ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa In 2 Weeks!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AzimScot

Settlement Visa In 2 Weeks!

Post by AzimScot » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:48 pm

Sounds to good to be true, but my wife has handed in her documents for a settlement visa and the Fedex office has told her she meets all the requirements and will be issued a visa in 15 days time.

Is this true?

I dont think it is as the immigration officer has still to review the documents?

I don't understand why they would say you will definitely get the visa within 15 days?

Anyone been through similar?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Unfortunately, Fedex don't make the decision, that's down to the ECO. :(
I would imagine that the Fedex employee was simply saying that your paperwork appeared to be in order, in which case you should be successful.

princess22

Post by princess22 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:52 pm

They always say that, they said 14 days to my hubby, we called up but then they said call back tomorrow etc etc.

It took over a month to have the sucesful visa, you have to keep calling them up till they say the passport has arrived.