ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Should I reapply or appeal?

Re-apply
100%
Appeal
No votes

Total votes: 1

morevisapls
Newly Registered

Dependant visa help

Post by morevisapls » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:45 am

Hi

I have been in the UK and granted Tier 1 with HSMP approval. I recently applied for dependant visa for my wife in India, it was rejected :cry: , the reason being that I attached internet printouts of my bank statement along with my original bank statements.

I attached the internet bank downloads because they need the last statement date to be within 7 days of application date and there is no way I can get this from the UK in original.

I enquired with the bank and they will give me a printout of my bank account on their letter head, this will not contain my address or a signature, just on letter head. Will this be sufficient?

Should I appeal the decision? Or reapply? Also any help on the bank statements will be helpful.

Please help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:37 am

Reading this will be useful - clarification from VFS regarding the 7 day condition.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

morevisapls
Newly Registered

Can I use my wife's deposit account?

Post by morevisapls » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:42 pm

My wife has a deposit account in India in Rupees in her name. Can she use this account to show that she can support herself? This will not require me sending a letter from the UK?
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family
member making the application
, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also
legally present in the United Kingdom;
Please let me know what you think about this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:11 pm

What maintenance dependents must have wrote:If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.

If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

morevisapls
Newly Registered

Wife's account OK?

Post by morevisapls » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Sorry, I didnt understand :(

Will my wife's account be taken for her dependant application? Although I am the sponsor?