ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Current Processing Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opoopo
Newly Registered

I filed my application yesterday

Post by opoopo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 am

Should I need to maintain my funds with my account until my visa to come?

Please anybody clear my doubt?

Me submitted my bank statement of 800sterling as a closing balance and also maintained for a month?Should I need to keep my funds until my visa to come?

Hope it make sense

Ramesh

rnari4u
Newly Registered

Re: I filed my application yesterday

Post by rnari4u » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:01 pm

opoopo wrote:Should I need to maintain my funds with my account until my visa to come?

Please anybody clear my doubt?

Me submitted my bank statement of 800sterling as a closing balance and also maintained for a month?Should I need to keep my funds until my visa to come?

Hope it make sense

Ramesh
hi ramesh.........

u dont need to maintain after applying..........but if in case due to any reason if u have to re apply , fresh statement is required with the balance amount stated as per norms..........i hope i made clear and all de best........

opoopo
Newly Registered

Post by opoopo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks for your reply.....rnari4u

I saw your recent message as you received your PSW under transitional arrangements.I could understand your patient.Now my Congratz to you!!!!!

Ramesh

rnari4u
Newly Registered

Post by rnari4u » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:05 pm

opoopo wrote:Thanks for your reply.....rnari4u

I saw your recent message as you received your PSW under transitional arrangements.I could understand your patient.Now my Congratz to you!!!!!

Ramesh
nothing else i could do than waiting and even some of my frds still waiting who applied along wiht me..........

opoopo
Newly Registered

Not written my name at the back of the photo

Post by opoopo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:03 am

Hi,

I forgotten to write my name at the back of photo.Will it be a problem?

Also explain me I filed my application before my expiry?In case of my application refused?Should i need to go back to my country?Or else is it possible to reply?

Ramesh

rnari4u
Newly Registered

Re: Not written my name at the back of the photo

Post by rnari4u » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:00 am

opoopo wrote:Hi,

I forgotten to write my name at the back of photo.Will it be a problem?

Also explain me I filed my application before my expiry?In case of my application refused?Should i need to go back to my country?Or else is it possible to reply?

Ramesh
hi ramesh.........

writing name behind ur photo----clause has been not mentioned i think.......it may not make difference and ur good that u filed ur application before expiry.........which is mandatorily u suppose to do and ....................

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:01 am

british0044 wrote:Hi Anirbhan, Congrats!

i'm the one you guessed... worked for CCC. one of my class-mate has recieved his PSW in 10 days. most case now delays, but all are geting success. And anribhan, i will be moving to New York in October for a software company. got a free offer with 80K USD/ year with revision in 3rd month. they provide me free airticket as well. leaving to India next 20th. hope you are working somewhere now.
Hi Ashraf

Sent you a PM. PLs check.

Anirban

alimohmand

I have recieved my visa

Post by alimohmand » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:52 am

Application Posted: 01 August 2008
Application Recd by HO: 4 August 2008
Fee charged: 5 August 2008
Got Ref number by post: 6 August 2008
Passport Received : 05 September 2008
Stamp Date : 02 September 2008
Validity : 26 August 2010

Good Luck
Last edited by alimohmand on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alimohmand

Re: I have recieved my visa

Post by alimohmand » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:21 pm

alimohmand wrote:Application Posted: 01 August 2008
Application Recd by HO: 4 August 2008
Fee charged: 5 August 2008
Got Ref number by post: 6 August 2008
Passport Received : 05 September 2008
Stamp Date : 02 September 2008
Validity : 26 August 2010

Good Luck

chick
Newly Registered

Post by chick » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Got my visa on Sutarday......6 weeks was wainting time....hope everyone else will get it soon.

Cheers.

CHICK

presario
Newly Registered

Post by presario » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for PSW as well and sent my documents on 31 July 2008 and fee deducted on 4th of Aug and then they sent me a lettre on 8th of aug. Unfortunately i have to change my address due to some reasons on 13th of Aug and fill change of address form and sent to Home office on the say day. Now it is 10th of Sep 2008 and i am still waiting for it.

Anybody can tell me or advice me what to do and what is going on. As i have seen many friends of mine and guys on this forum as well, they have started recieving their passports.

Plz guide me.

Thanks

hasankhan
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hasankhan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 pm

you will recived your passport on 12th sep or 15th sep

opoopo
Newly Registered

Post by opoopo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi

One of my friend of friend applied on 28th of July.He not received yet his visa.Could anybody able to tell when he will receive his visa.Do you think his visa going to a refused one because of this much delay.

My room mate applied on 4th August.He too not received yet.

Their both visa currently expired.Should they need to go back to their home county if their visa application get refused.

Reply..thanks

katherine1990
Newly Registered

Re: PSW/IGS

Post by katherine1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:33 am

Obalende wrote:
anirban_paul wrote:
british0044 wrote:Nothingto worry about stamping your IGS or PSW visa. its so cool to get but now takes time for someone and quick for someothers. just the basic documents will do. no requirement of showing any earning source. even if you fail youor thesis, you will get you PSW on the basis of completion of other module. if your university stands against you and visa refuse, just file appeal strightaway you will get it, but a case of my friends has taken 2months after appeal as his photo was not as specified-Asharaf, Chester
Hi asharaf,

r u from staffs uni? did u do ur placement in CCC?
Wow - this is worrying. I have just posted my PSW (transitional arrangements) application. As far as i know, i did not see any photo requirements on the guidance notes; I sent 50 mm by 50 mm picture. Is this something to be worried about? Should I resend my passport photos i.e. send standard ones?

anyone please reply asap.
hi everyone, can someone please advise if its a good idea to resend photos. mine measures 45mm by 55mm and has a very light blue background. taken with a passport photo boot.

thanks in advance

hasankhan
Newly Registered

Post by hasankhan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm

opoopo wrote:Hi

One of my friend of friend applied on 28th of July.He not received yet his visa.Could anybody able to tell when he will receive his visa.Do you think his visa going to a refused one because of this much delay.

My room mate applied on 4th August.He too not received yet.

Their both visa currently expired.Should they need to go back to their home county if their visa application get refused.

Reply..thanks
They are taking exactly 6 weeks but some cases taking more, but if you didn't recieved any letter from home office it means every thing is going well. They will receive passport very soon. becouse they dont have problem to give PSW for educated people.(its my opinion), they no need to go back becouse when they apply for psw they got the student visa so by law you have to wait for your outcome from home office.

lichinto
Newly Registered

Post by lichinto » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,

My gf is on the same situration.

She post her application 24/7/2008
Comfirm recieved at 25/7/2008
Payment Taken at 26/7/2008
Recieve referrence at 3/8/2008

But she still not recieve her decision back yet, either do any news from HO.
Its already been 8 weeks now, so was wonder, have anyone apply for PWS at the similar time get their decision back from HO yet?

Hope someone can give advices.

hoxemagic
Newly Registered

Post by hoxemagic » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am

Hi guys,

Really appreciate great posts providing update information about processing for PSW visas.

Could you guys please tell me if I still need to send an extra letter from my bank confirming the fund in my account (>£800) if I already provide them enough 3 bank statements? Is it OK for 3 statements come with different addresses?

Many thanks.

hasankhan
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hasankhan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:50 pm

[quote="hoxemagic"]Hi guys,

Really appreciate great posts providing update information about processing for PSW visas.

Could you guys please tell me if I still need to send an extra letter from my bank confirming the fund in my account (>£800) if I already provide them enough 3 bank statements? Is it OK for 3 statements come with different add

YOU no need to send extra letter but its better if you send balance letter and last three months bank statement but not from diffrent banks.
there is no requirment for £800 upto 31st Oct 2008 if you are applying before 31st oct then just send your Last three months bank statement with ending balance of good amount.

drummer
Newly Registered

Post by drummer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi Mate,

Even I am on the same boat as your GF...
I have applied on the same date as of her and am very tensed as I have to go back to my home country by 20th Oct...
I am very eagerly waiting for the passport, BUT looking at the trend I think I will have to CANCEL my tickets...

Plz do reply if you get any info regarding the same...

Many Thanks,
lichinto wrote:Hi,

My gf is on the same situration.

She post her application 24/7/2008
Comfirm recieved at 25/7/2008
Payment Taken at 26/7/2008
Recieve referrence at 3/8/2008

But she still not recieve her decision back yet, either do any news from HO.
Its already been 8 weeks now, so was wonder, have anyone apply for PWS at the similar time get their decision back from HO yet?

Hope someone can give advices.

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Approval Phase

Post by RealGenuine » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 pm

I just wanted to add some information to this thread. Here are the phases my application went through:

Date............- Action
27/08/2008 - Application sent via Recorded Delivery
28/08/2008 - Application pack received at UKBA
02/09/2008 - Payment processed and application fee taken out of bank account (paid by cheque)
01/10/2008 - Received my approved visa back from UKBA

Hence, overall my application took 4 working weeks to be processed and arrive back. But in total, it took 5 working weeks for the complete process (including processing payment).

Therefore, if anyone has paid by Credit/Debit card, it should take less time. I hope this helps.

prash123
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Visa Approval Phase

Post by prash123 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:39 pm

First of all congratulations to you for getting PSW visa.

Now the strange thing is I had posted my application on the same day as of you that is on 27/08/2008 and received a letter from UKBA confirming that they have received my application and the payment has been processed (as I have paid by Postal order) on 28/08/2008.

But till date no updates on it ...

I would guess PO are processed faster than Card payments or cheque payments.
RealGenuine wrote:I just wanted to add some information to this thread. Here are the phases my application went through:

Date............- Action
27/08/2008 - Application sent via Recorded Delivery
28/08/2008 - Application pack received at UKBA
02/09/2008 - Payment processed and application fee taken out of bank account (paid by cheque)
01/10/2008 - Received my approved visa back from UKBA

Hence, overall my application took 4 working weeks to be processed and arrive back. But in total, it took 5 working weeks for the complete process (including processing payment).

Therefore, if anyone has paid by Credit/Debit card, it should take less time. I hope this helps.

lostlost2008
Newly Registered

Maintenace please

Post by lostlost2008 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 am

I have a question please.

Does an applicant must have 800 pounds in their account all the time for all 3 months in the bank statement.

I just didn't have 800 for the 1st 2 months and now i have more than 800 and will apply soon.

Can anyone know anything about this and please show some light on my query please.

I am confuse

mathew.hends
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenace please

Post by mathew.hends » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

lostlost2008 wrote:I have a question please.

Does an applicant must have 800 pounds in their account all the time for all 3 months in the bank statement.

I just didn't have 800 for the 1st 2 months and now i have more than 800 and will apply soon.

Can anyone know anything about this and please show some light on my query please.

I am confuse
Hello Lostlost2008,

Till 31st Oct 2008 you need to show only closing balance of £800. If you apply on/after 1st Nov 2008, you will have to show minimum balance of £800 for 3 months.

As far as your query is concerned, you can apply for the PSW visa right now.

All the Best.

Cheers,
Matt

mathew.hends
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenace please

Post by mathew.hends » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:36 pm

lostlost2008 wrote:I have a question please.

I am confuse
Hello Lostlost2008,

Till 31st Oct 2008 you need to show only closing balance of £800. If you apply on/after 1st Nov 2008, you will have to show minimum balance of £800 for 3 months.

As far as your query is concerned, you can apply for the PSW visa right now.

All the Best.

Cheers,
Matt

hoxemagic
Newly Registered

Post by hoxemagic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Could anyone tell me where can I request for change of address after applying (like the case of Presario below)?

Also, I used a bank statement dated 08th September for my application posted on 06 October. Should it be just fine as it still lie within 1 month? Otherwise should I send them my recent bank statement?

Really appreciate your help!!! Cheers :D
presario wrote: I have applied for PSW as well and sent my documents on 31 July 2008 and fee deducted on 4th of Aug and then they sent me a lettre on 8th of aug. Unfortunately i have to change my address due to some reasons on 13th of Aug and fill change of address form and sent to Home office on the say day. Now it is 10th of Sep 2008 and i am still waiting for it.