ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence more than 30 days in a year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier2 - Entry date, multiple employers

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi. This is my current situation:
Tier4: 19-09-2011
Tier2 first: 30-10-2015 to 30-10-2018
Tier2 second: 15-11-2015 - Now
----------
1- I know this question has been asked multiple times, but I have seen mixed answers. Since I switched to Tier2 from Tier4, what is the right answer to this question?

When did you first enter the UK? (Required) This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

30-10-2015 is what my application is based on, but I physically entered the uk on 19-09-2011
----------
2- Since I had two employers, would it be enough to ask my last employer to provide me with the absence letter? None of the absences have been work-related, but half of them were at the time I was working for the first employer. I have heard that people have asked their last employer to sign the letter and they did, but not sure if this is the best way to do it. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2 - Entry date, multiple employers

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:19 am

1. Not important what you answer
2. All your employers must provide absences letters
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Tier2 - Entry date, multiple employers

Post by Ash1444 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:47 am

Thank you Zimba. I have asked both of my employers to issue the absence letter.
I thought t would be easier to follow up here. Just one more question.
I am a bit worried about the financial documents.
  • What is the standard? documents covering 3 months? 6 months? This is not quite clear
  • Can you please have a look at the document attached? This is my payslip. It contains the employer's logo, so I guess it is considered to be on a letterhead? Do I still need to stamp this? I'm asking as it is really hard to deal with the HR these days. Payslip: https://ibb.co/RBd0ytf

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Priority Service - ILR SET(O)

Post by Ash1444 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi all,
I guess the priorty and super priority service are suspended. right?
I was gonna pay for my application and realised that only the Standard Service is available. This is strange, since the Life in the UK Test centres were working without any problems!

Just wanted to double check. Are they suspended?

My worry is that my visa is gonna expire in less than 2 months! It says it might take up to 26 weeks!
Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Priority Service - ILR SET(O)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:20 pm

SP is suspended.

Once you apply in time (before visa expiry), your rights will be covered via Section 3C till a decision is made. Your visa expiry is irrelevant then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:25 pm

Thanks for the quick answer, Cullinan.
Yes, but all the stress and not being able to extend my job contract, etc.
Do you have an estimation of decision delays in recent months?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm

Ash1444 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:25 pm
Thanks for the quick answer, Cullinan.
Yes, but all the stress and not being able to extend my job contract, etc.
Check the timeline thread. Many Tier 2 applicants are getting very quick decisions even on standard route.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 31555.html
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm

This is strange, since the Life in the UK Test centres were working without any problems!
Unclear what relevance this statement has to super priority or priority Service, which is a UKVI service (not a UKCVAS service). UKVI are still dealing with backlog applications and until they are cleared, the service is likely to remain suspended.
Follow the timeline thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks to both of you for clarification.
I thought they were suspended due to safety measurements.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:47 pm

Ash1444 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm
Thanks to both of you for clarification.
I thought they were suspended due to safety measurements.
Not solely that, the humongous backlog is the man deal, not until that is cleared dontbexpect reinstatement of SPS.
Follow timelines thread as told.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Document upload - ILR Set(O)

Post by Ash1444 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi,
I just booked an appointment. UKVCAS had a strange postcode validation system and did not accept my home postcode. In order to pay, I entered my work postcode and the payment was successful, but nowI'm thinking if that address was only used for the payment and not the courier service.

1- AFAIR, they ask for the address you wish your BRP card sent to once you at the appointment centre. Am I right?

2- The next question regarding my documents is about the consent form. Now that everything is digital, can I just digitally sign and upload my documents? Do I need to print, sign, and scan?

3- Last one is about the payslips. My payslip has a logo of my employer at the bottom. Is that enough? The HR is working remotely, so I don't think they would stamp it for e anyway.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Document upload - ILR Set(O)

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Ash1444 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm
Hi,
I just booked an appointment. UKVCAS had a strange postcode validation system and did not accept my home postcode.
Most of us, many times, write 0 (zero) instead O (alphabet) and vice versa, and that may cause this intricacy. Or sometimes the postcode need to be in capital letter only and/or with/without space. So one should try all formats.
Ash1444 wrote:
In order to pay, I entered my work postcode and the payment was successful,
That is bit vexing, because never seen ever where the bank allows the payment with the address not registered to the card.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks Seagul!
My postcode follows this format: CI ICC, which is a bit different from the default, so it's probably a validation bug, but I guess the payment was successful because the actual address was correct (you enter the address manually).

Any feedback on the other questions would be appreciated too.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:44 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:47 pm
Not solely that, the humongous backlog is the man deal, not until that is cleared dontbexpect reinstatement of SPS.
Follow timelines thread as told.
Thanks. I have seen people talking about the IDV App too. I'm quite confused. I guess that was an app used during the pandemic that is not used anymore? never came across it! I completed my application form, paid the fee and then booked an appointment on the UKVCAS website. Now I just need to upload the documents and attend the appointment. Not sure when/where the IDV App comes into the equation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:47 pm

IDV is not available anymore. It was IDV or ukcvas biomterics appointment. IDV was only for those identified as eligible by ukvi. It was not an option an applicant could choose.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:47 pm
IDV is not available anymore. It was IDV or ukcvas biomterics appointment. IDV was only for those identified as eligible by ukvi. It was not an option an applicant could choose.
Thanks for clarification

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Ash1444 wrote:

2- The next question regarding my documents is about the consent form. Now that everything is digital, can I just digitally sign and upload my documents? Do I need to print, sign, and scan?

3- Last one is about the payslips. My payslip has a logo of my employer at the bottom. Is that enough? The HR is working remotely, so I don't think they would stamp it for e anyway.

Thanks in advance.
2. Cant you simply download these three pages and manually fill & sign and then upload even through your phone camera.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

3. Usually e-payslips resembling to original one without pacifically being marked as "online" copy doesn't need any stamp.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Absence more than 30 days in a year

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:09 am

I was double checking my documents and came across this sentences from the government's "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" guide, which worries me.

This also includes any paid annual leavewhich must be assessed on a case by case basis and should be in line with UK annual leave entitlement forsettled workers

You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (asdefined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays.

I have 2 absences in 2018, one for 30 days and one for 63 days. The first one is listed as holiday and he second one as Holiday + Remote Work in my absence letter from my employer. For the 63-day absence, in my application form, I put: visiting my family (especially my dad who had a heart condition) while working remotely.
Do I need to add any further documents/explanation? Would that latter from my employer be enough?

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks Seagul,
2- By digitally sign I meant using a pdf editor app on my phone, fill out and sign using a digital pen. So that should be fine

3- Thanks

vinny

Re: Absence more than 30 days in a year

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am

245HF.
(h) The applicant must provide the specified documents in paragraph 245HH as evidence of the salary in (c)(ii)(2) or (3) above and the reasons for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA.
245HH
B. A letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave. Where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason, a personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:29 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 am
245HF.
(h) The applicant must provide the specified documents in paragraph 245HH as evidence of the salary in (c)(ii)(2) or (3) above and the reasons for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA.
Thanks Vinny. Section 245AAA does not say anything about the 30-day though. I am not anywhere near the 180 days limit. So, considering this, will I be fine? I don't think I need any further documents for something not considered to be beyond the allowance as stated in here. Right?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:45 am

You should provide letter(s) from your employer, explaining any absences from the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:50 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:45 am
You should provide letter(s) from your employer, explaining any absences from the UK.
Yes. I mentioned in the original post that there is a letter from my employer stating "Holiday + Remote Work" as the reason of my absence. Since the continous period of 63 days was above the normal range I was just wondering if such a short explanation would suffice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 am

They didn’t specify that an employer’s letter must be long.

Ash1444
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ash1444 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 am
They didn’t specify that an employer’s letter must be long.
I guess you're missing my point. My first question was that based on this sentence: "You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (asdefined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays." and the fact that I have mentioned in my application that I had family issues and therefore had been away from the UK for more 30 days, do I need to provide any "Additional" explanations/documents or not.
I thought they might need some extra evidence for longer periods since they had added that specific sentence in the Guidance.

Thanks for the feedback though.