ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

senu14
Sri Lanka

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by senu14 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi All,

For those whom are following, there has been an update today in regard to my fresh claim, the Home office has finally replied to my MP Letter saying on the 11 August we were refused asylum however were granted leave to remain outside the immigration rules valid until 11 Feb 2023

The decision paper were despatched to my legal representative on the 17 August along with my biometrics.

However upon contacting my solicitor she confirmed she has not received any letters or biometrics in regards to my case. she has sent a chase up to HO asking to resend the documents after showing her the MP's letter.

It is quite odd not to hear anything or even be aware for almost a month after granting some sort of status, and even my Nass support still available. I tired to call migrant help to ask for verification or if they have received any updates but they said they were not quite sure.

Does anyone know a number that I can call to check, and to even ask where about have they dispatched our biometrics and decision letters? I am also wondering since it has been a month I am not quite sure if I will even be eligible for upgrade appeal, if I have the right to appeal the asylum refusal.

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hope you are doing well. did you manage to find your decision letters. I'm experienced same situation as you until this afternoon I was waiting my decision but received email from MP this afternoon saying that my decision has been sent out 22nd September to my solicitor. I believe they sent out to old solicitor .trying to contact him but he doesn't reply as I'm no longer his client maybe. home office worked on their timeframe but I'm still waiting.
please let me know what you have done in this situation to find letters

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:46 pm

senu14 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:21 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

For those whom are following, there has been an update today in regard to my fresh claim, the Home office has finally replied to my MP Letter saying on the 11 August we were refused asylum however were granted leave to remain outside the immigration rules valid until 11 Feb 2023

The decision paper were despatched to my legal representative on the 17 August along with my biometrics.

However upon contacting my solicitor she confirmed she has not received any letters or biometrics in regards to my case. she has sent a chase up to HO asking to resend the documents after showing her the MP's letter.

It is quite odd not to hear anything or even be aware for almost a month after granting some sort of status, and even my Nass support still available. I tired to call migrant help to ask for verification or if they have received any updates but they said they were not quite sure.

Does anyone know a number that I can call to check, and to even ask where about have they dispatched our biometrics and decision letters? I am also wondering since it has been a month I am not quite sure if I will even be eligible for upgrade appeal, if I have the right to appeal the asylum refusal.

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hope you are doing well. did you manage to find your decision letters. I'm experienced same situation as you until this afternoon I was waiting my decision but received email from MP this afternoon saying that my decision has been sent out 22nd September to my solicitor. I believe they sent out to old solicitor .trying to contact him but he doesn't reply as I'm no longer his client maybe. home office worked on their timeframe but I'm still waiting.
Hi Senu,
This must be very frustrating for you , do you know if the HO revealed the outcome of your case to your MP?I am sure its a positive decision. I had my biometrics on the 24th of September and I am still waiting for outcome. I hope you will be able to find your decision letter soon. All the best

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 pm

shooroma wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:46 pm
senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,
This must be very frustrating for you , do you know if the HO revealed the outcome of your case to your MP?I am sure its a positive decision. I had my biometrics on the 24th of September and I am still waiting for outcome. I hope you will be able to find your decision letter soon. All the best
Hi shooroma,
It is awful to hear that. we were keep praying and in tension but decision has gone for someone two weeks before. I am in fear about documents been sent out for support the case it could be misplace in this situation. my daughter's all important documents has sent out as evidence.
Thank you for your pray for me. wish you will hear positive decision soon

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:05 pm

senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,

I am well, thank you. I hope you are well. Unfortunately, we have been in a limbo since, Solicitor trying to locate the right team that managed our case and whats worse they have said they cant trace the documents nor the biometrics. Non the less, the solicitor has asked them to reproduce the relevant documents once again as a matter of priority but no luck so far.
What is even more interesting we got calls from Migrant Help and Local Council informing us about our decision, I am wondering it is matter of days before they serve us with eviction notice. but can not transition to anywhere without the decision letters and biometrics.

I also emailed them numerous time as well I posted a letter, but no luck thus far.

Anyone got an experience please tell us.

Thank you

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm

shooroma wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:46 pm
senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,
Hi

In my case they have revealed the outcome to the MP along with the issue and expiry date of the leave.

Best of luck :)

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:05 pm
senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,

I am well, thank you. I hope you are well. Unfortunately, we have been in a limbo since, Solicitor trying to locate the right team that managed our case and whats worse they have said they cant trace the documents nor the biometrics. Non the less, the solicitor has asked them to reproduce the relevant documents once again as a matter of priority but no luck so far.
What is even more interesting we got calls from Migrant Help and Local Council informing us about our decision, I am wondering it is matter of days before they serve us with eviction notice. but can not transition to anywhere without the decision letters and biometrics.

I also emailed them numerous time as well I posted a letter, but no luck thus far.

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,

I can understand your situation well as I'm in same boat but i was lucky enough to found the decision notice already because they sent it to my previous solicitor. After many email finally they posted it to me and today i got it. But still not that useful as BRP not included along with that letter. It's only said we been granted 30 months visa basis on private life and we cant use that letters to claim benefit or find work or etc..
Have to wait BRP come. same as you we are in difficult situation as we supposed to vacant our house 30th September that our friend support us with this house rent and bills stuff. but he had to stop supporting us with covid situation as his business loss. so we have no way to find house than asking help from council but still cant do it with this decision letter. Landlord has taken legal action already. We are on nass financial support but still they did not send us any letter yet. Decision letter says BRP will come separate letter shortly but its been three weeks after decision letter arrived. Hope that will definitely going to wrong address too. so stressful still i dont know what will happen to my bundle of support documents when they return it how long will it take BRP to come. what kind of stress is this. hope you will find it soon. please keep me update and i will do too.

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm

senu14 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:25 pm
Joe15 wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,

I can understand your situation well as I'm in same boat but i was lucky enough to found the decision notice already because they sent it to my previous solicitor. After many email finally they posted it to me and today i got it. But still not that useful as BRP not included along with that letter. It's only said we been granted 30 months visa basis on private life and we cant use that letters to claim benefit or find work or etc..
Have to wait BRP come. same as you we are in difficult situation as we supposed to vacant our house 30th September that our friend support us with this house rent and bills stuff. but he had to stop supporting us with covid situation as his business loss. so we have no way to find house than asking help from council but still cant do it with this decision letter. Landlord has taken legal action already. We are on nass financial support but still they did not send us any letter yet. Decision letter says BRP will come separate letter shortly but its been three weeks after decision letter arrived. Hope that will definitely going to wrong address too. so stressful still i dont know what will happen to my bundle of support documents when they return it how long will it take BRP to come. what kind of stress is this. hope you will find it soon. please keep me update and i will do too.
Hi Senu,
Congratulations on your visa!!wonderful news at last after long wait, at least you know that you have been granted although you are still to receive your biometric resident permit which I believe is a matter of time before you receive it and I hope the HO will send it to right address. All the best

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:22 pm

@senu congratulations 🥳 atleast you can sleep now. I’m still waiting for my initial asylum claim decision. Home office promised like you to get things done since my solicitor sent them a PAP in the beginning of September I’m hopeful to get a refugee status and I also have a British child. I just sent my MP a chase up later so to hear if they have concluded the case. Enjoy your freedom with your family you deserve it after a long stressful waiting period.

Laureen007
United Kingdom

Post by Laureen007 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi guys,
i have only just submitted my fresh claim last month but i was just wondering what is the earliest you can start messaging the FSU for an update making your submission? 3 months, 6nmonths or 1 year?

Hooman
United Kingdom

Post by Hooman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 am

Laureen007 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 pm
Hi guys,
i have only just submitted my fresh claim last month but i was just wondering what is the earliest you can start messaging the FSU for an update making your submission? 3 months, 6nmonths or 1 year?
Mine took 3 years 11 months all together from the date I did submitted my documents to fsu until the decision

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:31 am

senu14 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:25 pm
Joe15 wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Joe15 wrote:
Hi All,

wish everyone well

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,
Hi Senu,

Thank you
Hi Joe 15,

Hi Senu,

Congratulations once again for getting a decision, it is really frustrating how unorganised Home office seems to be. We are quite fortunate comparing to others, but surely producing letters and biometric cards are more logistical and automated system, yet they get things wrong. Which email address have you used to contact them? I had no luck with CSU post email address.

True we can’t move on without BRPs, we surely have been told to start the transition from Migrant help but we can’t without BRPs, I called Migrant help yesterday to ask them to extend my support due to the same.

If you are on Nass support and the landlord has taken action on you, I’d advice contacting your local council and explain. Usually they would have a housing officer responsible for such transition, as we have been getting calls from them.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi Senu,

Congratulations once again for getting a decision, it is really frustrating how unorganised Home office seems to be. We are quite fortunate comparing to others, but surely producing letters and biometric cards are more logistical and automated system, yet they get things wrong. Which email address have you used to contact them? I had no luck with CSU post email address.

True we can’t move on without BRPs, we surely have been told to start the transition from Migrant help but we can’t without BRPs, I called Migrant help yesterday to ask them to extend my support due to the same.

If you are on Nass support and the landlord has taken action on you, I’d advice contacting your local council and explain. Usually they would have a housing officer responsible for such transition, as we have been getting calls from them.
[/quote]

Hi Joe 15,

Thank you. finally I received decision notice from previous solicitors. I heard that we can make a report if we did not received BRP after 7 to 10 working days from the date of decision received. so i made a report last Friday and then someone from home office called me yesterday. As he said BRP sent out to same address where decision has been posted but solicitor saying they did not received BRP cards. and the person from home office said they will trace where is it and arrange it to deliver my address but not sure how long they will take it for. i did not email anyone just google if my BRP card didn't received then you will find the page that you can make a report. try it i hope it will work for you.
i did contacted local council for my housing problem too but did not hear from them yet as nass no longer provide accommodation for us after granted.

hinaaaa

Post by hinaaaa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Can anybody tell asylum seeker reporting started or not??

jcpren
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jcpren » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 am

hinaaaa wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm
Can anybody tell asylum seeker reporting started or not??
Yes, with reduced hours in fewer centres than before Covid. See here: https://www.gov.uk/immigration-reporting-centres

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi Guys hope you are well, does anyone with British Kids had the Nass payment of the child stopped due to them being British. I received a letter today the home office stopped paying my daughter as a dependent in the support claim. She’s only 6 and I can’t apply for other benefits which is confusing why they stopped it.

welljohn
England

Post by welljohn » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi , you need to contact migrant help if you claim asylum and they will sort it out for you .

And also sorry to put this question here.. anyone know Further submission address in Liverpool and Level to address chase letter to the department because i knew each level deal with different post. thanks .

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:22 pm

The Capital building, Liverpool, L3 9PP, Ive seen here who’ve done further submissions send complaints email (complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk) to enquire about their status of the application or timeline to getting a decision.

Nicknameless
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nicknameless » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:19 am

Hi all,
I received an approval letter by HO on 18th September. I was granted leave to remain as a refugee in the UK.
In the letter said that the BRP would have delivered within 7 days, sadly received nothing since this date.

I reported it 4 times, sent lot of emails to them and also one of MPs get in touch with HO, unfortunately it has still not been received...

Has anyone suffered with the same matter? please give me down ideas on this...

I am so depressed...

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 am

Nicknameless wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:19 am
Hi all,
I received an approval letter by HO on 18th September. I was granted leave to remain as a refugee in the UK.
In the letter said that the BRP would have delivered within 7 days, sadly received nothing since this date.

I reported it 4 times, sent lot of emails to them and also one of MPs get in touch with HO, unfortunately it has still not been received...

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Ive also unfortunately been waiting for my brp since June after approval letter

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:59 pm

Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi ,
I have gone through the same situation but yesterday I was able to collect BRP cards. my application approval letter has gone into my previous solicitor September 24th but I didn't aware about it until 08th of October. after local MP informed me that decision has been already made and sent then I was looking for it and got it 16th October. Same as yours my approval letter said that the BRP will receive shortly. I reported it 3 times and contacted MP regarding it. I believe after MP gets in touch it worked and last Thursday BRP delivered to same address where approval has gone.
but still did not receive any supporting documents yet. I know what you feel as I had same experience but hope you will get it soon as your MP involve in.

if you don't mind please let me know did you received your documents back. I tried many times to contact someone regarding documents but could not find any contact.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 am
Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Hi Violet,

sorry to hear that you still did not received your BRP. how about your appeal did you get any news for that.
I have received my BRP yesterday after huge struggling. but stress isn't over as my documents didn't return yet and also suffering to get accommodation for my family. while I was waiting for Nass accommodation my application been approved so I'm in trouble now.

Nicknameless
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nicknameless » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 am

senu14 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:07 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Hi Violet,

sorry to hear that you still did not received your BRP. how about your appeal did you get any news for that.
I have received my BRP yesterday after huge struggling. but stress isn't over as my documents didn't return yet and also suffering to get accommodation for my family. while I was waiting for Nass accommodation my application been approved so I'm in trouble now.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your emails.

Please note that the technical team have now resolved the issue preventing the production of your BRP. Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been produced and will now be ready for delivery.

Due to the current situation with Covid-19 our couriers are likely to post your BRP without obtaining a signature to ensure compliance with social distancing. The BRP will continue to be securely stored and tracked to the delivery address.

If you do not receive the permit or a calling card from the courier or have any further delivery related queries, please report this using the reporting tool available at:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

İ got this email

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm

senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Hi Violet,

Hi Senu, I haven’t heard anything back from the appeal and I hope I don’t anytime soon because I don’t think I’m mentally ready for anymore stress and pressure😞.
I’m happy to hear that you have received your brp and hopefully you’re able to sort out your accommodation. Waiting for @jay good news too

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:55 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:31 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Hi Violet,

Hi Senu, I haven’t heard anything back from the appeal and I hope I don’t anytime soon because I don’t think I’m mentally ready for anymore stress and pressure😞.
I’m happy to hear that you have received your brp and hopefully you’re able to sort out your accommodation. Waiting for @jay good news too
Hi Violet,

Thank you. but I'm still suffering as my supporting documents have not arrived yet. after huge struggle i was able to obtain BRP and approval letter so i don't know how long battle will be to find documents back. And biggest problem is accommodation right now.
I heard from Jay that her accommodation has been approved so she is waiting for other arrangement.
I will pray for you all to hear good news soon.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Nicknameless wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:49 am
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
Nicknameless wrote:
Hi all,

I am so depressed...
Hi Nicknameless,
Hi Violet,

Good Morning,

Thank you for your emails.

Please note that the technical team have now resolved the issue preventing the production of your BRP. Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been produced and will now be ready for delivery.

Due to the current situation with Covid-19 our couriers are likely to post your BRP without obtaining a signature to ensure compliance with social distancing. The BRP will continue to be securely stored and tracked to the delivery address.

If you do not receive the permit or a calling card from the courier or have any further delivery related queries, please report this using the reporting tool available at:

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

İ got this email
Hi

Glad to see that you will receive it very soon.

Could you please let me know did your received your support documents or waiting it too.
I'm still waiting my support documents and don't know where I should contact regarding documents.
Thank you.