Relationship:

- Original marriage certificate in Arabic
- Original translated marriage certificate in English
- My husband’s British Passport
- My daughter’s British Passport
- My daughter’s British birth certificate
- Some letters from my daughter’s school, a letter that confirms that she’s been registered with them since April 2017. I also included letter from our GP that confirms our registration with them (this letter is dated 2018 and I submitted it before in my previous FLR (M) application. My GP have stopped this letter service and refused to issue me an updated one).
- I’m thinking to include some of our photos of us as a family (Not sure though)
- Letters from Migration Yorkshire confirming that the Applicant (ME) has been volunteering with them.

4- Evidence of Cohabitation:

1- Applicant's:
- Nationwide letter June 2020
- TV Licence bill July 2020
- TSB Letter June 2020
- TV licence bill July 2019
- Wakefield college letter October 2019
- NHS Letter November 2019
- UK NARIC Letter June 2019 (this letter was regarding my statement of comparability and NOT for the English Language requirement)
- Council Tax bill 2018
- Home Office FLR (M) approval letter October 2018
- TSB Letter 2018
- Home Office Tier 2 general dependant approval letter April 2018

2- Sponsor's:

-Husband’s citizenship application approval letter March 2020
- DVLA letter February 2020
- NHS Letter May 2020
- Council Citizenship ceremony invitation letter July 2020
- Yorkshire building society letter March 2019
- A letter from the solicitor regarding our remortgage July 2019
- Halifax bank statement December 2019
- HCPC Letter July 2019
- HM Revenues and customs letter January 2018
- Home office ILR Approval letter October 2018

5- Language:

Test certificate (B1)

6- Financial:

I’m applying under Category A

- 6 months bank statements
- 6 months payslips (it includes the NHS’s logo and he got it stamped from his payroll)
- Letter from his employer confirming his title, his contract type, for how long he’s been employed with them and his salary (and explaining the changes that takes place depending on his annual increments and NHS Agenda for change)
- P60 printed stamped from his payroll

Are these documents enough and sufficient or do I need to add anything else?

Thank you very much for your support and help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Applicant’s photos (name and signed)
- Sponsor’s photo (name and signed)

- Some letters from my daughter’s school, a letter that confirms that she’s been registered with them since April 2017. I also included letter from our GP that confirms our registration with them (this letter is dated 2018 and I submitted it before in my previous FLR (M) application. My GP have stopped this letter service and refused to issue me an updated one).
- I’m thinking to include some of our photos of us as a family (Not sure though)
- Letters from Migration Yorkshire confirming that the Applicant (ME) has been volunteering with them.

- Home Office Tier 2 general dependant approval letter April 2018

-Husband’s citizenship application approval letter March 2020
- Council Citizenship ceremony invitation letter July 2020

- P60 printed stamped from his payroll
None of this is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. For some reason I had to cancel my appointment (it was this Friday). The next available appointment I could book is on the 20th October. would that be fine? I mean regarding the documents they won't be older than 28 days would they?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:27 pm

Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:25 pm
Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. For some reason I had to cancel my appointment (it was this Friday). The next available appointment I could book is on the 20th October. would that be fine? I mean regarding the documents they won't be older than 28 days would they?

Thank you!
Fine. Your document need to be dated on or before the application date, which is the date you submit and pay online and not the appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:32 pm

and can I upload any documents dated after that the date of the application submission?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:32 pm
and can I upload any documents dated after that the date of the application submission?
Yes but dated until the date of application

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:50 am

- UK NARIC Letter June 2019 (this letter was regarding my statement of comparability and NOT for the English Language requirement)

5- Language:

Test certificate (B1)

Better to use only B1 assuming was used previously or unexpired yet.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm

The reason I cancelled the appointment is that our previous bank (which we had mortgage with) has refused to issue the final mortgage statement and we have requested it to be sent by post. Now if it will be dated after the date I submitted the application, would there be a problem? I submitted the application on the 25th September 2020 and we've been chasing the bake since before that date and it is not easy due to the Covid 19 situation. What would be your advice?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm
The reason I cancelled the appointment is that our previous bank (which we had mortgage with) has refused to issue the final mortgage statement and we have requested it to be sent by post. Now if it will be dated after the date I submitted the application, would there be a problem? I submitted the application on the 25th September 2020 and we've been chasing the bake since before that date and it is not easy due to the Covid 19 situation. What would be your advice?
Hopefully it won't cause any issue.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:44 pm
Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:50 am

5- Language:

Test certificate (B1)

Better to use only B1 assuming was used previously or unexpired yet.
for the B1 It's not expired, I attended the test last August.

The NARIC letter was issued in 2018 for my Statement of comparability for my degree and not for Visa purposes. I'm using it an an evidence of cohabitation.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm
Hopefully it won't cause any issue.
Thank you! :)