ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Chims1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Just take your passport and biometric. Its advisable to carry all your supporting documents incase they have to scan anything that didn't scan properly. They had to scan my passport again as I had uploaded it in the wrong category. You should be done in 10 mins max. Good luck

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:41 pm
Surbhit87 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:40 pm
All,

Need help. I am reporting a lost BRP. What is the earliest in person appointment I can book at croydon or nearby.

TIA

Surinder Singh route
What is the visa expiry duration on your lost BRP? Do you have a copy?
No, Visa expires more than 3 months from today , I don't have a brp copy. It was infact a replacement BRP for my lost BRP but it never got delivered. Do we know what is the wait time for Biometrics appointment now?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Surbhit87 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Surbhit87 wrote:
All,

Need help. I am reporting a lost BRP. What is the earliest in person appointment I can book at croydon or nearby.

TIA

Surinder Singh route
No, Visa expires more than 3 months from today , I don't have a brp copy. It was infact a replacement BRP for my lost BRP but it never got delivered. Do we know what is the wait time for Biometrics appointment now?
Biometrics are back to normal now. No wait. But depends on availability (free vs paid appointments/location etc).

You should wait. It can take 10 working days or a little more before reporting it lost though.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)n

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm

butchikMD wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:23 pm
indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02 pm
Hi,

I have already submitted my biometrics via IDV on 8th Sep (App date 11 Aug). However, after over 8 weeks of no response, I have finally booked an in person appointment for tomorrow(£111). I can see there are documents already uploaded on UKVCAS website. So, what all documents do I actually need to take tomorrow for the appointment ? And is there anything else that I need to upload. Please advise.

Thanks.
I attended appointment yesterday at HM Passport Office in London Victoria. Only the appointment letter and passport were asked from me. But I brought copy of all requirements in my checklist just in case.
Hi When you tried to book, were the slots readily available or do we have a scene where there are no slots for months together.

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm
Surbhit87 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Surbhit87 wrote:
All,

TIA

Surinder Singh route
Biometrics are back to normal now. No wait. But depends on availability (free vs paid appointments/location etc).

You should wait. It can take 10 working days or a little more before reporting it lost though.
Thank you Sir, Much appreciated. But do you know if the slots are available for something within 7 days or I might get a slot for a far off day?

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Post by Chims1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi,

I have already submitted my biometrics via IDV on 8th Sep (App date 11 Aug). However, after over 8 weeks of no response, I have finally booked an in person appointment for tomorrow(£111). I can see there are documents already uploaded on UKVCAS website. So, what all documents do I actually need to take tomorrow for the appointment ? And is there anything else that I need to upload. Please advise.

Thanks.
Just take your passport and biometric. Its advisable to carry all your supporting documents incase they have to scan anything that didn't scan properly. They had to scan my passport again as I had uploaded it in the wrong category. You should be done in 10 mins max. Good luck

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:37 pm

@Surbit87
Thank you Sir, Much appreciated. But do you know if the slots are available for something within 7 days or I might get a slot for a far off day?
Not necessarily unless you plan to travel to other locations and pay hefty amount for premium lounges. Plus it can take longer for a replacement to be issued again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:37 pm
@Surbit87
Not necessarily unless you plan to travel to other locations and pay hefty amount for premium lounges. Plus it can take longer for a replacement to be issued again.
Ok the last BRP was supposedly delivered (as per the tracking id) within 7 days of biometrics. It has been 1 month since it shows delivered and I have reached out to HM and UKVI, they advised to report it as lost.

butchikMD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by butchikMD » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Surbhit87 wrote:
butchikMD wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
I attended appointment yesterday at HM Passport Office in London Victoria. Only the appointment letter and passport were asked from me. But I brought copy of all requirements in my checklist just in case.
Hi When you tried to book, were the slots readily available or do we have a scene where there are no slots for months together.
The appointment yesterday was for free and I booked that 2 weeks ago. It was the earliest free appointment I could get in London. There were paid for appointments within the week and even the following day at that time. There’s 4 of us in the application so no longer willing to add more to the hefty fees...

Surbhit87
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhit87 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:07 pm

butchikMD wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:54 pm
Surbhit87 wrote:
butchikMD wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
The appointment yesterday was for free and I booked that 2 weeks ago. It was the earliest free appointment I could get in London. There were paid for appointments within the week and even the following day at that time. There’s 4 of us in the application so no longer willing to add more to the hefty fees...
Thanks that is very reassuring

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Another user reporting on Twitter that UKVI saying they have not received biometrics after user escalated, the user then sent proof and they said we will now progress case, the individual submitted in person biometrics on 28th Sept, appalling.

Pretty sure delays are because of biometrics mess up or poor handling/transfer from UKVCAS to UKVI, as there are multiple users on Twitter that have reported the same

Dodiddone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dodiddone » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:28 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 pm
Another user reporting on Twitter that UKVI saying they have not received biometrics after user escalated, the user then sent proof and they said we will now progress case, the individual submitted in person biometrics on 28th Sept, appalling.

Pretty sure delays are because of biometrics mess up or poor handling/transfer from UKVCAS to UKVI, as there are multiple users on Twitter that have reported the same
From public health point of view, I hope UKVI can speed up their processing procedures and shorten the time needed for liveness check and to encourage use of IDV while Covid cases are increasing. I am interested to see if they are still going to limit IDV use for Tier 4 only when government is reacting to Covid development.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:24 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:22 pm
Hi guys,

Update:
I received BRP today with old pics from previous. In my case, it is safe to say dual submission didn't work. I also noticed the expiry date is 2024 as opposed to 10 years validity (not that it matters).
Validity for ILR “card” is till 2024. You will need to renew the “card” after that if you do not plan to become a British Citizen. Its like renewing a driving license.
Most Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) that do not incorporate the next generation of encryption technology are required by the EU to have a validity date of no later than 31 December 2024.

Thanks ever so much Cullinan. I am not really worried because I am already in the process of applying for naturalisation anyway as hubby is British.

Goodluck to all still waiting!
Stay safe everyone.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:21 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:57 pm

In person biometrics and they weren't submitted?? Oh now I'm really worried :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Since this question is repeatedly asked, for new applicants/readers:
The best approach is to self-submit documents to UKVI via UKVCAS even before biometrics and benefit from the new feature which was launched on 10th July. You can only benefit from this option up to 48 hours before your appointment. You can add any more documents at your appointment if need be.

After you self-submit, no physical documents are needed at the appointment. However carry all originals only. No need to print and carry soft copies. Original passport and appointment confirmation is mandatory only.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 pm

I did ftf appointment few days ago

Does ‘ukvi’ send any Confirmation for receiving the bio?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:28 pm

No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:46 pm

FYI new applicants:
What is the benefit of self-submission of documents?

Well this option was introduced on 10th July to rescue applicants caught up due to the corona pandemic and backlogs with UKVI/UKVCAS.

10th July onwards, all applicants were able to submit documents directly to UKVI even before biometrics.

Previously, applicants had to wait months to attend biometrics so it helped them. Possible interim decisions were made even before biometrics and many decisions sped up after applicants submitted biometrics.

For new applicants, you can benefit from self-submission or let the staff submit for you at the appointment itself. The benefit for you is little compared to earlier applicants who had to wait months for biometrics but still its a good approach to follow. You can still save the time between your application date and biometrics date if you self-submit.

Also, after self-submission of documents, its less hassle at the appointment, you spend less time and provide your biometrics only.

PS: You can self-submit only once (up to 48 hours before your appointment only). However, any extra/missed documents can be uploaded later on (before biometrics) and submitted at the appointment by the staff at no extra cost.

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

No

Thanks man

I hope ftf bio submissions don’t go missing like idv app😄

irfan20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by irfan20 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:23 am

Application Type : FLR(M) Extension
Application Submitted online on: 12/05/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: IDV - HO sent email asking facial image 27/08/20 , submitted on same day
Inperson submission: No
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Yes, via email on 09/06/2020, send on same day
Decision Email: waiting
Decision Letter Received on: waiting
BRP Card Received on: Waiting...
Decision: waiting

Wondering is there anyone else in this group waiting for decision since may? or is there anyone who have received the desicion from similer timeline and had only use IDV app?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:34 am

@irfan20

Why did you not test your luck via dual submission since you have been waiting from May? I would suggest to look for a free appointment and submit biometrics in person also. It may or may not help but worth trying.

irfan20
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by irfan20 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:34 am
@irfan20

Why did you not test your luck via dual submission since you have been waiting from May? I would suggest to look for a free appointment and submit biometrics in person also. It may or may not help but worth trying.
Thanks for reply CULLINAN, I had no rush and was happy to wait thats why never look for f2f appoitment but now thinking about it.

also just wana to know if there are other people in same situation like me or i am the only one.. lol

Fcjl22
China

Post by Fcjl22 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am

I got my approval email on 2nd Oct. TNT send an email saying they will delivery my brp on 8th. and they push it back to 9th and now 12th. And their depot is a few miles away from my house. Customer service is completely inresponsive and useless. Can't believe that UKVI can't even find an ok courier. They fired DX and now this TNT is even worse.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am

Fcjl22 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am
I got my approval email on 2nd Oct. TNT send an email saying they will delivery my brp on 8th. and they push it back to 9th and now 12th. And their depot is a few miles away from my house. Customer service is completely inresponsive and useless. Can't believe that UKVI can't even find an ok courier. They fired DX and now this TNT is even worse.
Worth taking a trip to the depot. Carry an official ID. I collected my ILR BRP from the depot.