ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 am

Photo on BRP via IDV only: Old photo in their system, IDV is for identification only.

Photo on BRP via Appointment or dual submission: New photo taken at UKVCAS. If its the old photo, then IDV worked in case dual submission.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 am

klownking wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 am
Just got this response from HO when I asked for the application update.

Code: Select all

The application is still in progress and the information submitted via the IDV app will be reviewed.
The applications are being worked in date order.
I am afraid we cannot give a time scale at this stage.
Did you get this after calling UKVI below?

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 123 2241

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am

damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 am
klownking wrote:

The application is still in progress and the information submitted via the IDV app will be reviewed.

No, I sent email to this address : worksponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:35 am

Pat01 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:19 am
I received the ILR approval email at 10.42 this morning from the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk. SET (M) application decisions seem to have been very slow in coming - mine has taken 5 months and 1 week since the original application date of 1st May 2020.

I used the IDV app on 27 August 2020, and then did an in-person biometrics submission in Croydon 4 weeks later (23rd September). I'll be interested to see which photo they use for the BRP, IDV app or Croydon photo.

I also made a submission to the call for evidence by the Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration for his inspection of Home Office/UKVI and its partners' "front end services" before the closing date last week. I drew attention to misinformation provided, including screenshots as corroboration:

Misleading information on the UKVCAS web site, e.g.

19 Sept 2020 UKVCAS web site:

“UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application.” This never happened and this message has subsequently disappeared!

24 Sept 2020 UKVCAS web site:

“UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.” ...which is demonstrably untrue, as SET (M) decisions came very slowly compared to other categories and even then not in order of application/registration date.
Congratulations, really happy to see a SET (M) approval from as early as May

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 am
Photo on BRP via IDV only: Old photo in their system, IDV is for identification only.

Photo on BRP via Appointment or dual submission: New photo taken at UKVCAS. If its the old photo, then IDV worked in case dual submission.
Thanks CULLINAN!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:41 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:35 am
Pat01 wrote:
I received the ILR approval email at 10.42 this morning from the email address UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk. SET (M) application decisions seem to have been very slow in coming - mine has taken 5 months and 1 week since the original application date of 1st May 2020.

I used the IDV app on 27 August 2020, and then did an in-person biometrics submission in Croydon 4 weeks later (23rd September). I'll be interested to see which photo they use for the BRP, IDV app or Croydon photo.

I also made a submission to the call for evidence by the Chief Inspector of Borders & Immigration for his inspection of Home Office/UKVI and its partners' "front end services" before the closing date last week. I drew attention to misinformation provided, including screenshots as corroboration:

“UKVI will send updates to customers with an application in progress over the next 2 weeks to let you know what’s happening with your application.” This never happened and this message has subsequently disappeared!

“UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order. This means that your case will be dealt with by UKVI based on the date of your registration with UKVI/UKVCAS.” ...which is demonstrably untrue, as SET (M) decisions came very slowly compared to other categories and even then not in order of application/registration date.
Congratulations, really happy to see a SET (M) approval from as early as May
Yeah there were no single SET(M) approval reported in this forum for the last 2 days.

Congratulations Pat01!! You have been waiting for months!
Last edited by Ameline on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 am

klownking wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am
damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 am
klownking wrote:

No, I sent email to this address : worksponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk
ok.

I'm awaiting FLR(M) outcome, 5th August Application submission, 10th September IDV app submission.
I also wanted to contact UKVI to see what the progress is with my application and to confirm UKVI have received my biometrics from the IDV app.

Any body knows if there is an email address for FLR(M), if not I shall call them.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Just curious,

Settlement application staandard response time says 6 months
Extension flr m, flr fp says 8 weeks from the date of application.

Does that mean people who have applied for extension can ask ukvi what's happening if they don't hear anything from ukvi after 8 weeks.

Ashwin_18
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashwin_18 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:16 pm
Ashwin_18 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:14 pm
I submitted my Set(O) T2G application on the 13th of September. Went for the standard procedure as that was the only existing option. i have also uploaded and submitted my documents in UKVCAS website on the 13th of Sep. Can i book for an appointment on the 21 of September. As new applicants from Sep 5 wont be receiving invites for IDV app does it mean the wait time is now reduced and we are able to book an appointment quicker.
Could someone explain please ? How does this work ?
Yes. You can book an appointment from 21st Sep. Even if you have already uploaded and submitted documents, you still have to attend an appointment to submit your biometrics.
My application is successful. just received an email :) :)
T2G Set(O)
Application submitted : 13 Sep
Documents uploaded & submitted in UKVCAS website : 13 Sep
Payment Debited : 14 Sep
Email received regarding IDV App : 23 Sep
In-Person Biometric Appointment : 5 Oct (Dingwall road,Croydon) - £110
Decision Email received : 8 Oct (application Successful)
BRP card received : Waiting

My sincere thanks to Cullinan and all other member's who actively contribute valuable information in this forum. you guys are the best . God bless !!

Good luck to all the applicants.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Congarts Ashwin_18!! 🥳
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 pm

Pat01 wrote:

Many thanks for the valuable information and observations. Can't agree more. Thank you for submitting a query to the Chief Inspector... At least someone has highlighted this.

I thought all Set applicants are receiving approval from Atlas UKVI home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk never seen UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk Many thanks for sharing.

james8943
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by james8943 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Pat01 wrote:

We applied exactly the same day, 1st May - gone through all the steps up to the IDV app but not booked the in person biometrics. Have many people not doing the (optional!) appointment had a reply?

Pages of comments here, I think I've only seen success when people have gone for that in person appointment!

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm

james8943 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:55 pm
Pat01 wrote:

We applied exactly the same day, 1st May - gone through all the steps up to the IDV app but not booked the in person biometrics. Have many people not doing the (optional!) appointment had a reply?

Pages of comments here, I think I've only seen success when people have gone for that in person appointment!
What is your SET category so you can get a better help?

james8943
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by james8943 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm
james8943 wrote:
Pat01 wrote:

Sorry, yes - this might be slightly different. It's a spousal extension but the stages followed by the poster above are identical to ours in terms of dates, except we haven't done the in-person biometrics, assuming doing them on the app would be equally quick. Thanks

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot Cullinan for your advice. I've received the BRP to my old address finally. As expected, it has the picture taken at physical appointment.

But I couldn't get any details when I check with new BRP number on UK right to work page. I'm getting "The details entered do not match our records" error even though I've entered correct details. And my old BRP still showing the earlier details. Not sure, if everyone has the same issue.

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:47 am
@rk90470

Good luck. Hope your BRP is delivered soon. Keep us posted.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:14 pm

james8943 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Ameline wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm
james8943 wrote:
Pat01 wrote:

Sorry, yes - this might be slightly different. It's a spousal extension but the stages followed by the poster above are identical to ours in terms of dates, except we haven't done the in-person biometrics, assuming doing them on the app would be equally quick. Thanks
In total only 4 people SET(M) have reported receiving approval using only IDV, round 13 SET(O) and over 4 people SET(LR), 1 Tier 4 Student... There are quite few.

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Post by Chims1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello guys my application for FLR M has just been approved via email. I applied on 20 April received reuse email on 3 July and the invitation to use IDV app on 24 August and submitted via app on 27 August. I decided to book in-person appointment on 28 September and decision made 19 days later. I strongly think dual submission will speed things up and if you can get a are free appointment go for it.

Good luck to all those still waiting

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:34 pm

rk90470 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:09 pm
Thanks a lot Cullinan for your advice. I've received the BRP to my old address finally. As expected, it has the picture taken at physical appointment.

But I couldn't get any details when I check with new BRP number on UK right to work page. I'm getting "The details entered do not match our records" error even though I've entered correct details. And my old BRP still showing the earlier details. Not sure, if everyone has the same issue.
As long you have the new BRP, ignore the highlighted.

rkbadineni

Post by rkbadineni » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:49 pm

HI Guys,

Today I have Received APPROVAL email for my dependents (wife & daughter) set(o) application.
I have applied on 26th JUN and Biometrics given through IDV app on 7th SEP and Approval email
received today 8th OCT . we have not done the in-person biometrics.

T2G Set(O)
Application submitted: 26 JUN
Documents uploaded & submitted in UKVCAS website: 26 JUN
Email received regarding IDV App: 4th SEP
Date Selfie& Travel Doc Submitted via IDV App: 7th SEP
In-Person Biometric Appointment: NO, my solicitor not rerecommended for dual submission
Received Email from case worker for more cohabitation evidence – 6th OCT
Decision Email received: 8 Oct (application Successful)
BRP card received: Waiting

Thanks to everyone on this forum and good luck.

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi,

I have already submitted my biometrics via IDV on 8th Sep (App date 11 Aug). However, after over 8 weeks of no response, I have finally booked an in person appointment for tomorrow(£111). I can see there are documents already uploaded on UKVCAS website. So, what all documents do I actually need to take tomorrow for the appointment ? And is there anything else that I need to upload. Please advise.

Thanks.

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:40 pm

All,

Need help. I am reporting a lost BRP. What is the earliest in person appointment I can book at croydon or nearby.

TIA

SS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:41 pm

Surbhit87 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:40 pm
All,

Need help. I am reporting a lost BRP. What is the earliest in person appointment I can book at croydon or nearby.

TIA

Surinder Singh route
What is the visa expiry duration on your lost BRP? Do you have a copy?

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi guys,

Update:
I received BRP today with old pics from previous. In my case, it is safe to say dual submission didn't work. I also noticed the expiry date is 2024 as opposed to 10 years validity (not that it matters).

butchikMD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)n

Post by butchikMD » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:23 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi,

I have already submitted my biometrics via IDV on 8th Sep (App date 11 Aug). However, after over 8 weeks of no response, I have finally booked an in person appointment for tomorrow(£111). I can see there are documents already uploaded on UKVCAS website. So, what all documents do I actually need to take tomorrow for the appointment ? And is there anything else that I need to upload. Please advise.

Thanks.
I attended appointment yesterday at HM Passport Office in London Victoria. Only the appointment letter and passport were asked from me. But I brought copy of all requirements in my checklist just in case.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:22 pm
Hi guys,

Update:
I received BRP today with old pics from previous. In my case, it is safe to say dual submission didn't work. I also noticed the expiry date is 2024 as opposed to 10 years validity (not that it matters).
Validity for ILR “card” is till 2024. You will need to renew the “card” after that if you do not plan to become a British Citizen. Its like renewing a driving license.
Most Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) that do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology are required by the EU to have a validity date of no later than 31 December 2024.