ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying UK citizenship with USA passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Applying UK citizenship with USA passport

Post by sksk123 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:46 pm

My Son (8 Years old) is a US citizen and got a OCI card for India as well. We have been living here in UK for the last 6 years and he got ILR last year and he is eligible for UK Citizenship under "registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen" (My naturalization has been approved already and my wife is in ILR).

Few questions:
1. Since he is going to get the Dual Citizenship, Do I need to do anything different when I submit documents or filling the application form?
2. Once I get the passport, Should I change his OCI to have British nationality instead of USA since I am living in UK?

Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying UK citizenship with USA passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:03 pm

1. No.

2. Ask this in the Other countries sub forum as it isn't relevant to this sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying UK citizenship with USA passport

Post by sksk123 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 pm

As usual, you guys are amazing. Thanks for the help.