ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Category A qualification

Post by AA19 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Hello,

I have been working for my current employer for 7 months now and my annual salary is well above the threshold. However, my total earnings during the past 7 months are below £18,600 and I wanted to know if I would qualify for category A?

Do I need to have earned already £18,600 during my employment with current employer please?

Anyone know what the time scale for priority is currently for Bangladesh please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Category A qualification

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:45 am

It is 6 months payslips that is required so if you have earned equivalent of £9,300 in the last 6 months then you qualify to sponsor your spouse under category A.
You need to have earned 9,300 in the last 6months with your current employer.
Priority service is currently suspended for visa applications.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 am

AA19 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:17 pm
Hello,

I have been working for my current employer for 7 months now and my annual salary is well above the threshold. However, my total earnings during the past 7 months are below £18,600 and I wanted to know if I would qualify for category A?

Do I need to have earned already £18,600 during my employment with current employer please?

Anyone know what the time scale for priority is currently for Bangladesh please?
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement:
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 August, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ivate-life
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:34 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:45 am
It is 6 months payslips that is required so if you have earned equivalent of £9,300 in the last 6 months then you qualify to sponsor your spouse under category A.
You need to have earned 9,300 in the last 6months with your current employer.
Priority service is currently suspended for visa applications.
Thank you so much.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:39 pm

Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement:
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 August, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ivate-life
[/quote]

Thanks Seagul, you helped me a lot with my previous queries in the past and I really appreciate it.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi all,

Sorry, please can I check if the scanning places are open in the UK for submitting evidence and will I need to book an appointment? I could not find any links. I sww you can post to Birmingham but I'd rather scan at one of the centres myself.

The other question is when submitting photographic evidence, do they need to be dated and how can I date then as when you print them they don't have a date when it was taken? Also, please tell me how many photos should be sufficient?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:50 pm

AA19 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi all,

Sorry, please can I check if the scanning places are open in the UK for submitting evidence and will I need to book an appointment? I could not find any links. I sww you can post to Birmingham but I'd rather scan at one of the centres myself.
Contact them

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/contact-us
AA19 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm
The other question is when submitting photographic evidence, do they need to be dated and how can I date then as when you print them they don't have a date when it was taken? Also, please tell me how many photos should be sufficient?
Nothing is printed and despatch by post anywhere rather all documents are scanned, uploaded and sent by ukvcas or local vfs centre. Photographic evidences such as wedding pictures as part of subsisting relationship evidence can be dated & timed with a app which are quite a lot available.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Thank you again seagul

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi guye, my bank says they can only give me 3 months statement in branch which will show branch print time and date (alternative to stamping).

I need 6 month and i have already requested 12 months that were posted but no print date, only issue date like for April statement issue April.

Would the 3 months be fine for within 28days date and I supply other 3 months as normal?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:44 pm

AA19 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Hi guye, my bank says they can only give me 3 months statement in branch which will show branch print time and date (alternative to stamping).

I need 6 month and i have already requested 12 months that were posted but no print date, only issue date like for April statement issue April.

Would the 3 months be fine for within 28days date and I supply other 3 months as normal?
Statement sent through the post are accepted and no stamp is needed.

You need bank statements for the periods you are relying upon so ask the bank to send you last 6 months bank statements and your most recent of them must not be older than 28 days old prior before submitting your application online.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:54 pm

AA19 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Yes

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks seagul, I have managed to get them printed online which showed the print date and had them stamped at Lloyds branch.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am

Hi all, I've done the online application and I've selected self-upload for evidence but it's a bit temperamental, won't let me log in.

Can I change it so I can book a scanning place instead?

My second question is, the check-list says to not sign it until my wife is at the application centre for her appointment so we should only submit a non-signed check list with evidence and she takes a copy to her appointment to sign in front of them at the bio appointment?

PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS I'VE BOOKED FOR BIO.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:18 pm

AA19 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am
Hi all, I've done the online application and I've selected self-upload for evidence but it's a bit temperamental, won't let me log in.

Can I change it so I can book a scanning place instead?
Try again; it might be better to self-upload.

Should you choose to however, you could purchase, if available, a package that so they can scan your documents. Or pay at the centre.
My second question is, the check-list says to not sign it until my wife is at the application centre for her appointment so we should only submit a non-signed check list with evidence and she takes a copy to her appointment to sign in front of them at the bio appointment?

PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS I'VE BOOKED FOR BIO.
Yes. Just follow the instructions.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:23 am

Hi Korekt, thank you for the reply.

I think because we selected apply from outside the UK it only allows for the 3 options (self upload, Posting to Birmingham and Application Centre Bangladesh) on vfs global and not UKVCAS.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi All, sorry I have another question.

I am supplying call logs for my wife's application so on WhatsApp for example shows her name instead of mine as it's from my phone, is that okay?

The other question is I am submitting documents via VFS Global as my wife is Bangladeshi, I have opted for self scan (at home) rather then post to it Birmingham is that okay and if I am not able to scan it before the bio appointment, can I post it to Birmingham?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:30 pm

AA19 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:50 pm
Hi All, sorry I have another question.

I am supplying call logs for my wife's application so on WhatsApp for example shows her name instead of mine as it's from my phone, is that okay? She will go into profile to show her name and number while you also do same for your WhatsApp to close the two ends of communication of from who to whom.

The other question is I am submitting documents via VFS Global as my wife is Bangladeshi, I have opted for self scan (at home) rather then post to it Birmingham is that okay and if I am not able to scan it before the bio appointment, can I post it to Birmingham?

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 am

Thanks AmazonianX, I've done that.

Please can I ask all, about self upload document on VFS. Which section should I upload photos, chats and accommodation proofs in?

*Consent Letters and Proof of
Relationship
This Includes: Sponsor Letter from Parents,
Custody/Court Letters, Birth Certificate, Household
Register, Child Consent Letters, Child
Accommodation Arrangements, Marriage Certificate*

*Accommodation - Permanent /
Temporary

Choose file *

*Sponsor Evidence
This Includes: Sponsor Passport/ID Documents,
Invitation Letter, Guarantee/Support Letter, Sponsor
Financial Documents, Sponsor Proof of
Accommodation*

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:40 am

Upload to the section heading closest to what is being uploaded. The important thing is that all documents to meet the requirements are uploaded.

Have a look here to give you some idea.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:19 am

AA19 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 am
Thanks AmazonianX, I've done that.

Please can I ask all, about self upload document on VFS. Which section should I upload photos, chats and accommodation proofs in?

*Consent Letters and Proof of
Relationship
This Includes: Sponsor Letter from Parents,
Custody/Court Letters, Birth Certificate, Household
Register, Child Consent Letters, Child
Accommodation Arrangements, Marriage Certificate*

*Accommodation - Permanent /
Temporary

Choose file *

*Sponsor Evidence
This Includes: Sponsor Passport/ID Documents,
Invitation Letter, Guarantee/Support Letter, Sponsor
Financial Documents, Sponsor Proof of
Accommodation*
There is no strict adherence to the categorisation of upload. You will observe that some documents even appears fitting more than one or two of the stated categories.
Important is to ensure that all pertinent document in support of the application is uploaded and where possible that you have a cover letter, list all such documents in it and the scan and upload cover letter too.
Wish you successful outcome.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AA19 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 pm

Thanks AmazonianX

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa

Post by AA19 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm

Visa Category : Settlement (Spouse) - Non-Priority

Application submitted online: 06/10/2020

Online Documents Submitted at VFS:12/10/2020

Biometrics enrolled at VFS Sylhet: 13/10/2020

Confirmation text of application dispatched to UK VISA for processing: 13/10/2020

Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : NO

Applicant contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : YES

Email received asking for further documents (Marriage certificate, English Language, TB - already submitted before): 02/12/2020

Emailed (Sheffield office) requested documents again: 03/12/2020

SMS from VFS- application ready for collection: 22/12/2020

Passport Collection made : 22/12/2020

Visa Approval Status: Approved Alhamdullilah

Thank you everyone for your help specially to Seagul, CR001 and AmazonianX.

AA19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by AA19 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:26 pm

I must also mention Korekt and Toddmat. Thank you all!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:39 am

Congrats!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 am

AA19 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:16 pm
Visa Category : Settlement (Spouse) - Non-Priority

Application submitted online: 06/10/2020

Online Documents Submitted at VFS:12/10/2020

Biometrics enrolled at VFS Sylhet: 13/10/2020

Confirmation text of application dispatched to UK VISA for processing: 13/10/2020

Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : NO

Applicant contacted by UKVI (if applicable) : YES

Email received asking for further documents (Marriage certificate, English Language, TB - already submitted before): 02/12/2020

Emailed (Sheffield office) requested documents again: 03/12/2020

SMS from VFS- application ready for collection: 22/12/2020

Passport Collection made : 22/12/2020

Visa Approval Status: Approved Alhamdullilah

Thank you everyone for your help specially to Seagul, CR001 and AmazonianX.
Congratulations 👏 on your success.