ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial requirement ilr

Post by Fifisaby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am

Good morning to all.
I am applying for ilr set (m) on 5 December 2020, 28 days before the 5th anniversary of my stay. Everything was running smoothly with both me and my husband combined earnings well over 35k.
Since March 2020 things were going down hill but still make over 22k combined. Here comes trouble, I am being made redundant at the end of October meaning exactly 34 days short. Can I still apply without my November payslip and the fact that I won't be in employment on the day of application?
Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Financial requirement ilr

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:49 am

Have you registered a second username to ask the same question again??? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum.

member/Rez987/

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ikr-financia ... l#p1944726

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:27 pm

I am sorry but rez987 is someone i know who is helping me post my case. She logged in to my account, on her phone, to show me how to use this forum. It is not the same case but we both have almost similar circumstances like hundreds around the uk.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
Can I still apply without my November payslip and the fact that I won't be in employment on the day of application?
Thank you all
Add the other partner's November payslip instead.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm

I would like to confirm few things. My gross total since December 2019 up to October 2020 (11 months) is £15060 unsalaried income. Note: I will lose my job at the end of October.
My husband's total income since December 2019 (4x£714) + (5×£571) + September (£578)= £6289. Combined income is £ 21349 + October & November pay and still working.
My question is, would the November without me working causes a problem?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 pm
I would like to confirm few things. My gross total since December 2019 up to October 2020 (11 months) is £15060 unsalaried income. Note: I will lose my job at the end of October.
My husband's total income since December 2019 (4x£714) + (5×£571) + September (£578)= £6289. Combined income is £ 21349 + October & November pay and still working.
My question is, would the November without me working causes a problem?
Assuming your partner is working for same employer from at least 6 months, and earning varying wages on each month, if yes then good to go without your November's payslip provided the aggregative income from the very recent 6 months has been at least £9300. Aside this, owlishly don't forget to take an employer letter before leaving.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:43 pm

If my partner earns £9300 for 6 months I don't need to be working at all nor do I need his November pay slip because £9300x 2 = £18600 is the financial requirement. I wouldn't even come to this forum to ask questions
I am looking for the combination of both salaries without my november pay slip.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:51 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:43 pm
If my partner earns £9300 for 6 months I don't need to be working at all nor do I need his November pay slip because £9300x 2 = £18600 is the financial requirement. I wouldn't even come to this forum to ask questions
I am looking for the combination of both salaries without my november pay slip.
seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:50 pm
provided the aggregative income from the very recent 6 months has been at least £9300
Aggregative = combination (both partner's wages). Hope it clears now.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:50 pm

I am so sorry my english is below par. I thank you so much for your time and help.
It's very clear now. I will relax now without panicking or rushing to find any new job to start on 1st November which is around the corner, considering many businesses are closing down.
Thanks again

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 pm

If I start work though, wouldn't it mess up the MIR because I would be with the new employer less than six months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 pm
If I start work though, wouldn't it mess up the MIR because I would be with the new employer less than six months.
No as you can switch into another congenial category (category B)

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

R Financial requirement ilr

Post by Fifisaby » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 pm

I am sorry I did not get it.
Do you mean that I will be in category B if i work for a new employer?
I understand that A and B should not be combined.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: R Financial requirement ilr

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 pm
Do you mean that I will be in category B if i work for a new employer?
Correct
Fifisaby wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 pm
I understand that A and B should not be combined.
Correct

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 pm

Thanks.
I am happy I won't look for a new job than.
I know I am satisfied with your explanation and we both know the combined income is enough but do you think my partner's salary of 750 in November won't cause a problem knowing i will be unemployed in November?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:41 am

Fifisaby wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 pm
Thanks.
I am happy I won't look for a new job than.
I know I am satisfied with your explanation and we both know the combined income is enough but do you think my partner's salary of 750 in November won't cause a problem knowing i will be unemployed in November?
Fifisaby wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:35 pm
Assuming your partner is working for same employer from at least 6 months, and earning varying wages on each month, if yes then good to go without your November's payslip provided the aggregative income from the very recent 6 months has been at least £9300. Aside this, owlishly don't forget to take an employer letter before leaving.
If above will be the case, then hopefully there shouldn't be any issue, but ideally you should not entrench with slackness rather should be proactive in finding a new job and/or your partner should start doing overtime too.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:50 am

They may disregard previous income, if you are unemployed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:44 am

Of course, in case of encyclopedic employment checks by liaising with the previous employer that gambit might not succeed due to not being straightforward. Also, a mere announcement of redundancy isn't an end of world rather can be prolonged/avoided through the involvement of trade union/informal negotiation (as happening a lot) which might stretch this time period of employment as well.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Seagul said just add partner's November pay slip and vinny said :They may disregard previous income, if you are unemployed. I am confused.
Again I will be unemployed in November and my partner will earn only 750 that month but our agreggative income for previous 6 months do meet MIR. Anyone please?
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Can't you apply on one day before of being redundant which natchly will be little earlier but still the decision will most likely be made on/after your qualifying period. By this way, on the date of application, you will be employed whilst be covered by section 3c, and be benefitted from the discretion where you need to be qualified on the date of decision.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm

I think it's good news according to my understanding. Still worried though. My employer could keep me on the payroll for November and December but with zero pay because furlough is ending 31st October and they are not on the new job support scheme, therefore my November pay slip would be zero. According to my calculations above, My gross total since December 2019 up to October 2020 (11 months) is £15060 unsalaried income.
My husband's total income since December 2019 (4x£714) + (5×£571) + September (£578)= £6289. Combined income is £ 21349 + husband's October & November pay and still working.
My question ? Do you think this should be fine as long as I am employed the day of submitting the application (1st December. And am I in category A?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm
I think it's good news according to my understanding. Still worried though. My employer could keep me on the payroll for November and December but with zero pay because furlough is ending 31st October and they are not on the new job support scheme, therefore my November pay slip would be zero.
That is why I told you earlier that a mere redundancy announcement is not an end of world rather on requesting them by yourself/union/they get compelled themselves to keep you employed at least on day of application, then the criteria can still be met
Fifisaby wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 pm
My question ? Do you think this should be fine as long as I am employed the day of submitting the application (1st December. And am I in category A?
Yes same said at earlier.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Thanks a lot seagul.
I am applying on the 5 December not 1st. But I will be on the payroll for the December anyway. But what do you mean ""at least on the day of application"" do you mean if they find out i finished work at the time of deciding my case, I will be in trouble?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 pm
Thanks a lot seagul.
I am applying on the 5 December not 1st. But I will be on the payroll for the December anyway. But what do you mean ""at least on the day of application"" do you mean if they find out i finished work at the time of deciding my case, I will be in trouble?
Means if you will be employed on the date of application, then your income will be considered which could otherwise (if not employed) be disparaged. Noteworthily, even if afterwards you would no longer be employed but still would be in a strongly shielded position to argue that you have met the requirements in accordance of the official guidance, as per which the income & circumstances till the date of application are mattered.

Fifisaby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Fifisaby » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Thanks so much for your help and time.
I will update you with the outcome. Just before I go. it should be fine if I start a new job after submitting the application shouldn't it, even if they find out?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Fifisaby wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm
Thanks so much for your help and time.
I will update you with the outcome. Just before I go. it should be fine if I start a new job after submitting the application shouldn't it, even if they find out?
Hopefully wouldn't be any issue. However, as in belt & braces, I will add a covering letter spotlighting the job precarity on/after December while applying, so that the UKVI caseworker know that from the very outset.