ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jameswilliamson6544
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:09 am

Saw this personal opinion of a member in a private Facebook group:
A caseworker needs Biometrics in your current case file to proceed. Some caseworker will pre-assess the application while some won't.

If you have been chosen for biometric reuse, then after you submit your facial image through IDV App; your biometrics from old case file are put in a queue to be injected in your new case file. This queue is 3-4 weeks long.

When you attend an in-person UKVCAS appointment, your biometrics are immediately available to your current case file.

By doing in-person appointment, you are saving yourself time it takes to move biometrics from old file to new one - which can be around 3-4 weeks.

However whether you will get quick decision or not depends on whether your application was pre-assessed prior to biometric submission.
This makes sense as to why people get quicker decisions from in-person appointment and not via IDV App. Although UKVCAS maybe sending data to UKVI within 24 hours, but what happens with data is different:

In-Person Data - straight to current case file
IDV App Data - put old biometrics in queue for injection into current case file

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 am

Also point to note:
However whether you will get quick decision or not depends on whether your application was pre-assessed prior to biometric submission
Which means if your enquiries are outstanding or not...
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:14 am

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:09 am
Saw this personal opinion of a member in a private Facebook group:
A caseworker needs Biometrics in your current case file to proceed. Some caseworker will pre-assess the application while some won't.

If you have been chosen for biometric reuse, then after you submit your facial image through IDV App; your biometrics from old case file are put in a queue to be injected in your new case file. This queue is 3-4 weeks long.

When you attend an in-person UKVCAS appointment, your biometrics are immediately available to your current case file.

By doing in-person appointment, you are saving yourself time it takes to move biometrics from old file to new one - which can be around 3-4 weeks.

However whether you will get quick decision or not depends on whether your application was pre-assessed prior to biometric submission.
This makes sense as to why people get quicker decisions from in-person appointment and not via IDV App. Although UKVCAS maybe sending data to UKVI within 24 hours, but what happens with data is different:

In-Person Data - straight to current case file
IDV App Data - put old biometrics in queue for injection into current case file
It looks like accurate. UKVI's system is struggling to push large amount of data (photos, scans of biometrics etc). This is the reason those who used IDVAPP are getting their approvals after 4 weeks. Very helpful information. It clears confusion.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 am
Also point to note:
However whether you will get quick decision or not depends on whether your application was pre-assessed prior to biometric submission
Which means if your enquiries are outstanding or not...
This makes sense and as someone who has now been waiting for a month post-in-person biometrics for a 'straightforward' case I want to believe it, as it would be the only thing keeping me sane while I watch the other Set(M)s breeze past me lol :lol: I choose to believe I have the world's laziest caseworker

Fcjl22
China

Post by Fcjl22 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am
Fcjl22 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am
I got my approval email on 2nd Oct. TNT send an email saying they will delivery my brp on 8th. and they push it back to 9th and now 12th. And their depot is a few miles away from my house. Customer service is completely inresponsive and useless. Can't believe that UKVI can't even find an ok courier. They fired DX and now this TNT is even worse.
Worth taking a trip to the depot. Carry an official ID. I collected my ILR BRP from the depot.
I asked if I can go to collect. They said no!

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:34 am
@irfan20

Why did you not test your luck via dual submission since you have been waiting from May? I would suggest to look for a free appointment and submit biometrics in person also. It may or may not help but worth trying.
Hi CULLINAN,

I submitted my biometric through f2f appointment. I have not got any decision yet. Is there any option that i can use IDV app to submit again? It seems some people are getting some luck through dual submission.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Mur wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm
Hi CULLINAN,
I submitted my biometric through f2f appointment. I have not got any decision yet. Is there any option that i can use IDV app to submit again? It seems some people are getting some luck through dual submission.
No you can not. You should patiently wait now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Fcjl22 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am
I got my approval email on 2nd Oct. TNT send an email saying they will delivery my brp on 8th. and they push it back to 9th and now 12th. And their depot is a few miles away from my house. Customer service is completely inresponsive and useless. Can't believe that UKVI can't even find an ok courier. They fired DX and now this TNT is even worse.
Did they say why it was rearranged?
I received decision same day as you and my brp was delivered on the 8/10/20 without no problems. Maybe give them a call again and threaten to make a complaint that they have kept you waiting 2 whole days for nothing 😬.

They answer emails pretty quickly. Goodluck!

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:41 pm

sorry to aske here but anyone here having problems with the delay of brp. i recieved a decision sept 19. and have been waiting for brp. call tnt loads of times if they could even help out using my postcode. but nothin. i reported to ukvi on the 10th day but no answer until now. im getting worried. i have cancelled my plans to go to back to my country.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Ellie6244 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:41 pm
sorry to aske here but anyone here having problems with the delay of brp. i recieved a decision sept 19. and have been waiting for brp. call tnt loads of times if they could even help out using my postcode. but nothin. i reported to ukvi on the 10th day but no answer until now. im getting worried. i have cancelled my plans to go to back to my country.
Follow:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-card-not ... 07203.html

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:13 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:44 pm
Ellie6244 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:41 pm
Follow:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/brp-card-not ... 07203.html

thanks Cullinan

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Just wanted to highlight that it has been a quiet week for SET(M). Only 4 have reported receiving decision this week from Monday and no decisions for this category are coming during the weekend. The HO is going from bad to worse. The funny thing is the SET(LR) started picking up. It looks like they have the same staff doing both as when it was dead silent for SER(LR), SET(M) applicants were receiving decisions and now that SET(LR) are receiving decisions, it went silent for SET(M). Ridiculous!! :? :roll:

gadag
India

Post by gadag » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Just wanted to highlight that it has been a quiet week for SET(M). Only 4 have reported receiving decision this week from Monday and no decisions for this category are coming during the weekend. The HO is going from bad to worse. The funny thing is the SET(LR) started picking up. It looks like they have the same staff doing both as when it was dead silent for SER(LR), SET(M) applicants were receiving decisions and now that SET(LR) are receiving decisions, it went silent for SET(M). Ridiculous!! :? :roll:
Nice observations Ameline.Also I see there are no decisions on Set(O) PBS Dependent. this category is dead silent.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Ameline wrote:
I was thinking exactly the same! But that wouldn't make much sense, but then again pretty much everything to do with UKVI/HO is a mystery... :?
Last edited by ajitu92 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Ameline wrote:
Being a SET(LR) applicant, I haven't been tracking SET(M).
From the timeline thread I see June/July SET(M) applicants had just begun receiving decisions.
HO is trying to catchup with SET(LR) and June/early July applicants are seeing decisions.

If SET(LR) goes lull again with SET(M) picking up, then your theory is probably right. :?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Ameline wrote:
Pls, let SET LT enjoy little. When do you think August decisions will start coming through? I am August 1st

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:47 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:44 pm
Ameline wrote:
Pls, let SET LT enjoy little. When do you think August decisions will start coming through? I am August 1st
Going to be a while...100 days from the date of application on average.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:06 pm

@ gadag it has been slower for SET (O)+ depedents or dependents only than SET(O) only but few have reported receiving approval.

@ajitu92 Not sure if this is pure coincidence or decisions are really linked.

@poper We will see in the next few weeks, as I will be here to observe them!! :lol:

@kiss300 I am really happy for SET(LR) mate, as they were waiting for so long and I do not want this to stop for them. Hope everyone will get a prompt decision. Just trying to work out what's happening. For you (01/08) it depends on when they will start processing August applications for SET(LR). There was no single LR Aug or Sep application approved yet.

Ruprah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ruprah » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a long time silent reader of this forum. My husband applied for ILR (set O)on 2 July 2020 , submitted in person biometrics on 11 September 2020 and just got his email approval today (9 October 2020). It’s been a stressful wait, I can only imagine how much more stressed March to June applicants who are still waiting are. I hope all those still waiting feel encouraged that although some people are getting approvals after just a few days of doing biometrics , not everyone is getting responses within a week but stay strong the response is coming!

Wishing you all well and the best of luck to those still waiting! Thank you to everyone who posts and shares helpful information. I’ll post a more detailed timeline in the timeline thread. Have a blessed weekend 😊

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Ameline wrote:
Please can the HO hire you to do project management/data/everything, I think things would be in much better shape with someone like you there!

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:24 pm

dear all,

do we need to post the old BRPs separately back to the address they provided on the approval? on 1 letter, multiple BRPs ok?

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Just received the approval of my dependant’s application. It says BRP will be delivered in 7 working days by “courier” but no tracking number mentioned. Does it mean it will take longer than to arrive ? Please advise ...

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:44 pm

ours arrived in 4 business days. solicitor didnt mention of any tracking numbers to us.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Great, does it including the day of approval?

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Ruprah wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:13 pm
Hi everyone,

I’ve been a long time silent reader of this forum. My husband applied for ILR (set O)on 2 July 2020 , submitted in person biometrics on 11 September 2020 and just got his email approval today (9 October 2020). It’s been a stressful wait, I can only imagine how much more stressed March to June applicants who are still waiting are. I hope all those still waiting feel encouraged that although some people are getting approvals after just a few days of doing biometrics , not everyone is getting responses within a week but stay strong the response is coming!

Wishing you all well and the best of luck to those still waiting! Thank you to everyone who posts and shares helpful information. I’ll post a more detailed timeline in the timeline thread. Have a blessed weekend 😊
Congratulations and many thanks for sharing! 😊