ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refusal by benefe

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benefe
Newly Registered

visa refusal by benefe

Post by benefe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:52 pm

if i send a letter to the uk embassy including other documents and give them a week will i be called?pls do u knw wen it takes to be called in cases like visa refusal.
jst 2 see if they will reconsider and grant visa without the appeal form.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:13 am

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:52 pm Post subject: visa refusal by benefe
if i send a letter to the uk embassy including other documents and give them a week will i be called?pls do u knw wen it takes to be called in cases like visa refusal.
jst 2 see if they will reconsider and grant visa without the appeal form.
I think you need to a bit more precise and detailed about the query you are asking before anyone can advise you further.

I take it you have been refused a visa by the British Embassy and would like to know if they will reconsider their decison without going through the appeal procedure.

The answer is NO.

You have been refused, and you have to appeal against he decision and point out why you think the decision is wrong.

Without knowing why you were refused,people on this forum cant help you. So if you provide more details, then you will probally get somewhere

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 am

I take it you have been refused a visa by the British Embassy and would like to know if they will reconsider their decison without going through the appeal procedure.

The answer is NO.
The answer is YES! Although it is also true to say that it does not always work, but the fact is that if someone feels that the ECO has ignored or misunderstood some of the evidence that was presented, they should contact the ECM ... Entry Clearance Manager ... and mention their concerns to that ECM. Not guaranteed to work, but worth a try.

The sort of time it works is this. Say the refusal letter specifically mentions that the applicant has failed to provide any evidence about accommodation, and thus the application was failed, whereas in fact there was evidence about accommodation, but it appears to have been overlooked by the ECO, then a polite email to the ECM pointing that out can lead to an speedy overturn of the refusal decision.

However benefe, you mention "if i send a letter to the uk embassy including other documents ...", but that is entirely different. If you failed to present all relevant documents, and therefore the decision of the ECO was reasonable, based upon what you did present, the ECM is hardly likely to overturn that decision.
John

susy1

Post by susy1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm

John wrote:

The answer is NO.
The answer is YES! Although it is also true to say that it does not always work, but the fact is that if someone feels that the ECO has ignored or misunderstood some of the evidence that was presented, they should contact the ECM ... Entry Clearance Manager ... and mention their concerns to that ECM. Not guaranteed to work, but worth a try.

The sort of time it works is this. Say the refusal letter specifically mentions that the applicant has failed to provide any evidence about accommodation, and thus the application was failed, whereas in fact there was evidence about accommodation, but it appears to have been overlooked by the ECO, then a polite email to the ECM pointing that out can lead to an speedy overturn of the refusal decision.

However benefe, you mention "if i send a letter to the uk embassy including other documents ...", but that is entirely different. If you failed to present all relevant documents, and therefore the decision of the ECO was reasonable, based upon what you did present, the ECM is hardly likely to overturn that decision.
Hi John.

How can one find out the email address of the ECM if on the refusal notice the only reference/name of the ECO are initials? Would one send an email to the the appeals email address with reference to the refusal notice by eg MS?

thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Susy1, go to the website of the relevant British Mission. There is usually an email address of the visa section. Use that email address, and mark the email for the attention of the ECO.
John

susy1

Post by susy1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:29 pm

John wrote:Susy1, go to the website of the relevant British Mission. There is usually an email address of the visa section. Use that email address, and mark the email for the attention of the ECO.
Thanks John,

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:35 pm

My apologies ... I meant to say ... mark for the attention of the ECM!
John

susy1

Post by susy1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 pm

John wrote:My apologies ... I meant to say ... mark for the attention of the ECM!

i thought so, :wink: