ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different letter in passport to birth certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Guerro
Member of Standing

Different letter in passport to birth certificate

Post by Guerro » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi all, I am bringing my parents on a visitor visa my father got his passport's name in English same as mine while my mother's full name has one letter different. In my birth certificate, her name is 3 names, in her passport she has 4 names. The third name in my birth certificate, which is the 4th in the passport is spelt differently. In the birth certificate it is Farag, in the passport it is Farg will that be a problem?
now she is going to get her bank statements and we dont know which name to use? or shall we just issue a new passport with name spelt the same as my birth certificate?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Different letter in passport to birth certificate

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello

I have seen very successful visitor visas with small discrepancies on names. But as long as everything else such as dates of birth, addresses and all documents are genuine, it should be fine.

When I invite my family, my name in birth certificate is slightly different than in passport, my bank account has only my initials... etc. and it never raised any question.

There are not applying for a British passport or something, just a visitor visa. It's known fact that on many countries, original names are not in Latin. Then, when they transcribe them in Latin, the passport office does it one way, the birth registrar his way, the bank another way... etc. So you get these small inconsistencies all over the place.