ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring PCN on Naturalisation Application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Travel with ILR while Naturalisation Application in Process?

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello,

Can I travel with my existing ILR while my Naturalisation application is in process? I ask as I know it is not possible to travel to outside UK while you have a visa application in process with the Home Office. However what is the rule with naturalisation?

Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Travel with ILR while Naturalisation Application in Process?

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:42 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Hello,

Can I travel with my existing ILR while my Naturalisation application is in process? I ask as I know it is not possible to travel to outside UK while you have a visa application in process with the Home Office. However what is the rule with naturalisation?

Many thanks.
You are free to travel. This is not an immigration application. Citizenship application falls under the Nationality laws. You only become British when you attend the ceremony not after approval only. You are free to travel before ceremony. After ceremony, your ILR BRP will be invalid and you have to return it within 5 days.

However, note if you are travelling for long, there should be someone to keep an eye on the post. In rare cases HO may ask for any additional documents required and you have to respond in a certain time frame.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:55 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Visas and leave LTR are dealt with under immigration rules while nationality laws deals with naturalization applications and allows for the applicant to travel freely while naturalization application is in progress you can have your original passport with you for travelling if you submit certified copy of your full passport.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:55 pm
mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks.
Visas and leave LTR are dealt with under immigration rules while nationality laws deals with naturalization applications and allows for the applicant to travel freely while naturalization application is in progress you can have your original passport with you for travelling if you submit certified copy of your full passport.
Just to clarify, when applying for naturalisation you scan and upload your passport online (with all the other required documents) - certified copies are not required - unless I'm have misread something.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Declaring PCN on Naturalisation Application?

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Hello,

I have had 3 Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) for traffic fines to the total of £90 which were all paid promptly. Do I have to declare these in my naturalisation application? Will it make a difference on whether or not these are declared?

Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Declaring PCN on Naturalisation Application?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:41 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm
Hello,

I have had 3 Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) for traffic fines to the total of £90 which were all paid promptly. Do I have to declare these in my naturalisation application? Will it make a difference on whether or not these are declared?

Many thanks.
No need.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Thank you for your response. I was concerned that if I don't declare it, it may count as deception, but I think it is anyway no big deal to have an impact anyway.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:06 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Thank you for your response. I was concerned that if I don't declare it, it may count as deception, but I think it is anyway no big deal to have an impact anyway.
Parking Charge Notice is issued to the Vehicle not the driver. Plus deception only comes into play if someone intentionally hides a criminal conviction or something that would have resulted in a refusal if declared.

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am

Thank you for your help. These 3 Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) were not for parking, but for inadvertently driving into a bus lane a few times. Does this make a difference?
My other question is that the date of issue of my ILR BRP is 01 Nov 2019. I can submit my naturalisation application on 01:00 AM on 02 Nov 2020, correct?
Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:05 am

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 am
Thank you for your help. These 3 Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) were not for parking, but for inadvertently driving into a bus lane a few times. Does this make a difference? No
My other question is that the date of issue of my ILR BRP is 01 Nov 2019. I can submit my naturalisation application on 01:00 AM on 02 Nov 2020, correct? If you wish yes but I always suggest applicants leave themselves some time to get things right, not rush.
Thank you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.