ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Travelling first

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Dependant Travelling first

Post by Chipungu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

Hi all

I would like to find out if its possible for may husband (hmsp partner) to travell to the uk first while I sort out a few things before joining him.

Please help

Markie

Re: Dependant Travelling first

Post by Markie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 pm

It should be always be the other way around...The Visa holder first followed by the dependant or at least travelling along with the main visa holder (you in this case).
Chipungu wrote:Hi all

I would like to find out if its possible for may husband (hmsp partner) to travell to the uk first while I sort out a few things before joining him.

Please help

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Dont think so. If both you and your husband have visas affixed on your passport, then technically nothing should stop your husband going first. Having some experience with immigration stuff, this is a logical opinion I get. But I have not read any clause anywhere which is for/against your case. In other words, there is no mention anywhere, hence he can fly, in my opinion.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!