ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning resident with ILR after 2 years absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviskar

Returning resident with ILR after 2 years absence

Post by raviskar » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:49 am

I am an Indian Citizen, lived in the UK with my family for 10 years (from May 2018 - July 2018) and have a valid UK permanent resident card valid until March 2023. But we moved out of the UK to India in July 2018 to stabilize my business in the Indian region, with the intention of coming back to the UK within 2 years. But due to the coronavirus pandemic and international flights lockdown, we were not able to travel back to the UK within the 2 years timeframe.

1) Is there any exception to 2 years rule due to COVID?
2) We have an active private limited company registered in the UK, where both myself and my wife are directors and we also have active personal and business bank accounts in the UK. If we have to apply for returning resident visa, will this be considered as enough ties to UK.
3) As we stayed in UK for 10 continuous years, can we apply via long term resident category?

I have tried UK immigration contact centre, but no proper response from them on exception due to COVID.

vinny

Re: Returning resident with ILR after 2 years absence

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:36 am

I think you should apply for a returning residents visa.

If this fails, then it may be possible to apply for ILR under Long residence when you are in the UK in any legal capacity.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.