ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:41 am

You can not compare timelines with someone who applied on a PBS dependent visa! User @Nabz12345 applied via the same. This route is actually the fastest anyways. Probably the user used the same UKVI number to chase HO.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:41 am

berege wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:35 am
Dear moderators,

the user Nabz12345 seems to have posted only once to the forum and might not be checking the posts frequently. I have seen a couple of other users chased him as to how he got hold off of HO. I was hoping to send him a direct message over forum but couldn't do this (looks like it's not possible)

any workarounds please? thanks
Members post and update if they choose yo. We cannot force them or pester them to come back and update. Neither you or the user have access to the PM function yet anyway so nothing you can do and there is no "workaround".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:45 am

interesting interpretations of me just trying to get information from the user as to how he contacted HO, but thanks for your replies. Let's see if he reads and replies.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 am

berege wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:45 am
interesting interpretations of me just trying to get information from the user as to how he contacted HO, but thanks for your replies. Let's see if he reads and replies.
The methods to contact HO have been reported numerous times by different members in the topic. Its not like user @Nabz12345 had a special protocol to contact them. You can call/email/post.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 am

Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 am
Ameline wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 am

No, I have not received any reply. May be my Solicitor has
Sorry who told you that the appointment was cancelled then?
My Solicitor got a call. I just checked my bank statement. I have got the refund from Sopra Steria
Ok it might be that they have already reviewed and decided on your application.
[/quote

I was just wondering If i can travel, As i have an urgent travel.What happens to my Application. My present visa is valid upto May 2021

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 am

Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:
Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 am

No, I have not received any reply. May be my Solicitor has
My Solicitor got a call. I just checked my bank statement. I have got the refund from Sopra Steria
[/quote

I was just wondering If i can travel, As i have an urgent travel.What happens to my Application. My present visa is valid upto May 2021

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:06 pm

You can travel no one would stop you but your application would be considered as withdrawn. How easy for them to know in the system of when and if you leave the country, no idea! I would not recommend for you to travel.
Samarpan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 am
Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:
Ameline wrote:

[/quote

Last edited by Ameline on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 am
berege wrote:
The methods to contact HO have been reported numerous times by different members in the topic. Its not like user @Nabz12345 had a special protocol to contact them. You can call/email/post.

Thanks for the link Cullinan.

When i specified my condition, link ( https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... -to-remain ) only provided phone though. I guess this means HO doesn't take inquiries over email for my case?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:20 pm

berege wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:07 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
berege wrote:

Thanks for the link Cullinan.

When i specified my condition, link ( https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... -to-remain ) only provided phone though. I guess this means HO doesn't take inquiries over email for my case?
A user has previously reported having contacted the HO via the paid email selecting outside the UK (£2.74 - btw this was £5.48 before the lockdown -) and he got an answer but not sure if this would work for you mate.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:27 pm

Thanks for suggestion Ameline, might give this a shot. Appreciated.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
berege wrote:

This method is not working, I have been chasing my dependant’s visa from the last two weeks. We applied together as a family and me being the main applicant. I received my decision (granted) but still waiting for my dependant’s decision. It’s been more than three weeks since my decision arrived. Can the respected members of this forum advise please?
Many thanks

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:50 pm

I tried this and received email saying they only deal with outside the UK case (Maybe I was unlucky). I rang HO and staff raised the case to caseworker for me.
Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:20 pm

A user has previously reported having contacted the HO via the paid email selecting outside the UK (£2.74 - btw this was £5.48 before the lockdown -) and he got an answer but not sure if this would work for you mate.

khichi12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by khichi12 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Applied for ILR Route: Set (O), Tier 2 General
Date application sent: 8/9/2020
Type of application: Standard
Payment debited: 8/9/2020
Documents uploaded on UKVCAS website: 8/9/2020
'Possible delay' email: 10/9/2020
Email received to use IDV / book UKVCAS appointment: 17/9/2020
IDV app used: None
Biometrics Enrolled: 24/9/2020 at 9:00AM, FREE SLOT at EXETER
UKVI DELAY NOTICE: 30/9/2020
Decision Letter Received: Waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting

people applied before/after me getting decisions, no luck for me. Dont know what to do.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:00 pm

@Shaaz2029

You have been advised already by the mods Zimba and CR001 to wait patiently. The more you chase them, the more you annoy HO.

Samarpan
Newly Registered
India

Post by Samarpan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:06 pm
You can travel no one would stop you but your application would be considered as withdrawn. How easy for them to know in the system of when and if you leave the country, no idea! I would not recommend for you to travel.
Samarpan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 am
Ameline wrote:
Samarpan wrote:

[/quote

Thank you for the reply. I guess I just have to wait

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Please do not chase HO before your service standards are over. Chasing only makes sense if your service standard is over or you have evidence for a medical emergency/compassionate reasons. But if you do anyways, then do not expect that HO should act right away.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:14 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:50 pm
I tried this and received email saying they only deal with outside the UK case (Maybe I was unlucky). I rang HO and staff raised the case to caseworker for me.
Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:20 pm

The contact centre is outsourced it’s not even HO or UKVI. All they do is make a note of the details which the caller gives to them then they passed it on to the escalation department(not directly to case worker). Then the escalation department at UKVI passed it on further . Calling helpline does not mean your case is actually being escalated, it only means your details have been passed on to the escalation team. It depends on them to escalate it to the case worker or not. This is what I have learned while going through the escalation process, other members may have a different experience. I hope sharing this will help other members.

var1988
Newly Registered
India

Post by var1988 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:30 pm

What is the difference between Core Service centre and Enhanced Service Centre?
Does this Effect my application process?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:33 pm

var1988 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:30 pm
What is the difference between Core Service centre and Enhanced Service Centre?
Does this Effect my application process?
Enhanced usually have the scanning service included in the price. Also enhanced centres are always paid. Core centres - you pay extra for scanning plus possibility of free appointments. No difference. Scanning service tbh is a waste in my opinion.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Dear all,

I have one more question that I need your expertise please:

my solicitor provided me the following information last month upon confirming them that me and my wife uploaded our selfies via IDV app:

"We will now await for the Home Office to get in touch with us via email to confirm the decision of your application.

Unfortunately we currently do not have data to provide a realistic timeframe for the process as we are currently awaiting decisions on the pending applications where applicants have used the IDV app. Once we see decisions being made on these pending applications, then we will certainly update you and provide a more realistic timeframe.

At this stage the Home Office have advised that they will endeavour to process these applications as quickly as they can, however to allow a processing time of 6 months."

Can you let me know if that 6 month processing time started when my application was made, which is June 12th? or is it when I submitted my photo over IDV app please?

Thank you

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:46 pm

berege wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:38 pm
Dear all,

I have one more question that I need your expertise please:

my solicitor provided me the following information last month upon confirming them that me and my wife uploaded our selfies via IDV app:

"We will now await for the Home Office to get in touch with us via email to confirm the decision of your application.

Unfortunately we currently do not have data to provide a realistic timeframe for the process as we are currently awaiting decisions on the pending applications where applicants have used the IDV app. Once we see decisions being made on these pending applications, then we will certainly update you and provide a more realistic timeframe.

At this stage the Home Office have advised that they will endeavour to process these applications as quickly as they can, however to allow a processing time of 6 months."

Can you let me know if that 6 month processing time started when my application was made, which is June 12th? or is it when I submitted my photo over IDV app please?

Thank you
you would start counting towards the 6 month processing time from the date you have submitted the application and not the date you submitted the bios.

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:00 pm

I just rang to TNT and the staff said they haven't received any parcel to this address. How many days after the email from HO, you receive the tracking number?

I changed my address, so I have to contact TNT to redelivery.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:00 pm
I just rang to TNT and the staff said they haven't received any parcel to this address. How many days after the email from HO, you receive the tracking number?

Can take 2/3 working days on average after approval.

tom88jerry
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by tom88jerry » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Thanks again Cullinan. It's already 4 days after I received the email. I will wait until friday and ring again.
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 pm
tom88jerry wrote:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:07 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:06 pm
Thanks again Cullinan. It's already 4 days after I received the email. I will wait until friday and ring again.
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 pm
tom88jerry wrote:

Ring tomorrow again. Also keep a contact at you old address if possible.