ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Re: UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:00 am

We will say we could not find available bookings as available appointments were getting booked up.

I don't think it's compulsory to have valid passport as there is an option on the application saying is your passport valid or not.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Re: UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

Post by hussain1988 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 am

I have just checked the ukvcas websites it's says

Alternative forms of ID include, but are not limited to, government issued photographic ID such as
UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional), national ID cards, expired (but not cancelled)
passports and biometric residence permits. If you do not have alternative photographic ID, please
bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status
document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate.

Just in case going to take immigration status document from the last time she was granted limited leave for 2.5 years

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:12 am
I have just checked the ukvcas websites it's says

Alternative forms of ID include, but are not limited to, government issued photographic ID such as
UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional), national ID cards, expired (but not cancelled)
passports and biometric residence permits. If you do not have alternative photographic ID, please
bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status
document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate.

Just in case going to take immigration status document from the last time she was granted limited leave for 2.5 years
It does also say that this is applicable if your current or expired passport is with ukvi.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi guys

I would like to know that I have lost my phone which had all the documents scanned on. now I'm going to rescan the documents for printing i don't remember which months of the mobile bills I uploaded I know the years I'm going to print every mobile bill till my last date and they will cross check it with what I have uploaded if it matches and will have the opportunity to uploaded them if I wish.

Only piece of document I'm missing is proof of employment which was uploaded I seem to have lost the document which I cant find at home.

When my wife goes with all the docuements for her biometrics they will verify documents I have uploaded then the rest should if she want can have them uploaded to.

On her last application my proof of employment letter was not given just my payslips.

What does that mean now if they see if the proof of employment letter is not there they will delete the uploaded proof of employment letter which I uploaded then push through all the other paper works through.

Plus I changed networks if it's possible to get my mobile bills

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:08 pm
Hi guys

I would like to know that I have lost my phone which had all the documents scanned on.
Check your account on Google drive where most often the data gets saved by default of android device users.
hussain1988 wrote:

When my wife goes with all the docuements for her biometrics they will verify document
Most often not if their documents checking service hasn't been purchased.
hussain1988 wrote:
On her last application my proof of employment letter was not given just my payslips.
Not sure as how had that worked previously? But this time it would be mandatory.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 pm

I don't get this what do you mean document checking service you said Most often not if their documents checking service hasn't been purchased.

I have not purchased any documents checking service its a free appointment I booked do I still need to take all my documents that I have uploaded or not I'm confused as its on the server they just have to push it through home office thats all and have the documents ready just in case something goes wrong while sending it through the home office right.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 pm
I don't get this what do you mean document checking service you said Most often not if their documents checking service hasn't been purchased.

I have not purchased any documents checking service its a free appointment I booked do I still need to take all my documents that I have uploaded or not I'm confused as its on the server they just have to push it through home office thats all and have the documents ready just in case something goes wrong while sending it through the home office right.
Best practice is to take the original documents but mostly nobody gets asked these. In now a days new ukvi app is coming in more use where everything can be uploaded without booking any appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Thanks for clarifying I see they ask to take original documents but they do not check as it would take ages for them to check they only ask this to take original documents just in case there is a problem sending the documents through to home office that's already uploaded to be re uploaded again.

Thanks I just got worried as I have lost my phone that had all the documents that was uploaded but I have originals and online billing statements.

I just want to ask as my wife passport is expired I will take official home office papers that she was granted limited leave last time which has her details on it as a form of ID does she take her expired passport with her too just in case cause of covid they know there is a delay in getting a new passport as her passport is Bangladesh.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:54 am

My wife went to give her biometrics we took all the original documents they did not ask to see them as the uploaded files where good not blurry.

On the website uk gov immigration website it said to give biometrics by 31st of August as this did not happen due to non availability of bookings at the time in July then only paid ones where available I waited when the free one was available I quickly just booked it as the free bookings get booked up fast.

Would there be any problems snice is covid they are limiting the free bookings to maintain social distancing or you pay for a booking that's what is mostly available.

I know people are struggling to get free booking appointment they do have free booking they get booked up fast very fast.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:36 am

hussain1988 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:54 am
My wife went to give her biometrics we took all the original documents they did not ask to see them as the uploaded files where good not blurry.

On the website uk gov immigration website it said to give biometrics by 31st of August as this did not happen due to non availability of bookings at the time in July then only paid ones where available I waited when the free one was available I quickly just booked it as the free bookings get booked up fast. What date are you booked for now?

Would there be any problems snice is covid they are limiting the free bookings to maintain social distancing or you pay for a booking that's what is mostly available. There should be no problem as HO is aware of the phased openings of UKVCAS and the struggles to get appointments.

I know people are struggling to get free booking appointment they do have free booking they get booked up fast very fast.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Biometrics was done on 3rd of September 2020 it wasn't busy she was out in 15min

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi guys

My wife has been granted a further 30 months of limited leave on her 3rd extention.

One thing I was supprised to see on the decision letter that You have been granted limited leave to remain with access to public funds.
This means that your Biometric Residence Permit will not show a restriction
preventing you accessing public funds as part of your conditions of stay in the
UK.

I don't know if people are getting restrictions lifted cause of covid or is it cause I work for NHS don't think so it won't make it fair for other people even tho my wife won't be on any kind of benefits as I'm working that means she won't be eligible for any benefits I only work part time earn more then what universal credit gives.

My wife did have no access to public funds on her previous extension.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm

One thing I was supprised to see on the decision letter that You have been granted limited leave to remain with access to public funds.
You will also notice that decision letter will manifestly be spotlighting that this letter shouldn't be misconstrued over your actual entitlement/obligations as will be embedded on the actual BRP card.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am

I wonder if other people are getting no recourse to public funds lifted like my wife on the same route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 am
I wonder if other people are getting no recourse to public funds lifted like my wife on the same route.
Nobody has yet reported similar prodigy which most likely wont be the case unless there has been a real error/mistake occurred. Just report us upon receiving the BRP card.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 pm

My wife received her brp card after 15 days we just waited then the usual 10 days from dated letter 21st September.

Upon receiving the brp card at the back of the card where it says remarks its blank for some reason thought it would say recourse to public funds permitted someone like that.

Is people getting there no recourse to public fund lifted on the 10 year route to ilr im confused is it because of the situation virus.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:37 pm