ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Travel History required for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

db666
United Kingdom

No Travel History required for ILR?

Post by db666 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi folks,

When I applied for my ILR last year after completing 5 years as Tier 2, I had to submit quite a few documents to my advisor like my 5 year travel history, my salary slips, my bank statements etc. My wife is now trying to apply online for her ILR (as my dependent) and it seems there is no requirement to submit any travel history or salary proof documents?

1. I'm just worried if we are filling the wrong form or the rules really have changed?

2. How would the government know that my wife earns the minimum requirement amount (35K)? Also is there a minimum bank balance requirement to ensure she gets her ILR?

3. Right now the form looks very simple and they require very few documents like NARIC, transcript, consent form, passport. Is that really it? :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: No Travel History required for ILR?

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:09 pm

db666 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:06 pm
Hi folks,

When I applied for my ILR last year after completing 5 years as Tier 2, I had to submit quite a few documents to my advisor like my 5 year travel history, my salary slips, my bank statements etc. My wife is now trying to apply online for her ILR (as my dependent) and it seems there is no requirement to submit any travel history or salary proof documents?

1. I'm just worried if we are filling the wrong form or the rules really have changed?

2. How would the government know that my wife earns the minimum requirement amount (35K)? Also is there a minimum bank balance requirement to ensure she gets her ILR?

3. Right now the form looks very simple and they require very few documents like NARIC, transcript, consent form, passport. Is that really it? :shock:
She is applying as a Tier 2 dependent(you are the main Tier 2 so (2) applied for you only). She does not need (2). Only (3) Plus last 2 years cohabitation documents and Life in UK.
She will apply on SET(O).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Plus there is no absence limit for PBS dependents if the leave was granted before 11th Jan 2018.

For PBS dependents the requirements are pretty simple and straightforward.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

db666
United Kingdom

Post by db666 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Thank you for the clarifications!