ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British registration of UK born child of one parent ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British registration of UK born child of one parent ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:16 pm
What name is on your child’s UK birth certificate? married name?
Does your name on your ILR and Child’s UK birth certificate match?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:16 pm
What name is on your child’s UK birth certificate? married name?
Does your name on your ILR and Child’s UK birth certificate match?
Yes, name on Child's birth certificate is same as married name is same as name on passport/BRPs etc.
Only difference is on birth certificate there is a "-" , hope that should be ok :shock:
name on Birth Certificate: xyz
name on BRP: xyz(without the "-")

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:50 pm

It will be okay then. Dont bother with maiden name on the marriage certificate. Just wanted to check that. Ignore the “-“.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Also, if that is your real first and middle name would request the moderators to remove from the public forum. Best not to mention any real names on a public forum.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Hi Gurus, Mods,

couple of quick questions, out of curiosity:
on MN1 application there are questions
- passport Issuing authority and in guidance it asks to put place of issue: now in our case issuing authority is obviously govt of our home country BUT passport place of issue is London as we made ppt here. So what shall we put - London or Govt of home country ?

- which country will you live in if this application is successful?
I answered this United Kingdom but wondering the reason for this question :?:

Thanks a lot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:50 pm

1) Home Country.

2) They want to know the intention, obvious expectation at this point in time is that a British Citizen will live in UK. Things may change later on. Who knows. Select UK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am

which country will you live in if this application is successful?
The main purpose of the requirement is that those wishing to be naturalised as British citizens should not already have decided, or intend, to break their links with the UK. The clearest indicator of this will be past behaviour. If that suggests that the requirement is met, and there is no reason to think this will not continue, the applicant's statement about future intentions may be taken at face value.
Page 32
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n_v6.0.pdf

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi @Cullinan,

I am in trouble :(
My GP has outrightly refused to give referee, in fact they will not even respond in writing (only did it on call) so I dont have any proof they refused. :shock:
Secondly, child's nursery refused as well but very informally on a chat.

Q1: So, what can I do now as I cant give any proof that professionals who worked with my child have refused?
What should I write on the cover letter? :?

Q2: Also, I was looking at this link, https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
Can I ask my friend (who know my daughter since birth) who is
Director of limited company - he is a contractor so he is director of his own company ?

Q3: The second reference just has to be a British person (no particular profession needed) above 25 years right? So I can ask a British friend to be referee?

Please help me out again!

THanks a lot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

1) Just explain in the cover letter your experience with GP and nursery as it is. HO is not strict when it comes to referees in case of young children. HO will believe you. In case HO wants any other referee, they will write to you (which is rare and unlikely).

2) Yes

3) British, (professional if under 25, does not matter if not professional but over 25).

Basically now you follow the criteria as per Adult AN case. Link previously provided.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Thanks a lot Cullinan for always prompt reply.

Do we need to take screenshot of chat with nursery to show as proof? But don't really want to do that (sharing private chats/breach of privacy etc)

Secondly, For my ILR BRP, I got tracking number that says will be delivered tomorrow. If everything is ready, can I apply my kids MN1 as soon as I receive my ILR BRP? Or I have to wait few days for their system to get updated etc?

Lastly, after getting BC can child travel out of country on home country passport or has to get British passport after citizenship to travel?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:15 pm
Thanks a lot Cullinan for always prompt reply.

Do we need to take screenshot of chat with nursery to show as proof? But don't really want to do that (sharing private chats/breach of privacy etc)

Secondly, For my ILR BRP, I got tracking number that says will be delivered tomorrow. If everything is ready, can I apply my kids MN1 as soon as I receive my ILR BRP? Or I have to wait few days for their system to get updated etc?

Lastly, after getting BC can child travel out of country on home country passport or has to get British passport after citizenship to travel?
1) No. Do not do that.

2) You can apply even now since your ILR is approved. But best once you have ILR in hand.

3) After the child is British, child needs a British Passport to enter UK as the ILR BRP will be invalid, OR if in case child has dual nationality where the child does not need visa on home country’s passport can use that also to enter UK.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm

I was reading some posts and found MN1 apply via NCS (JCAP) where I can apply for both BC & Passport together at a council? Is that something possible or faster ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm
I was reading some posts and found MN1 apply via NCS (JCAP) where I can apply for both BC & Passport together at a council? Is that something possible or faster ?
Its the past. System changed in Nov 2018. You have to apply MN1 and BP separately now.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:09 pm

For the referee, I filled 2 forms:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Q1: How does the referee knows applicant ?
'Family friend' or 'Lives nearby' or just 'friend' or 'Mother's friend'

Q2: Where do we mention the profession : Director of Limited company ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 pm

1) Friend’s daughter.

2) Did you not fill all referee details in the online form? All details are to be input in the online form. The physical form only requires referee’s name, signature and date. Also, applicant’s name on Page 1 with a photo attached.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:27 pm

I filled the application form, please check sample screenshot. Where should I put profession of referee 1 ?
Referee Page1.jpeg
Referee Page1.jpeg (53.5 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Referee Page2.jpeg
Referee Page2.jpeg (46.68 KiB) Viewed 956 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:30 pm

Maybe its not required in the online form then. If it does not ask for it. Ignore it. The old MN1 paper form used to ask for it. Also, the AN adult online form asks for it. Seems like MN1 online does not ask for the profession specifically.

Makes sense because only 1 referee is needed for MN1 who knows child in a professional capacity. So once you fill “how do you know the child” it kind of fulfils the profession e.g. nursery teacher etc.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:32 pm

OK thank you, so safe side I am writing as this, should be fine no ?

How does the referee know the applicant?
Family Friend - Director of Limited Company

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Just say:
How does the referee know the applicant?
Friend’s daughter

You will have to add a cover letter anyways due to the situation. So mention the profession there.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:50 pm

Also do not mix up “professional person” with someone who knows the child in a professional capacity. Your friend does not know the child in a “professional capacity” but maybe a professional person him/herself.

You will have to write a cover letter that why you can not provide someone who knows the child in a “professional capacity” and therefore you are providing someone who knows the child personally and is a professional person. So your friend’s profession (Director of a Ltd) is meaningless to be input on the online form as he/she does not know the child in a professional capacity anyways.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Thanks for all your help Cullinan.

I applied & booked biometric for next week. There is not much reporting of timeline of MN1 BC registration so wondering how are the timelines recently?

Also, thinking bit ahead what’s the process after approval? How/when can we apply for her British passport?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:41 pm
Thanks for all your help Cullinan.

I applied & booked biometric for next week. There is not much reporting of timeline of MN1 BC registration so wondering how are the timelines recently?

Also, thinking bit ahead what’s the process after approval? How/when can we apply for her British passport?
Can not really comment on the current processing times, but MN1 are pretty quick in majority cases. You will probably hear in 1-2 months or so after biometrics.

Once the application is approved, you will be sent the Child’s certificate of registration as BC. I am not sure if there are any delays regarding that. For AN adult applications (as one has to attend a ceremony), there are massive delays for certificate printing!!

You can apply for a British Passport, once you have the certificate in hand:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:18 am

Hi Gurus, Senior members,

couple of questions:
- How do we get Certificate? Is it by email or post or we have to go to council office to collect?
- After receiving certificate how soon can we apply for first British passport for the child?
- What documents are required for first British passport for the child?

Thanks a lot !!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:38 am

1. By post

2. As soon as you have the certificate.

3. Read the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Thanks a lot CR001!

My daughter has T2G dependent BRP until May2021 and the MN1 application is in progress.
I might have to travel out of UK and want to understand till what stage can she use Foreign passport & T2G dependent BRP for travelling ?

1) before receiving British Citizenship certificate: I think answer is yes, that she is free to travel out and come back on foreign country passport & T2G D BRP.
2) after receiving BC certificate but before applying for passport: ?
3) after receiving BC certificate and passport application in progress: ?
4) after receiving British passport: Surely, have to use British passport.

thanks a lot !!