ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ameline
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:55 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:14 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Just wanted to highlight that it has been a quiet week for SET(M). Only 4 have reported receiving decision this week from Monday and no decisions for this category are coming during the weekend. The HO is going from bad to worse. The funny thing is the SET(LR) started picking up. It looks like they have the same staff doing both as when it was dead silent for SER(LR), SET(M) applicants were receiving decisions and now that SET(LR) are receiving decisions, it went silent for SET(M). Ridiculous!! :? :roll:
Please can the HO hire you to do project management/data/everything, I think things would be in much better shape with someone like you there!
I should receive 2 emails from them one for my approval and one to offer me a job with them as data analyst/scientist :lol:

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:57 pm

berege wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:24 pm
dear all,

do we need to post the old BRPs separately back to the address they provided on the approval? on 1 letter, multiple BRPs ok?
You can obviously cut them into 4 pieces and put them in the same envelope, just include a note of the number of the BRPs your are handing and their numbers.

joe2jube
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by joe2jube » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm

irfan20 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:23 am
Application Type : FLR(M) Extension
Application Submitted online on: 12/05/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: IDV - HO sent email asking facial image 27/08/20 , submitted on same day
Inperson submission: No
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): Yes, via email on 09/06/2020, send on same day
Decision Email: waiting
Decision Letter Received on: waiting
BRP Card Received on: Waiting...
Decision: waiting

Wondering is there anyone else in this group waiting for decision since may? or is there anyone who have received the desicion from similer timeline and had only use IDV app?
Thanks
I submitted in June, same flr m. I did idv on 08/09 and Still waiting for decision.
I had earlier booked an in person appointment for 28/09 but cancelled it on the day due to work commitments.
Now I have booked f2f appointment for 22/10. And I did call the ukvi line if they can escalate. The guy who received the call says I will hear a response from ukvi within 10 working days.
Today is the 10th working day since the inquiry and I have not heard any response.
Am hoping and praying that Insha’Allah I get a before even my appointment on the 22nd.

I hope you get a decision soon

pblankso
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by pblankso » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Just to have some peace of mind, I sent an email yesterday to UKVI SET(M) <UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk> and received an update this morning to confirm that my biometric has been processed.

Please note that my route is SET M hence why the email was sent to UKVI SET(M) <UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk>.

My email was simple only asked for confirmation of receipt for biometrics and not update on my applications.

Also, my response was not generic but from a CW with a name.

Hope this info helps other members.

Good luck to all applicants. 8)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm

@Ameline
Given all odds against SET(M), using my psychic powers, I think you would hear by 16th Oct... If this prediction comes true, I would actually think of playing the Powerball lottery.. 😛
Jokes aside, but I have a feeling..
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm
@Ameline
Given all odds against SET(M), using my psychic powers, I think you would hear by 16th Oct... If this prediction comes true, I would actually think of playing the Powerball lottery.. 😛
:lol: :lol: My hope went really up now CULLINAN as I believe massively on your psychic powers mate and have no doubt on them :lol: :lol:

Tbh I have the same feeling that Sep SET(M) will start receiving approvals next week, but lets wait and see :)

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Chims1 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Just take your passport and biometric. Its advisable to carry all your supporting documents incase they have to scan anything that didn't scan properly. They had to scan my passport again as I had uploaded it in the wrong category. You should be done in 10 mins max. Good luck
Thank you. I attended today and it was quite short as you said, almost 15 mins. All they did was scan my passport and take finger prints and signature. I wish I had done it sooner and not gone for IDV.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:23 pm
:lol: :lol: My hope went really up now CULLINAN as I believe massively on your psychic powers mate and have no doubt on them :lol: :lol:

Tbh I have the same feeling that Sep SET(M) will start receiving approvals next week, but lets wait and see :)
Well all we can do is keep our hopes up.. it helps.. think positive, look forward for something positive.. fingers crossed... I will pray your approval comes very quick..inshaAllah..good luck 🙏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

corasson

Post by corasson » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:48 pm

Applied on the 27th of May SETLR, submitted biometric and documents through IDV app on the 29th July. More documents requested 24th September. Documents sent 02 October.

I know everyone is waiting but does anyone know long it takes for decision after documents sent?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:55 pm

corasson wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:48 pm
Applied on the 27th of May SETLR, submitted biometric and documents through IDV app on the 29th July. More documents requested 24th September. Documents sent 02 October.

I know everyone is waiting but does anyone know long it takes for decision after documents sent?
Soon.

Mr laptop
United Kingdom

Post by Mr laptop » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Mr laptop wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Congrats MR. Laptop!!
Thanks mate @CULLINAN
I did dual submission and looks like it worked for me and I will update once I receive my BRP
Its my honest wish that dual submission also work for you as well and you get your successful outcome of Naturalisation application
keep doing a great job of helping people
Just an update regarding pic on BRP
As I applied in First week of April 2020
IDV submission 23/08/2020
Waited for 5 weeks then went for face to face Biometric appointment 26/09/2020
Some successful applicants of dual submission reported that it worked for them but at the same time some successful applicants of dual submission also reported that dual submission didn't work for them
In my case, Dual Submission definitely worked for me
Picture and digital signature on the BRP are taken from Face to Face Appointment

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:23 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm
@Ameline

Fingers crossed on this I hope you guys are right- my partner applied 2nd Sep (SET M route), and we are patiently waiting, (if checking emails and such counts as being patient!).

Vijay_1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vijay_1234 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi All
I have submitted my application on 2nd October. I got a link to register UKVCAS website and there was an option to book appointment. I have booked biometric appointment for 21st October. Is that ok to provide the biometric before i get any email from homeoffice ?

thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 pm

Vijay_1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 pm
Hi All
I have submitted my application on 2nd October. I got a link to register UKVCAS website and there was an option to book appointment. I have booked biometric appointment for 21st October. Is that ok to provide the biometric before i get any email from homeoffice ?

thanks
You dont get any email now. You took the right steps. Attend your appointment on 21st.

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 pm

I’ve been a silent reader on this for months and today my husband recieved his ILR Approval (SET M)

Here’s my timeline

Applied on 21/04/2020
IDV submission 25/08/2020
Received approval email on 09/10/2020

Hope you all receive good news soon!

Vijay_1234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vijay_1234 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:00 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 pm
Vijay_1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 pm
Hi All

thanks
You dont get any email now. You took the right steps. Attend your appointment on 21st.
Thank you Cullinan. Appreciate your help

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello :lol: all
My ILR approved 2 days ago thanks for all help me
Just quick question regard return my old BRO they said cut it to half send back so should I cut it from side up to down or right to left?

Thanks All

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Hello :lol: all
My ILR approved 2 days ago thanks for all help me
Just quick question regard return my old BRO they said cut it to half send back so should I cut it from side up to down or right to left?

Thanks All
Could you please provide your timeline? Thanks

Re: BRP - it doesn't matter really. Cut it into half or 4 pieces, anyway you like. Just put a note of your reference number and why you handling it (received ILR BRP for e.g.)

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:49 pm

I just got my ILR apporval today. Big relief. Thank you all for the support.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:57 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:49 pm
Congratulations 🥳 thanks for sharing.

July SET(LR) applicants, expect good news sooooon!! 😊

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:44 pm

I just received approval for SET-M application :D
I must say it wasn't a straightforward case, as we lived apart for a few months due to my studies. Don't know if it required further enquiries or approval from a supervisor etc.

My timeline:
Application date - 14/05/2020
IDV - 25/08/2020
In person appointment - 02/10/2020
Approval - 10/10/2020

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and knowledge in this waiting process. Special thanks to Cullinan for all his guidance and in keeping our mood up! Also, many thanks to Ameline for creating statistics! :lol:

Good to luck to everyone!

gk777
United Kingdom

Post by gk777 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:48 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Were you Set LR? If yes, what was your application date?

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:03 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Congratulations. Good news, I presume this is the first 13th of July to have been granted in LR route, so we are moving across July pretty good.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:16 pm

MKC wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:44 pm
I just received approval for SET-M application :D
Congratulations 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm

If anyone is following FLR(M), my friend applied on 9th Sep, biometrics in person on 30th Sep, generic automated delay email on 10th Oct..i.e. case can not be processed within 8 weeks bla bla.