ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by poper » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:38 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:30 pm
poper wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:12 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm
poper wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:10 pm

My contact who is not a member here received his SET LR decision. He applied in the second week of July and did in-person biometrics on the 4th September
So, certainly the CW are picking up and motoring along July applications now
Thank you for that one @poper. Someone else just posted regarding their daughter's set LR application being approved (on the timeline thread). Applied on 23rd June.

Out of curiosity (and in the interest of my stats spreadsheet :D ) what was the exact date your contact applied?

9th july
Thank you @poper. My spreadsheet is now updated! :D

Are you doing predictive modelling? Members may be willing to pay you/Ameline given how uncertain things are :lol:
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

lukeh8793
United States of America

Post by lukeh8793 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 pm

I submitted my application on 1/9 and used the IDV app on 21/9 and am still waiting. T2 General SET(O)... am frustrated to see people getting approvals after dual submission. My lawyers are very useless and difficult so I didn’t want to get an appointment through them. If I had my own UKVCAS account I would have done it myself... But my company is paying for my SET(O) so beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

srp27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srp27 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 pm

For those still waiting on their BRP, you are not alone. I received approval on 24 September (tomorrow will be 9th working day) and have not received a TNT tracking email either.

I will probably report as lost/stolen if I do not receive anything this Friday.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:38 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Thank you for that one @poper. Someone else just posted regarding their daughter's set LR application being approved (on the timeline thread). Applied on 23rd June.

Out of curiosity (and in the interest of my stats spreadsheet :D ) what was the exact date your contact applied?

9th july

Are you doing predictive modelling? Members may be willing to pay you/Ameline given how uncertain things are :lol:
hahaha! I would if I could, but the dataset just isn't big enough for any sort of predictive modelling. That being said with UKVI/HO, you can't predict them, they predict you! :lol:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 pm
TuM1010 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:41 pm
Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:40 pm
zuo wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:17 pm
my one is set(m) application on 17th Aug. IDV on 5th Sep and f2f on 22th Sep. I've almost refreshed the page every 3-4 hours try to find similar application. Now, I have feeling. Yeah, it is coming........
According to my statistics your approval email should be imminent. As they are currently dealing with March-August SET(M). Wait patiently and please keep us posted.

Hey Ameline, do you have statistics suggesting the processing of SET(O) dependent application please? Mine was submitted mid Aug, and in-person biometric on 10th Sept. And it's 5yr T2 dependent route. Many thanks!
Hi TuM1010, I think it is the same department for SET(O) and their dependents, not sure though. For SET(O) and dependants it is the fastest route in getting decision. According to my statistics, they seem to be done with March to June applicants (with may be v few exceptions) and they are currently reviewing July to September (latest reported in this forum was 21/09 got approval on 01/10). I would say expect the approval email anytime, you may get this today or in few days, few weeks or few months. Sorry if this did not help much. Good luck!
Thank you very much Ameline, it's useful information, fingers crossed!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:53 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

9th july

hahaha! I would if I could, but the dataset just isn't big enough for any sort of predictive modelling. That being said with UKVI/HO, you can't predict them, they predict you! :lol:
You guys made me laugh 😂 I wish we could use predictive data modelling but as ajitu92 said we have only small fraction of data. we are doing our best though to guess for pending and future applications.

sb314
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sb314 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi All,

I know many are still awaiting for new BRP/ extension approval.

I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything ..

submitted group application(myself, spouse and toddler) for ict 2 extension on Mar 24th..received an invite to submit photos on 5th sep and I submitted it on 9th September via idv.

I have not received any update till 6th of October.

is there anything I can do or just wait for an update HO.??

thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:02 pm

sb314 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 pm
Hi All,

I know many are still awaiting for new BRP/ extension approval.

I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything ..

submitted group application(myself, spouse and toddler) for ict 2 extension on Mar 24th..received an invite to submit photos on 5th sep and I submitted it on 9th September via idv.

I have not received any update till 6th of October.

is there anything I can do or just wait for an update HO.??

thanks
Since your 6 months are over, you may contact HO and ask for an update. Hopefully that should push your decision, if not, you may consider involving your MP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 pm

Ameline wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:53 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

Thank you @poper. My spreadsheet is now updated!

Are you doing predictive modelling? Members may be willing to pay you/Ameline given how uncertain things are
hahaha! I would if I could, but the dataset just isn't big enough for any sort of predictive modelling. That being said with UKVI/HO, you can't predict them, they predict you!
You guys made me laugh. I wish we could use predictive data modelling but as ajitu92 said we have only small fraction of data. we are doing our best though to guess for pending and future applications.
That's good, some humour is the only way we will all get through this torturous time and process :lol: Doing our best indeed, to try and inject at least some hope and pattern in this mess of muddled waters. And while it may not be perfect, guaranteed or great, it does seem to be holding up and showing some form of a pattern/progress. And while the dataset might not be big enough for anything more than educated guessing, at least weren't not trying to run something big like Test and Trace on excel :roll: :lol: 😂
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

maximus111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maximus111 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 am

maximus111 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 am
iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:47 pm
maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:50 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:04 am

Uploading on UKVCAS website would have been ideal. However, if caseworker is satisfied with the documents you sent directly, then may be you will be okay. If not, you should receive additional document request from case worker.
Thanks for the reply
Just thinking that if you don't want to take a chance and avoid potential delay, you might want to consider going for an appointment at an Enhanced centre where documents are scanned and uploaded in the price. But all depends on how much is your urgency and whether you are okay paying the price of appointments. Still won't be a guarantee of a quick decision though but all your documents will reach the caseworker and a potential back and forth could be avoided.
Thank you for the reply, I don’t have any urgent plans to go abroad or any issues with the job as I’m self employed. My solicitor sent all the supporting documents to the case worker so there isn’t any document that hasn’t been sent. Haste makes waste but I will leave it to my luck and wait for the reply from HO. Appreciate your response
Hi, I did IDV app submission on 26th of August and in person biometrics at Cardiff on 22nd of September as dual submissions were processed quicker but after waiting almost a month decided to go for dual but since then it looks like trend has changed. As I’m a 28th May Flr(m) applicant today I rang HO on 0300 123 2241 to ask for the status of my application. I didn’t request to escalate it but after verifying all my details he gave me a reference number and said I will get correspondence from HO in 10 days. I was wondering what does it mean as they always say at customer service they don’t have much information about the application so how he was so certain that they will contact me. It’s just when you wait for so long you start thinking negative about everything.

maximus111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maximus111 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:59 am

maximus111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 am
maximus111 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
maximus111 wrote:

Thanks for the reply
Just thinking that if you don't want to take a chance and avoid potential delay, you might want to consider going for an appointment at an Enhanced centre where documents are scanned and uploaded in the price. But all depends on how much is your urgency and whether you are okay paying the price of appointments. Still won't be a guarantee of a quick decision though but all your documents will reach the caseworker and a potential back and forth could be avoided.
Thank you for the reply, I don’t have any urgent plans to go abroad or any issues with the job as I’m self employed. My solicitor sent all the supporting documents to the case worker so there isn’t any document that hasn’t been sent. Haste makes waste but I will leave it to my luck and wait for the reply from HO. Appreciate your response
Hi, I did IDV app submission on 26th of August and in person biometrics at Cardiff on 22nd of September as dual submissions were processed quicker but after waiting almost a month decided to go for dual but since then it looks like trend has changed. As I’m a 28th May Flr(m) applicant today I rang HO on 0300 123 2241 to ask for the status of my application. I didn’t request to escalate it but after verifying all my details he gave me a reference number and said I will get correspondence from HO in 10 days. I was wondering what does it mean as they always say at customer service they don’t have much information about the application so how he was so certain that they will contact me. It’s just when you wait for so long you start thinking negative about everything.
Correction 28th of April applicant

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:57 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:04 pm
Ameline wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

Are you doing predictive modelling? Members may be willing to pay you/Ameline given how uncertain things are
hahaha! I would if I could, but the dataset just isn't big enough for any sort of predictive modelling. That being said with UKVI/HO, you can't predict them, they predict you!
You guys made me laugh. I wish we could use predictive data modelling but as ajitu92 said we have only small fraction of data. we are doing our best though to guess for pending and future applications.
That's good, some humour is the only way we will all get through this torturous time and process :lol: Doing our best indeed, to try and inject at least some hope and pattern in this mess of muddled waters. And while it may not be perfect, guaranteed or great, it does seem to be holding up and showing some form of a pattern/progress. And while the dataset might not be big enough for anything more than educated guessing, at least weren't not trying to run something big like Test and Trace on excel :roll: :lol: 😂
Good banter. One thing that gives me hope is that at least the system is not as broken and hopeless as the US Green Card system.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:48 am

maximus111 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 am
maximus111 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
maximus111 wrote:

Thanks for the reply
You don’t need to worry and think negatively. The call centre guys have nothing to do with your visa application. They are just a messengers, get your message and pass on to UKVI. It’s a stranded procedure for UKVI to respond to such queries. Chasing them won’t have a negative impact on your application as for as correct documentation are sent. All the best 👍🏼

khichi12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by khichi12 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:59 am

khichi12 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:58 pm
Applied for ILR Route: Set (O), Tier 2 General
Date application sent: 8/9/2020
Type of application: Standard
Payment debited: 8/9/2020
Documents uploaded on UKVCAS website: 8/9/2020
'Possible delay' email: 10/9/2020
Email received to use IDV / book UKVCAS appointment: 17/9/2020
IDV app used: None
Biometrics Enrolled: 24/9/2020 at 9:00AM, FREE SLOT at EXETER
UKVI DELAY NOTICE: 30/9/2020
Decision Letter Received: Waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting

people applied before/after me getting decisions, no luck for me. Dont know what to do.
Decision Letter Received: Decision Letter Received by email 07/10/2020 10:46 AM

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am

Hi Mate, I would really appreciate if anyone can help to see if there are still slots in either Southampton, Reading, Swindon or Guildford in Oct. I applied in early May and did IDV on 8 Sep. I was really wanting to rely on IDV but I am starting to worry as it has been more than 5 months since application and 1 month since IDV. I booked a slot at Croydon for next week but cancelled it yesterday as I would not be able to go. I could then only book a new slot on 2/11 but that is too long after to serve the dual submission purpose. If I cancelled this again to check availability myself, I will be risking losing this slot again. I am sorry to bother you but this booking system is completely opaque. Thank you in advance.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
poper wrote:

Having looked at the SET(LR) timeline on the forum now, I can see a couple of July applicants received decision. This is a sign of healthy progression or statistically said, SET(LR) is moving from "Regression to Tail" area to "Regression to Mean" :)

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:08 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

That's good, some humour is the only way we will all get through this torturous time and process :lol: Doing our best indeed, to try and inject at least some hope and pattern in this mess of muddled waters. And while it may not be perfect, guaranteed or great, it does seem to be holding up and showing some form of a pattern/progress. And while the dataset might not be big enough for anything more than educated guessing, at least weren't not trying to run something big like Test and Trace on excel
Having looked at the SET(LR) timeline on the forum now, I can see a couple of July applicants received decision. This is a sign of healthy progression or statistically said, SET(LR) is moving from "Regression to Tail" area to "Regression to Mean" :)
hehe, well put! Now, if only Sonic and the Flash heeded our calls to become Set (LR) case workers that "tail" would flip on it's head :lol:

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:33 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Ameline wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

I am telling you, there is spy here tell HO about SET LR delays. They have changed their ways. I applied on the 1st of August and hope to get decision soon. Good news!

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:41 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:33 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I am telling you, there is spy here tell HO about SET LR delays. They have changed their ways. I applied on the 1st of August and hope to get decision soon. Good news!
I pray so for you and applicants. I’m early August applicant too. And believe it or not, my UKVCAS appointment was fulfilled by on of my master students! So I asked him at the centre to take care of my application’s docs to be ukvi-compliant 😁

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm

kiss300 wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Ameline wrote:

I am the spy!!😎

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:49 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm
kiss300 wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:

I am the spy!!😎
haha, maybe we will see you in the upcoming James Bond film then @Luluokis29! In a stealthy cutscene with Immigrationboards open on the computer in the background :lol:

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm

tom88jerry wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:00 pm
I just rang to TNT and the staff said they haven't received any parcel to this address. How many days after the email from HO, you receive the tracking number?

I changed my address, so I have to contact TNT to redelivery.
It should come soon. My approval came on the 2/10/20 and BRP tracking email came from home office as well yesterday 6/10/20...

After u receive the consignment number from home office, u can ask for redelivery by calling FedEx/tnt
Last edited by Luluokis29 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:54 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:49 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm
kiss300 wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:

I am the spy!!😎
haha, maybe we will see you in the upcoming James Bond film then @Luluokis29! In a stealthy cutscene with Immigrationboards open on the computer in the background :lol:
Hahahaha
Just checking on everyone

Ur good news is imminent... Hang in there !

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Hops the spy can look at some SET (M)s from June *pretty Please*

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Dodiddone wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 am
Hi Mate, I would really appreciate if anyone can help to see if there are still slots in either Southampton, Reading, Swindon or Guildford in Oct. I applied in early May and did IDV on 8 Sep. I was really wanting to rely on IDV but I am starting to worry as it has been more than 5 months since application and 1 month since IDV. I booked a slot at Croydon for next week but cancelled it yesterday as I would not be able to go. I could then only book a new slot on 2/11 but that is too long after to serve the dual submission purpose. If I cancelled this again to check availability myself, I will be risking losing this slot again. I am sorry to bother you but this booking system is completely opaque. Thank you in advance.
Even if somebody told you about slots, it will be risky as appointments go fast. I had the same conversation with my solicitor yesterday and I think the risk outweighs the gain. Think it this way, you are close to 6 months from your application submission and a decision is imminent. Keep your current slot and wait ( I know its frustrating but hope for the best)